Thread: Interviews - HEXUS.TalkingShop: Rovi says TV viewing habits are changing

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Interviews - HEXUS.TalkingShop: Rovi says TV viewing habits are changing

EPG and metadata company Rovi talks to HEXUS.tv about how we’re going to access TV in future.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Interviews - HEXUS.TalkingShop: Rovi says TV viewing habits are changing

I don't know where they did their 'research' but it wasn't where I live! No one I know has any interest in On Demand or streaming TV, nor EPGs. I would say that less than 10% of the population of the UK has any interest at all. For a start UK Broadband is not up for it, it is too expensive, heavily capped & Fair Usaged to death! Then there's the unreliability of most BT lines.

I wish these Tech companies would start doing there research in real towns and areas other than inside a PC World store or Currys! The results are always the same "Everyone" wants X, Y or Z, when in fact it is only a very small percentage of the population that care let alone can afford them!

I am the only person in my and my wife's circle of friends and relatives who has ever used things like iPlayer, or youtube! Most couldn't care less about them.

Thanks

i saw a sky leaflet bb, tv & phone £20... then searched to find the cap in the small print.. hidden away very well in another leaflet 2gb!!!!!! what do they expect you to do with that? all the dumb flash and ads on every page now will take more than that per month!

so if thats the mentality of the companies, how do they think they can stream us anything on demand?!

Thanks

I think it's naive to say no one cares about iplayer or similar services. It gets millions of 'programme requests' every week. It can hardly be considered irrelevant.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

My viewing habits have changed a lot since I got virgin with a cracking on demand setup.

No longer do we watch 'live' TV apart from when football is on, or the inbetweeners, but the rest of the viewing on TV is done through iplayer, 4OD and all the other on demand features

I watch what I want to watch when I want it and even now my missus has developed her skills to access all the on demand features so that she's able to catch up on her soaps when the little one is asleep or she's got a day off from work during the week.

Thread Information