Thread: News - Google launches Instant Previews

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Google launches Instant Previews

Visual search ability comes to Google Instant.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - Google launches Instant Previews

It works nice for me. Doesn't seem like it slows the page down at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by latrosicarius View Post
    It works nice for me. Doesn't seem like it slows the page down at all.
    Try working in a business where loads of people are using the internet at any one moment.

Things like this are a nightmare for our school. The County Council are already buckling under the huge rise in general traffic over the past couple of years, and what's probably the most popular site on the net probably quadrupling their data in that same period is going to cause immense problems for them and massive frustration for the likes of myself.

I wish Google enabled you to just use the old, stripped down version. No suggestions. No instant. No previews. That you could just search for what you want to search, click and button and results would appear. I've no real problem with them making it more feature rich or quicker for the less experienced.... I just wish you could keep Google 'Google-like', through the options or whatever.

For the record, I know you can turn off Google Instant, but you end up with search suggestions then (the option to remove them has been replaced with Instant), and as a result you lose your search history. Can you turn off the previews (which I doubt I'll ever use)? If so, how long before you can't?

Stop trying to innovate, Google. If you do need to scratch your creative itch, then please allow us a choice.

Who the $%£# told you you could eat my cookies?! Oobie-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    Try working in a business where loads of people are using the internet at any one moment.

Things like this are a nightmare for our school. The County Council are already buckling under the huge rise in general traffic over the past couple of years, and what's probably the most popular site on the net probably quadrupling their data in that same period is going to cause immense problems for them and massive frustration for the likes of myself.

I wish Google enabled you to just use the old, stripped down version. No suggestions. No instant. No previews. That you could just search for what you want to search, click and button and results would appear. I've no real problem with them making it more feature rich or quicker for the less experienced.... I just wish you could keep Google 'Google-like', through the options or whatever.

For the record, I know you can turn off Google Instant, but you end up with search suggestions then (the option to remove them has been replaced with Instant), and as a result you lose your search history. Can you turn off the previews (which I doubt I'll ever use)? If so, how long before you can't?

Stop trying to innovate, Google. If you do need to scratch your creative itch, then please allow us a choice.
    Hear hear!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thread Information