Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,549
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,928 times in 670 posts

    Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    With the launch of the iPad 2, Apple told the competition.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Gundam Infinite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,647
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    122 times in 93 posts
    • Infinite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GD80
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Agility 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • Infinity

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?


  3. #3
    The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Looking down & checking on swearing
    Posts
    19,380
    Thanks
    2,892
    Thanked
    3,403 times in 2,693 posts

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    If you wish to advertise here, please contact the advertising manager

    david.ross@HEXUS.net
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7 times in 5 posts

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    But the two things that have wrecked the heads of the competition the most seem to be that the iPad 2 is 33 percent thinner and that it costs the same as the old one. I reckon the reason this is a big deal is that most people are going to buy tablets from shops
    Really, the major selling point of the ipad 2 is that its thinner.... Seriously?

    maybe I should start up a business of making things thinner... anyone want to join me and take turns with the sledgehammer? It seems there is billions to be made out of selling thinner items to idiots.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9 times in 9 posts

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    Quote Originally Posted by cordas View Post
    Really, the major selling point of the ipad 2 is that its thinner.... Seriously?

    maybe I should start up a business of making things thinner... anyone want to join me and take turns with the sledgehammer? It seems there is billions to be made out of selling thinner items to idiots.
    Being thinner and lighter is definitely a big advantage for a handheld device like the iPad.

  6. #6
    HEXUS.social member finlay666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    8,546
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    894 times in 535 posts
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrochester View Post
    Being thinner and lighter is definitely a big advantage for a handheld device like the iPad.
    How about inabilities to watch an HD film due to the resolution, or the inability to hook it up to a tv without a proprietary ~£50 docking connection (which, knowing Apple will probably be to displayport as it's better and apple knows best), or maybe it's the price, as it's more than the xoom, and inferior spec

    I'd also like to point out a number of the 'facts' jobs came out with were just plain BS, he misquoted Samsung in a translation (that was cleared up prior to the launch) and people still think he is better than sliced bread while regurgitating these facts without any belief of there being any mistruth in them?

    Some people really need to stop drinking the kool-aid, or go drink that cult's kool-aid instead

    http://gizmofusion.com/2011/03/so-wh...te-were-wrong/
    http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/03/02/...e-wrong-quote/
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9 times in 9 posts

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    How about inabilities to watch an HD film due to the resolution, or the inability to hook it up to a tv without a proprietary ~£50 docking connection (which, knowing Apple will probably be to displayport as it's better and apple knows best), or maybe it's the price, as it's more than the xoom, and inferior spec

    I'd also like to point out a number of the 'facts' jobs came out with were just plain BS, he misquoted Samsung in a translation (that was cleared up prior to the launch) and people still think he is better than sliced bread while regurgitating these facts without any belief of there being any mistruth in them?

    Some people really need to stop drinking the kool-aid, or go drink that cult's kool-aid instead

    http://gizmofusion.com/2011/03/so-wh...te-were-wrong/
    http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/03/02/...e-wrong-quote/
    I'd heartilly suggest that you don't buy an iPad 2 then and leave it for people who do like it for what it is

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife (Scotland)
    Posts
    4,991
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked
    220 times in 190 posts
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

    Re: Opinions - Steve Jobs: How do you like them Apples?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrochester View Post
    I'd heartilly suggest that you don't buy an iPad 2 then and leave it for people who do like it for what it is
    A suggestion neatly answered by:
    Quote Originally Posted by cordas View Post
    Really, the major selling point of the ipad 2 is that its thinner.... Seriously? maybe I should start up a business of making things thinner... anyone want to join me and take turns with the sledgehammer? It seems there is billions to be made out of selling thinner items to idiots.
    I'd disagree vehemently that thickness (or lack thereof) is the be-all and end-all of tablet design. E.g. offer a 1mm thick tablet with a 1 hour battery life or a 10mm thick one with a 10 hour battery life (price, other spec inc weight, etc all the same) then only a complete cretin would take the "thin" version. Give me a light tablet with a decent battery life any day!

    Getting back to the thickness obsession, can we expect a sub 1mm thick iPadX that you can shave with, or use as a ninja weapon?

    Current iPad(2) is a big "meh" for me - far too restricted for the price tag. But like the article author, I'll tip my hat to Apple for uprating the specs, but keeping the pricing the same.

    PS - re the Conan O'Brien skit (after the damned advert) ... I'm cleaning the coffee off my keyboard and monitor.

    Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 10:32 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-12-2010, 02:29 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 19-04-2010, 09:21 PM
  4. News - Steve Jobs issues health reassurance
    By HEXUS in forum HEXUS News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •