Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News - Battlefield 3 to lock horns with Modern Warfare 3 in end of year battle

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Battlefield 3 to lock horns with Modern Warfare 3 in end of year battle

Two big franchises set to go head-to-head this Christmas?
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • F1nn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P6T SE
      • CPU:
      • i7-965 XE
      • Memory:
      • 6Gb Triple Channel Corsair
      • Storage:
      • Crucial C300 64Gig x 2 / 2TB assorted drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 470
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Open air
      • Operating System:
      • 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 2353 1920 x 1080
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps C&W LLU (Xilo/Uno)

Re: News - Battlefield 3 to lock horns with Modern Warfare 3 in end of year battle

The only FPS this year that is worth looking at imho is RO2:Heroes of Stalingrad. The two you mentioned are arcade hop fests for the kiddies

OilSheikh

Re: News - Battlefield 3 to lock horns with Modern Warfare 3 in end of year battle

Quote Originally Posted by F1nn View Post
    The only FPS this year that is worth looking at imho is RO2:Heroes of Stalingrad. The two you mentioned are arcade hop fests for the kiddies
    No serious gamer likes WW2 FPS mate!

Wonder who are going to be making MW3, InfinityWard or Treyarch. If Treyarch, then

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post

Wonder who are going to be making MW3, InfinityWard or Treyarch. If Treyarch, then
    IW,TRY and Sledgehammer IIRC?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Hmmm Well Battlefield looks like a pretty sweet game. and there is a lot of fallout in COD fans from the recent release of Black Ops (cus its crap) But i still think MW3 will pull out on top. the Modern Warfare series has the most loyal Call of Duty fans, and the most loyal fan base in general. I think with the right marketing (like MW2) the MW3 will blow Battlefield 3 out of the water. Lets just hope Raven, Sledgehammer, and whats left of Infinity Ward can make this game happen, and meet my highest expectations. Modern Warfare for Life BABY!

Thanks

In my opinion the Battlefield and Call of Duty franchise have both been great head to head contenders. With Call of Duty you get the instant in your face, raw, true grit experience that the world has faithfully come to love. With Battlefield you get the full war zone experience, whether your flying across a sand dune is an attack helicopter, or your blowing up buildings and everyone in it with a tank you can operate! Oh, and how can you forget the fact that the maps are gi-normus!! Either way they have there perks.

With that said, I feel that the problem EA is facing is that they came too late in the game. Lets face it, the Call of Duty franchise totally reshaped the way a FPS should be made and played. Not to mention the fact that they have, yes, monopolized the FPS military genre all together. Needless to say, EA has there work cut out for them.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! EA announced in an issue of Game Informer Magazine that they have a new weapon in the war on gaming. A new graphics engine that promises to bring them back into the fight as a world-class contender in the gaming industry. Lets face it, when you looked at BC2, it was awesome, but the graphics were sub-par to say the least. You can't blame them though, when you have maps as big as they are, there will have to be some compromise. But, if EA holds true to there word, they shall compromise no more.
    Last edited by PSYCHWARD; 12-04-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • F1nn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P6T SE
      • CPU:
      • i7-965 XE
      • Memory:
      • 6Gb Triple Channel Corsair
      • Storage:
      • Crucial C300 64Gig x 2 / 2TB assorted drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 470
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Open air
      • Operating System:
      • 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 2353 1920 x 1080
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps C&W LLU (Xilo/Uno)

LOL I was obviously wasting my time. I showed you a game with some real gameplay, made entirely for the pc by people who love pc fps games.

All you are talking is graphics and marketing......

Good luck with EA, Treyarch et al doing anything other than maximizing profits and enjoy those console ports

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you have always got

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    IW,TRY and Sledgehammer IIRC?
    From what I can make out there is IW and Sledgehammer doing the singleplayer and Raven is on the Multiplayer. Tbh I am done with CoD, generally FPS games in general, my money would be on battlefield 3 as being the better of the two games. Although you know CoD will be the run and gun and battlefield will be the more tactical team based game so I suppose it all depends on what you are looking for.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

LOL I was obviously wasting my time. I showed you a game with some real gameplay, made entirely for the pc by people who love pc fps games.

Good luck with EA, Treyarch et al doing anything other than maximizing profits and enjoy those console ports

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you have always got
    Im looking forward to RO2 quite a bit

Im also looking forward to BF3 though, im not wasting anymore money on COD games.

Thanks
    • dfour's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair 8 Hero wifi
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700x
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Dark pro @3600
      • Storage:
      • sabrent and wd nvme + 3 TB storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Vega 64 Strix water cooled
      • PSU:
      • Fractal design Ion+ 760p
      • Case:
      • Lian Li 011D custom water cooled
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC agon 32" + Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Zen Fibre @72 meg

After the POS that is mw2 and bo My money is going on BF3.

Thanks

I hope BF3 pwns the crap out of MW3.

*cough* Brink *cough*

Thanks
    • Trash Man's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LE Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 2550k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Crucial SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1.5GB 580 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet 680W E9
      • Case:
      • CM 830 Stacker
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 x 2
      • Internet:
      • 20mb IDNet ADSL

MW3 will outsell BF3 2:1, if not more.

Living and dying laughing and crying
    Once you have seen it you will never be the same
    Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
    Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Trash Man View Post
    MW3 will outsell BF3 2:1, if not more.
    Indeed it will as it will have its fanboys again queuing up for the lastest installment. No doubt more Steam groups boycotting the game then pre-ordering it in the same second. It's a shame as Battlefield brings a lot more to the table, however CoD has its uses for those quick run and gun gaming sessions.

Personally though, recently I have stopped playing CoD as much and now spend around 80% of the time playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Vietnam, much prefer the longer team based gameplay.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

for christ sakes, people still play that god awful pathetic piece of game series called COD? it losts its way after mw1.

no new features/innovations since mw1. rubbish boring game.

BF3 in the other hand i have a feeling it will be a console port/BC3 instead of a fully fledged BF game. i think all they done was upted the graphics a bit and stuck on 64 players and renamed it as battlefield 3 instead of bad company 3.

All thanks to the consoles.

here's hoping im wrong. IMO its about time BF had 128 player battles. not 64. so far i have not seen any progression from BF2 to BF3. Again if BF3 turns out to be BC3 with more players then i wont bother and i will stick to arma 2

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Thanks for the tip - if they can come up with a decent single-player "story" then I'll gladly sign on - be nice to give my current rig something more strenuous than web/mail and MP3 ripping.

Sorry I'm going to disagree x2 here. First point, if the game's good then what does it matter if you've got a Kar98 or AK47 in your hand? But then again, I'll admit to bias - I still like CoD2!

Next point - first off, everyone's saying that IW are now a zombie shadow of what they were, so the chances of them generating something good is not high, especially with Activision chasing the dollar. Secondly, they're responsible for MW2 - a truly awful game (and this from someone who counts himself as a major league CoD fanboy). Thirdly MW2 v's BO - no contest - for the SP that I play, BO just had a better story, and was more involving to boot. Coincidentally I actually enjoyed having a couple of shots of MP in BO (the mountain top radar station level), but definitely didn't enjoy the single try I had at MW2's MP.

As to MW3 v's BF3 - I'll reserve judgement until closer to the time. I didn't get BF/BF2, although borrowed a copy of the latter, on the other hand I thought the Bad Company games were just superb. I'll definitely buy a copy of MW3 (because of fan boyness), but I'd be willing to be persuaded that BF3 might be worth a go too. Don't think I'll be buying the "special edition" variant of either.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • TWizz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenox II x6 1090T
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • 1.5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce GTX 460
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Full Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7/Sometimes different Linux versions
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2409W

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Thanks for the tip - if they can come up with a decent single-player "story" then I'll gladly sign on - be nice to give my current rig something more strenuous than web/mail and MP3 ripping.

Sorry I'm going to disagree x2 here. First point, if the game's good then what does it matter if you've got a Kar98 or AK47 in your hand? But then again, I'll admit to bias - I still like CoD2!

Next point - first off, everyone's saying that IW are now a zombie shadow of what they were, so the chances of them generating something good is not high, especially with Activision chasing the dollar. Secondly, they're responsible for MW2 - a truly awful game (and this from someone who counts himself as a major league CoD fanboy). Thirdly MW2 v's BO - no contest - for the SP that I play, BO just had a better story, and was more involving to boot. Coincidentally I actually enjoyed having a couple of shots of MP in BO (the mountain top radar station level), but definitely didn't enjoy the single try I had at MW2's MP.

As to MW3 v's BF3 - I'll reserve judgement until closer to the time. I didn't get BF/BF2, although borrowed a copy of the latter, on the other hand I thought the Bad Company games were just superb. I'll definitely buy a copy of MW3 (because of fan boyness), but I'd be willing to be persuaded that BF3 might be worth a go too. Don't think I'll be buying the "special edition" variant of either.
    I'm guessing your playing BO on Xbox huh? BO is horrible on PS3, obviously because its a lousy port. For most PS3 users, MW2 vs BO, MW2 wins by a land slide. As for SP gameplay, both of them aren't good for me. I've never been a fan of SP modes where all you do is follow something the whole time. I love to free roam and do my own thing.

Can't wait for BF3 though. Just saw a gameplay video and looked pretty good (SP is going to be follow the leader of course -.-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information