Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - T-Mobile drops unlimited tethering on its Full Monty plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    I have unlimited on my current plan with a 1gb FUP, which is more than enough for me.
    How does that differ from just having a 1GB allowance? Doesn't sound unlimited to me. Our an I missing something.

I'm not on an unlimited package, but have 1.5GB included. I'd this better or worse than your "unlimited" deal?

I may be missing something, but as far as I can tell, the point of these "unlimited" packages (apart from misleading the unwary) seems to be to make the allowance not part of the contract so it can be varied (as has happened in the past)

Thanks

Re: News - T-Mobile drops unlimited tethering on its Full Monty plans

[QUOTE=Biscuit;23156]
    Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Na, T-Mobile is better than 3, cant explain why exactly but my reception has been a lot better in more cases since changing.

Even if they are more expensive than the others, O2 have always been the best service and coverage for me. Few years since i left them though.

Orange and T-Mobile share network in some areas, so possibly its down to that giving better coverage

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Na, T-Mobile is better than 3, cant explain why exactly but my reception has been a lot better in more cases since changing. Even if they are more expensive than the others, O2 have always been the best service and coverage for me. Few years since i left them though.
    T-Mobile has - without ANY doubt in my mind - better coverage than Three. One of the reasons I moved recently was that I got royally p***ed off with not being able to get ANY signal on my Three phone whilst my daughter's (T-Mobile) phone was gaily doing Facebook updates.
    Funny you should big up O2 - since around here they're well known as a carrier who seem to have better voice services (getting a signal where no others do) but their data service is sub dialup slow and patchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster0101 View Post
    Well we all know they (Three)have terrible customer service but they are the only ones that can provide a decent data service.
    My experience too - my T-Mobile service is far more widespread, but conversely it's also less consistent than Three's. Three seemed to be better at delivering a predictable/stable speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Genuine question, have you had a particularly bad experience with them? (Three) I mean I had a few mediocre ones but nothing I would go as far as to say it was terrible
    Yes. Spending nearly an hour trying to get a PAC code as a "bad" experience. Failing that, getting a final demand for non-payment after I moved banks, told them in advance and got a written acknowledgement that they'd change my details. And I can easily pull out other examples. That said, they were very good when I - ahem - managed to lock myself out of my phone.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Registered+
    Thanks

I moved to T-Mobile from O2 last October/November as I was unable to get a signal in my house on my Palm Pre (having to go out into the garden to make a call, especially when raining, was just not on), although I did seem to suddenly be able to get full 3G the last weekend of my contract. Part of the reason for the move was that T-Mobile are partnered with Orange (who I will never directly deal with again) and they now share their masts with each other, so if you're in a bad T-Mobile area you can switch to Orange coverage and vice versa. With my Galaxy Note I got 500MB of data, but internet browsing and e-mail are unlimited, that way you get to do most of the things you want to do and then just have to not go OTT on downloading .

Thanks
    • dcwt2010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.0GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 96GB SSD Kingston V100+, 1TB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB 660 ti Palit Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 24in
      • Internet:
      • Virginmedia 30Mbs

T-mobile tend to throttle their bandwidth, I have never had more than 0.5Mbs upload even in full signal and non peak hours. Three may be patchy but when you do get a signal you'll get really good transfer rates in comparison.

Banned
    Thanks

you can take the help of Cocospy that gives you remote access to the children’s smartphone. This guide let us take a tour of the features, so you can understand the control you can have on the teenager’s smartphone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information