Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Features - QOTW: what would you like to see in iPhone 5?

Thanks
    • pp05's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming itx
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3 2200G
      • Memory:
      • Ballistix Elite 8GB Kit 3200 UDIMM
      • Storage:
      • Kingston 240gb SSD
      • PSU:
      • Kolink SFX 350W PSU
      • Case:
      • Kolink Sattelite plus MITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

Re: Features - QOTW: what would you like to see in iPhone 5?

Better battery life than the rest of the market.
    Option to use it without itunes for those occasions I would like to drag and drop.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20
    Quote Originally Posted by pp05 View Post
    Better battery life than the rest of the market.
    Option to use it without itunes for those occasions I would like to drag and drop.
    Yeah dependence on itunes is another major flaw IMO. Worst music software ever!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george1979 View Post
    OK I'll assume you didn't even bother to read my follow up to that which was posted about 10 minutes before you started trolling. I'll also assume that since your IPhone is 5 years old then it is not an IPhone 4 or 4S which is obviously what I was comparing it to. So unbunch your panties there pal, everything is gonna be OK.
    So I didn't refresh my browser before you made your post, it happens.

If you'd stuck to a sensible criticism from the start like like you subsequently did, it wouldn't have looked like a cheap snipe. All the more if you can provide a credible source that tested the sturdiness of various smartphones (I wouldn't be surprised if such tests have been conducted). I can not call you a liar for anecdotes. I can give you the benefit of doubt about having many friends with broken iPhone 4/4S. It's plausible, even though I do not know a single person in real life with a broken iPhone 4/4S. I doubt either of our samples are statistically significant. But once you make overblown statement without even a smilie to indicate humour, can you expect no one to call you on it? It *is* trollish behaviour.

Your "humour" did escape me. Though had this thread been about any other phone I *still* wouldn't find it funny though, so no, it's nothing to do with iPhone ownership. I have certainly little reason to praise my antic BUT durability is certainly not one of it's weakness. If it's pathetic to hope for facts over cheap shots then that's what I shall be

Thanks
    • Jingee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128Gb Sandisk Extreme + 64Gb Crucial C300 + 2.25tb HDD storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • KFA2 nVidia GTX 670 EX OC
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Some cheap one, works well, surprisingly.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Hanns-G HS233H3B @ 120hz

A Siri that tells lies for fun.

Registered+
    Thanks

I'd like to see how is it worth living up all hypes, at least since last year.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post

If you'd stuck to a sensible criticism from the start like like you subsequently did, it wouldn't have looked like a cheap snipe. All the more if you can provide a credible source that tested the sturdiness of various smartphones (I wouldn't be surprised if such tests have been conducted). I can not call you a liar for anecdotes. I can give you the benefit of doubt about having many friends with broken iPhone 4/4S. It's plausible, even though I do not know a single person in real life with a broken iPhone 4/4S. I doubt either of our samples are statistically significant. But once you make overblown statement without even a smilie to indicate humour, can you expect no one to call you on it? It *is* trollish behaviour.

Your "humour" did escape me. Though had this thread been about any other phone I *still* wouldn't find it funny though, so no, it's nothing to do with iPhone ownership. I have certainly little reason to praise my antic BUT durability is certainly not one of it's weakness. If it's pathetic to hope for facts over cheap shots then that's what I shall be
    didn't read Agents post which quoted insurance company statistics then?

7. Received thanks from:

Pleiades (09-09-2012)

Thanks

Arrow Re: Features - QOTW: what would you like to see in iPhone 5?

I was going to say 'Android.' as my answer to OP, but then saw the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    ... Does raise an interesting question though..if someone made an iPhone 5 that wasn't Apple branded, ran Android 4.1 and kept the same quality/parts/warranty that Apple provide..would Android fans buy one? I'd certainly by tempted, especially as I really don't like Samsung's design for...
    Samsung, for one, almost certainly wouldn't dare do something like you've suggested after the recent Apple-Samsung fiasco. Well, they might if they wanted to lose some more $1b notes.

Where I agree with you is that such a phone would likely sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yeah dependence on itunes is another major flaw IMO. Worst music software ever!
    Hate iTunes. I know people with iPhones and, although I believe you HAVE to install iTunes so you can accept Apple's User Agreement, I recommend they install Media Monkey soon afterwards for transferring their music.

Annoyingly, it isn't free - well, the basic version is. However, it seems to be the best of the bunch if you (imo, very wisely) wish to avoid iTunes.

Baius
    Tech: NAS | D2 | L1 | N1 | T2 | U1 | P3

0iD@TWDJT: P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
    S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malculator View Post
    Q. What do you expect to see in the iPhone 5?

A. The smug reflection of the owner.
    lol and i'm only a few weeks from buying the wife one against all my better instincts.

The one thing that apple could do to help us all is invest in new battery technology/fuel celltechnology, they could tempt even the most die hard anti apple mob (and i promise i'm not in that mob-really i'm not lol) with 2/3 days heavy use let alone 20+. It really isn't theoretically impossible, just would take a lot of money and apple have magnitudes greater than "a lot of money" sat doing nothing offshore.

The one thing that could help many apple customers is micro sd. Never going to happen because they make too much money from upgrading the flash memory, you put an SD slot in and no one buys the top one, Samsung haven't even bothered with a 64gb S3 yet,just talking about it and if they do it'll be relatively very small volumes.

Compromise is obvious. PROPRIETARY APPLE FLASH MEDIA (look to sony again lol). Apple can still rip people off (not trying to stoke any fires, but that is the correct phrase for charging what they do for 64gb vs 32gb etc, given the actual cost of the chip, but i'm more than happy to change it to "milk their customers as much as they think they can get away with" as i can't afford the kind of lawyers they can). It at least gives their customers the OPTION and apple can claim theirs is more expensive, because it's a better memory card somehow- even though it'll probably be made by Samsung!

10. Received thanks from:

Pleiades (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    • george1979's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Kingston Hyper X
      • Storage:
      • 128Gb Crucial M4 + 1Tb Samsung F3 + 1Tb WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX570 Twin Frozer 2
      • PSU:
      • 700W Coolermaster Silent M Pro
      • Case:
      • CM 690 II Advanced
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL & Dell 2312HM
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post

The fact that you yourself mentioned my 1st statement was ridiculously exaggerated should be indication enough that it was meant to be humorous or did you honestly think I was seriously suggesting that dropping an Iphone on a pillow would break it? No you didn't did you but your immediate response was to accuse me of trolling even though my statement, though obviously ridiculous, was based in fact - as others have helpfully pointed out.

Anyway enough of this nonsense - lets just leave it at that because this is extremely boring now...

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Not going to reply to much of the anger in here - but OK, fair point - if a phone has more glass then it's more likely to break than a phone with less glass. I wouldn't trust the insurance companies stats, but common sense does indeed tell you that.

What we need is a new material that isn't plastic but still allows a mobile signal through (so basically NOT plastic, which cannot give a high end feel), and one that is affordable to mass produce Whoever comes up with that will be a very rich person..

Also whether or not the hardware really does feel solid/quality etc is subjective..agree on that too

The insurance thing is hardly Apple (or any smartphone supplier)'s fault though - if people do silly things and don't think to check their policies or to look after their phones, then bad things are more likely to happen. I still think that most insurance policies include phone cover as standard, but yes policies that don't include or offer this as a cheap option will exist.

Even if the above paragraph is subjective and people disagree - then at least it is a fact that mobile phone insurance is something that *most* people don't need - either because it's very hard to claim, very expensive or more often they are already covered elsewhere.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2012/01/...-avoid-277318/

Baius - yes I don't think it would ever happen anyway (Apple would never allow it, it's business suicide!) but I think it would sell to many.

Previously known as Wozza365
    Thanks
    • Wozza63's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX 8150 @4.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Intel 120GB SSD, 4TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX850
      • Case:
      • Akasa Venom Toxic
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XG270HU + Iiyama E2473HDS x2

what i want to see is a revolutionary device that is well worth its price tag

what i expect to see is a phone with little to no upgrades, just a new design and slightly longer screen

14. Received thanks from:

Pleiades (09-09-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    didn't read Agents post which quoted insurance company statistics then?
    Indeed I have. And had the first poster opted with something like that, I wouldn't have called on it.

That doesn't mean there would be nothing to discuss of course. The article provides a useful contrast with older iPhones, though it doesn't provide any comparison with other popular smartphones. In absolute terms, the failure rate within 4 months has increased by 1.9% compared to the 3GS, but how does that 4.7% compare with the industry average? See, I would say that over 1% sound pretty high, but for all I know, 2.5% of phone buyers are clumsy enough to break any smartphones in the market. Another question I have is about the 82% increase in broken screen. The number paints a dire picture, but what is the base number the increase is based on, and again, how does it compare to other phones?

Quote Originally Posted by george1979 View Post
    The fact that you yourself mentioned my 1st statement was ridiculously exaggerated should be indication enough that it was meant to be humorous or did you honestly think I was seriously suggesting that dropping an Iphone on a pillow would break it? No you didn't did you but your immediate response was to accuse me of trolling even though my statement, though obviously ridiculous, was based in fact - as others have helpfully pointed out.

Anyway enough of this nonsense - lets just leave it at that because this is extremely boring now...
    Unfortunately, some people do believe in their own outrageous comments, or make such statement just to troll, so I am afraid that it's not enough to indicate humour.

If someone was to say in a "What would you like to see in an Galaxy S4" thread "A phone that is not a complete copy of the iPhone", how soon do you think that another poster is going to call him on that comment? And if said person was to then say "Well duh, of course it was a joke" (assume you do not know the person's general position in the matter) what would be your genuine reaction?

And, I'll also leave it at this. No point ending a good week-end on a pointless argument on the Internet. Besides, what I'd like to see is less important than the actual product.. so I'll just have to wait a couple more days for reports of the product announcement and a couple of weeks for actual reviews.
    Last edited by TooNice; 09-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

TooNice - the same company have published such a study See below:

http://www.squaretrade.com/cell-phon...n-study-nov-10

Quote Originally Posted by squaretrade
    Synopsis: SquareTrade analyzed failure rates of over 50,000 smart phones covered by SquareTrade Care Plans and found that Apple iPhones had the fewest malfunctions, with Motorola and HTC not far behind.
    BUT before people jump on me, they have also published studies showing the exact opposite, and some in between..obviously it will vary by year, but sometimes even within the same one. Statistics are a wonderful thing, they can be used to show whatever message you want! Why do you think politicians and the media use them so much

One fairly major thing that I am sure WILL appear on the iPhone5 but that I really am against, is the headphone jack being moved to the bottom. I don't quite get the logic here - surely it just means that it's going to be harder to dock this phone/use it with accessories, and it's going to be a right pain in your pocket (I insert my phone with the top facing upward, which limits accidental power button pressing). It's one move that I really don't understand.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

One fairly major thing that I am sure WILL appear on the iPhone5 but that I really am against, is the headphone jack being moved to the bottom. I don't quite get the logic here - surely it just means that it's going to be harder to dock this phone/use it with accessories, and it's going to be a right pain in your pocket (I insert my phone with the top facing upward, which limits accidental power button pressing). It's one move that I really don't understand.
    I was a bit baffled by why they did this on the Nexus 7, fortunately my One X has it on the top. The wierd one with my One X was moving the charger to the side. I dont understand the reasoning to change perfectly functional standards that people expect at all?!

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

TooNice - the same company have published such a study See below:

http://www.squaretrade.com/cell-phon...n-study-nov-10

BUT before people jump on me, they have also published studies showing the exact opposite, and some in between..obviously it will vary by year, but sometimes even within the same one. Statistics are a wonderful thing, they can be used to show whatever message you want! Why do you think politicians and the media use them so much

Actually,if you read the link it is describing something different - the link from Agent is accident damage which indicates the iPhone is indeed more prone to accident damage(or iPhone users just are more accident prone). The link you describe,is non-accident damage which means both statistics don't contradict each other,and moreover accident damage is stated as the most common form of failure at 75% it seems.

Moreover,regarding accident damage,I agree with the others as even my mate who is an iPhone fan, has told me how people he has known have damaged their ones, through relatively benign knocks,and he is careful with his one.

Thanks
    • marshalex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T bios 1303
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840, WD Caviar Black 640Gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX @915 MHz
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower New 650W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell ST2210
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre 38MB

I would like to see more sensible pricing on contracts as the premium you have to pay for a iPhone over a galaxy s3 or htc one x is ludicrous. I'd hope that due to the recent surge of android handsets knocking apple off the top spot that this will happen but unfortunately it most likely won't as there will be millions of sheep queuing up on the first day paying over the top for the privilege of having the newest iPhone from day one. Consumerism, sigh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information