Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Updates were definitely due after 2 years.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Hello :)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    bridlington, east yorkshire
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    11 times in 11 posts
    • ionicle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N SLi Premium
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon 64 4200+ 939
      • Memory:
      • 2Gb Samsung DDR400
      • Storage:
      • 1x 80Gb Samsung SATA-2, 1x Hitachi 500GB SATA-2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon HD3650
      • PSU:
      • Akasa 400W Paxpower
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirrage 62
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows Vista
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai 22" 1680x1050
      • Internet:
      • Pipex 8mbps unlimited up/down 19.99 a month

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    A very nice upgrade, very much like the iphone now except for the key calling and texting facility, but it does apear they have refocused the ipod to people who maybe dont want an iphone because of whatever reasn, but still want an ios device for ios specific apps and the security and stability of it all
    Another well thought out, well built and potentially top selling device

    The nano is a better shape i think, loosing the big screen before was a bad choise by apple, but this has fixed it, much nicer

    Never liked the shuffle tbh, still dont, its for joggers, not tech people

    The classic is unchanged because why change it, who needs more than 160gb really..

    The earpods are definatly different...no idea what theyll be like til i try em
    Last edited by ionicle; 13-09-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  3. #3
    AlexKitch
    Guest

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Is it just me that sees a striking resemblance between the Nano and the Nokia Lumia 920? o.O

  4. #4
    Moosing about! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    31,841
    Thanks
    3,839
    Thanked
    5,132 times in 3,958 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKitch View Post
    Is it just me that sees a striking resemblance between the Touch and the Nokia Lumia 920? o.O
    Yep!

    http://mynokiablog.com/2012/09/12/re...a-twitter-too/

  5. #5
    Previously known as Wozza365
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    18 times in 17 posts
    • Wozza63's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX 8150 @4.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Intel 120GB SSD, 4TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX850
      • Case:
      • Akasa Venom Toxic
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XG270HU + Iiyama E2473HDS x2

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    looks like the rejects when they were choosing the lumia design

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    13 times in 8 posts

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKitch View Post
    Is it just me that sees a striking resemblance between the Nano and the Nokia Lumia 920? o.O
    Yes, they have absolutely nothing in common!

    *disclosure for Apple lawyers: My comment was sarcastic (check dictionary) and you CAN NOT use my post as a testimony in the court of law!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    3 times in 2 posts
    • Jingee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128Gb Sandisk Extreme + 64Gb Crucial C300 + 2.25tb HDD storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • KFA2 nVidia GTX 670 EX OC
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Some cheap one, works well, surprisingly.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Hanns-G HS233H3B @ 120hz

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    “The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of pounds more.”
    My AKG K601's beg to differ.

  8. #8
    Super Nerd
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    105 times in 72 posts

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Have they made the new earphones less leaky with noise? Current iEars are so terrible and you can hear everything, and it always seems iFans in my area listen to music that sounds like someone had a drunken argument with a Casio keyboard Then again real music fans buy proper earphones and don't use the supplied ones...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife (Scotland)
    Posts
    4,991
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked
    220 times in 190 posts
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Though sales of the iPod range are in decline these products are still profitable for Apple and worthy of updates and development
    That I find strange - especially since "iPod" is synonymous with "music player" as much as "Hoover" is for vacuum cleaner. Put it this way, if you go to Currys/Comet/PC World/Argos etc then it's likely to be an iPod that's on offer. Certainly if you want a large capacity device rather than some 2GB gym fodder.
    (iPod Classic) the player operates via Apple’s clickwheel interface. This is the only device that doesn’t come with the new EarPods...
    I thought there were strong rumours that the old Classic was going to be canned this time around - since they weren't selling many of them.
    These "EarPods" can't be THAT good if the "enthusiast" model in the range doesn't come with them.
    Good to see that the old "Classic" form factor is still there - I still maintain that the old clickwheel-driven interface is - by far - the easiest way to get access to a large collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingee View Post
    (“The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of pounds more.”) My AKG K601's beg to differ.
    Shure E535's for me - although to be honest, my old Shure e2c's (which aren't "hundreds of pounds more") consigned the default 'buds to the bin long ago.

    Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

  10. #10
    Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    17,167
    Thanks
    803
    Thanked
    2,152 times in 1,408 posts

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    £25 for rigid in ear headphones?!

    WTF are they thinking.....
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,585
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    246 times in 208 posts

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Quote Originally Posted by ionicle View Post
    The classic is unchanged because why change it, who needs more than 160gb really..
    Me. And I do think it's a pity that with lack of competition in the large storage music player segment, the development has completed stunted. I guess it shows that that competition is needed to encourage progress. Well, I acknowledge that I am probably in the minority who would make use of 500GB (or more), but I figured that if we are going with a HD based player, I may as well have enough space to have my entire collection on me.

    It' a pretty good bet that the claim on the earphones is stretched. What would be interesting is how well the earbuds compare to the Koss Porta Pro and Sennheiser PX100. Those two are in the same price range and known to punch above their weight. If the earbuds can come close in it's smaller factor, it would be very impressive (not holding my breath though, I don't think it's really Apple's domain). For the ultimate bang for buck, I am still giving my vote to the Koss KSC-75.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    84 times in 64 posts
    • miniyazz's system
      • CPU:
      • Acer Aspire 8920G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Optoma HD700X projector @ c. 90"
      • Internet:
      • Really, really ****

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Quote Originally Posted by ionicle View Post
    A very nice upgrade, very much like the iphone now except for the key calling and texting facility, but it does apear they have refocused the ipod to people who maybe dont want an iphone because of whatever reasn, but still want an ios device for ios specific apps and the security and stability of it all
    Another well thought out, well built and potentially top selling device

    The nano is a better shape i think, loosing the big screen before was a bad choise by apple, but this has fixed it, much nicer

    Never liked the shuffle tbh, still dont, its for joggers, not tech people

    The classic is unchanged because why change it, who needs more than 160gb really..

    The earpods are definatly different...no idea what theyll be like til i try em
    Lol

    Recently your posts seem able to cause me some amusement.

    1. When has the iPod Touch not been very much like the iphone except for calling and texting? (Plus a few other missing features like Calendar)

    2. Are you aware that iOS has been found to be less stable than Android? (All versions vs all versions) - source

    3. Who needs more than 160GB in a media player? Apple have been selling ipods with 160GB since 2007.. five years ago. If there was a need for 160GB back then, there certainly is a need for more than that now - people's music collections haven't stopped increasing, and 1.8" drives double that capacity have been out since at least 2010. It's just limiting a product for the sake of it, and while possibly it doesn't make business sense to release bigger capacities, claiming no-one needs/wants more than 160GB is just plain stupid.

  13. #13
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    • CCODEZ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair Arctic White DDR1600 9-9-9-24 1T @ 1876 10-10-10-24 1T
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Agility 3 120, Weston Digitals - 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX GeForce GTX 275 XXX Core Edition 675/1180
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty Modular 620w
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake XaserVI Red/Black with Window
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG - W2053TQ

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Quote Originally Posted by miniyazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ionicle View Post
    The classic is unchanged because why change it, who needs more than 160gb really..
    claiming no-one needs/wants more than 160GB is just plain stupid.
    Yea... because "640K ought to be enough for anybody" as it were...

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    183 times in 153 posts

    Re: News - Also last night - a colourful Apple iPod range refresh

    Quote Originally Posted by miniyazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ionicle View Post
    A very nice upgrade, very much like the iphone now except for the key calling and texting facility, but it does apear they have refocused the ipod to people who maybe dont want an iphone because of whatever reasn, but still want an ios device for ios specific apps and the security and stability of it all
    Another well thought out, well built and potentially top selling device

    The nano is a better shape i think, loosing the big screen before was a bad choise by apple, but this has fixed it, much nicer

    Never liked the shuffle tbh, still dont, its for joggers, not tech people

    The classic is unchanged because why change it, who needs more than 160gb really..

    The earpods are definatly different...no idea what theyll be like til i try em
    Lol

    Recently your posts seem able to cause me some amusement.

    1. When has the iPod Touch not been very much like the iphone except for calling and texting? (Plus a few other missing features like Calendar)

    2. Are you aware that iOS has been found to be less stable than Android? (All versions vs all versions) - source

    3. Who needs more than 160GB in a media player? Apple have been selling ipods with 160GB since 2007.. five years ago. If there was a need for 160GB back then, there certainly is a need for more than that now - people's music collections haven't stopped increasing, and 1.8" drives double that capacity have been out since at least 2010. It's just limiting a product for the sake of it, and while possibly it doesn't make business sense to release bigger capacities, claiming no-one needs/wants more than 160GB is just plain stupid.
    Apple know you better than you know yourself...
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •