Thread: News - Windows Blue gets first official mention

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Windows Blue gets first official mention

Updates will bring both under-the-hood and interface enhancements this summer.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - Windows Blue gets first official mention

So I suppose it's the Win8 SP1? I really want to go back to Win8 but each time I do one of the updates fatally corrupts the whole install, I gave up after the last time and haven't had time to go back and try again, there's quite a few similar stories on their support forumes, you'd think with a polarising OS like it is, they'd at least have it stable like Win7.

Thanks

Likewise Brasco, but with me it's the Store. On neither of my PCs can I access the Store. Fully legal and activated Windows 8, but whenever I try to download something through the Store nothing happens. It's improved since a week or 2 ago though, where the Store was just a blank white screen.

Still, it's probably a blessing in disguise. As it is, I've just removed all the pre-installed tiles and now just have icons for my most frequently used programs, and a link to the Start Menu folder containing other programs.

Registered+
    Thanks

While i really like what Micorsoft have done with pairing up a PC with the Windows phones, i think the store is a let down.
    They need to have a good look at this, when you start asking people to pay money for an app here and app there, its flawed. Personally I think they should ditch the store, and users look at the internet for what they want

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunders View Post
    Personally I think they should ditch the store, and users look at the internet for what they want
    When the iPhone was first launched, I scoffed at how silly it was users couldn't install applications by just googling and downloading the .cab file.

We'd had "apps" on symbian and windows mobile for years, hell even a decade, who where the iPhone buying morons who'd decided they didn't need 3rd party utils. Then the 'store' was born, micro transactions perswaded people to buy. Software devs did a volume business, selling tens of thousands of apps at 99cents, rather than a few hundread at 5 bucks.

So no, your very wrong, a store has been shown a great sales tool, it connects users with products they are willing to buy, which they weren't before.

MS need to pull their finger out and work on making the metro apps great. The mail app right now is a useless buggy peice of junk, the photo app too, which is really odd because how simple is showing an image!
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Super Nerd
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunders View Post
    While i really like what Micorsoft have done with pairing up a PC with the Windows phones, i think the store is a let down.
    They need to have a good look at this, when you start asking people to pay money for an app here and app there, its flawed. Personally I think they should ditch the store, and users look at the internet for what they want
    Except that most users aren't skilled enough to do that without getting virus infested on warez sites whilst hunting for cracks because they're too dumb to realise that its fair, reasonable and/or more secure to actually pay people for their work. The store is a very good thing for amateur devs and small companies. Why else do you think Apple's was accepted so readily despite the 30% cut they take?

Thread Information