Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News - iPhone and Android fans brawl at a wedding in the latest WinPho ad

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - iPhone and Android fans brawl at a wedding in the latest WinPho ad

Microsoft’s latest ad tries to get people interested in the underdog.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: News - iPhone and Android fans brawl at a wedding in the latest WinPho ad

Lol. i find it hilarious. but does apple and samsung approved this ad?

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

That really is a good advert, kudos to the marketing team for this! Would it help me switch? Not sure at all because ive always considered Windows since 6.5.5 on my HD2 but finding a device that is good and at a reasonable price is a really big issue, the lumia 800 while good wasnt worth the £500 it was, if they launched it below the price of say a Nexus 4 then it would have had my attention but it doesnt.

The new lumias are nice but I love my N4 now, im not so much an Apps guy but more of a productivity and Android suites me at the moment, when I retire the N4 I will consider WP again.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Registered+
    Thanks

Is it my imagination, or are the Apple users coming off worst in that ad?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapilynvraftr View Post
    but does apple and samsung approved this ad?
    Don't think they need to. MS aren't making comment on the phones, but the users

Plus, remember the Blackberry / Apple adds?

Corsair Air 540, Asus Prime X570-Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R9 3900X, Corsair HX 750, EVGA 1080 Ti, 2x Corsair 2TB MP600, 2x 2TB WD20EZRX, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Corsair 550D, Asus X470-Prime Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R7 2700, Corsair RM750i, Asus GTX780 Poseidon, 2x Sammy 500GB 970 EVO, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Synology DS918+ w/ 2xWDC Green 3TB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 6TB, N2200 w/ 2xSammy 1.5TB
    backup:
    Corsair 500R, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, Win 10 Pro, i5 4690, Corsair HX750i, Sapphire Fury X, 256GB Sammy SM951 M.2 (System), WD SE16 640GB, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100i

Thanks

Quite funny, but does anyone actually care? End of the day I swear by Android phones, but I've always been fair when suggesting phones for friends or family.

If they're not very technical I always say get an iPhone and they're over the moon, if they like their gadgets and like tweaking I say get an Android and what's your budget. So far I've had no experience with Windows Phone yet unfortunately, although from what I've read and seen they seem reasonably good for the price.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Love the ad. We need more humour !
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by YenRug View Post
    Is it my imagination, or are the Apple users coming off worst in that ad?
    Hmm, kind of, but it's the Android crowd that threw the first punch. And how did the Apple user that started the argument know that the dude taking the picture was using a Galaxy Note "phablet", not a tablet.

Kind of makes up for the woefully disappointing Samsung superbowl ad this year. Nice one Nokia/Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExceededGoku View Post
    If they're not very technical I always say get an iPhone and they're over the moon, if they like their gadgets and like tweaking I say get an Android and what's your budget. So far I've had no experience with Windows Phone yet unfortunately, although from what I've read and seen they seem reasonably good for the price.
    I've got a variant of that:
    If they are app magpies then it's got to be an iPhone;
    If they like Windows8 or just want something that "just works" then Windows Phone;
    If they're fussy about design - i.e. wanting plenty of choice - then it's Android.

I'm struck by the speed of Windows Phone - even on the hardware-limited devices that we're seeing at the moment, the UI is very snappy. And the lack of customisation options compared to Android (arguably) makes it easier for a newbie to get into. My wife (neo-luddite) is due to get a new phone soon, and before I would have invariably recommended iPhone, but honestly, I think the WP8 interface is just as easy to get into and smoother to boot.

Nip down your local phone shop and give a x20 series Lumia or an HTC 8S/8X a whirl, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by crossy; 30-04-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Registered+
    Thanks

I'd say they are all accessible platforms for the smartphone newcomer, probably WP and Iphone being the most so and Android allowing the most amount of customisation and user manipulation - the Iphone probably being at the opposite end of the scale. From what I've seen of WP it looks like a really simple and intuitive layout, I'd say more so than iOS but it does seem to be lacking in a few areas at the moment. Then again with where they are focussing their marketing these shortcomings might not actually be noticed by their target user.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Love the ad. We need more humour !
    Absolutely
    Jon

Thanks
    • Percy1983's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x + Cooler Master Nepton 140XL
      • Memory:
      • 64GB (4x16GB ) Corsair Vengence 3200mhz @ 3600mhz CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1tb SP US75 Boot + Fast 4tb SP XS70 + Slow Raid 0 4tb (2tbx2) with 100gb NVME cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56 8GB
      • PSU:
      • 875w Thermaltake Toughpower XT
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer UHD x2
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone

I will say I have been seduced by the windows phones, just waiting for my lumia 520 in the post.

On my front I don't want to spend a fortune on a phone to which I look at budget phones.

Apple... I said budget phone.
    Android... not bad but many on old versions of android and laggy.
    Windows... budget model is as slick as the top model in everyday use.

Thanks

Yawn. Says a lot when they're just lambasting their competitors users as opposed to showing us why a Windows phone is better.

The Windows phone users come off as way more smug than either Apple or Android there. It's a bit lost on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Registered+
    Thanks

I'll stick with Android thanks.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Yawn. Says a lot when they're just lambasting their competitors users as opposed to showing us why a Windows phone is better.
    That isn't their problem.

There problem is no one knows the brand, especially in the US. The why its better thing is meant to be the bit at the end, but also the device imagery itself, notice how nondescript the competition looks, bold static colours from the sales pitch.

They are merely trying to get something which launches the brand, would the add have worked if they turned round and said "the 920 has a better camera than any of your phones fools!". No!

It is an attempt to generate curiosity. As it stands most people I know complain about WP do so for the number of apps, not specific ones.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • Brewster0101's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus m5a99x evo
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600mghz
      • Storage:
      • Western Green 3TB + Samsung 850Evo 512MB SSD, + 2TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 280X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AXi760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" 27EA63 IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • 120Mb Bt

Quite interesting to see Microsoft is now backing Nokia with this advert and not HTC considering HTC was their pony on windows 8 launch...

Brilliant advert too, hope to actually see it on TV

Thanks

Have just switched to Windows from Android. Its a bit of a learning curve but so far i am pleased. Have a HTC Windows phone 8X switched from a HTC Wildfire which is still running an ancient earlier version which probably accounts for Windows being smoother and faster.
    The phone was £275 and at the moment Expansys are selling the Samsung Ativ S for £269.99 which i would have gone for had i not already got the HTC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information