Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,692
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,859 times in 635 posts

    News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Having pre-installed Microsoft Office and the option of a real keyboard helps.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Admin (Ret'd)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    18,481
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked
    3,208 times in 2,281 posts

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Just made the mistake of watching the advert. Will someone please pass the puke-bag?

  3. Received thanks from:

    CK_1985 (06-11-2013),Noxvayl (05-11-2013)

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife (Scotland)
    Posts
    4,991
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked
    220 times in 190 posts
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Naughty Microsoft. Keyboard is definitely "available" but it's also a darned expensive extra. And personally I still prefer Google Search to Bing - the latter is too much like hard work.

    And it's RT - how much, other than Office, can you run on that these days? (not poking fun, asking a question).

    Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

  5. #4
    Oh Crumbs.... Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    11,192
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    1,091 times in 833 posts
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Naughty Microsoft. Keyboard is definitely "available" but it's also a darned expensive extra. And personally I still prefer Google Search to Bing - the latter is too much like hard work.
    Drives me round the frigging bend that the new Microsoft Bing world is so heavily integrated into the OS. Same on windows mobile, i have a hardware search button that takes me to bing, no matter where i am and what im doing. Its not a search button, its a hardware bing button... that i never ever deliberately use.
    I dont care how good they think bing is, i use Google, im used to Google and i know how to get what i want from Google.

  6. Received thanks from:

    McEwin (05-11-2013)

  7. #5
    Cog
    Cog is offline
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Same on windows mobile, i have a hardware search button that takes me to bing, no matter where i am and what im doing. Its not a search button, its a hardware bing button... that i never ever deliberately use.
    I dont care how good they think bing is, i use Google, im used to Google and i know how to get what i want from Google.
    Sounds like the Bing button is going to become the new windows button.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife (Scotland)
    Posts
    4,991
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked
    220 times in 190 posts
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Sounds like the Bing button is going to become the new windows button.
    If you're talking about the Windows button on my keyboard then I like it - it's useful!

    No sign of any way to deBing that hardware search button, but you can change the default search engine in WP8's browser.

    Although I suppose there's folks who'd like to use Bing as the default search engine on their Android phones. Think this is possible, but not sure how easy it would be. Not that I'm wanting to do that.

    Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

  9. #7
    Super Nerd
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    105 times in 72 posts

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Same on windows mobile, i have a hardware search button that takes me to bing, no matter where i am and what im doing. Its not a search button, its a hardware bing button... that i never ever deliberately use.
    I dont care how good they think bing is, i use Google, im used to Google and i know how to get what i want from Google.
    Sounds like the Bing button is going to become the new windows button.
    Just for hilarity it needs to make a microwave style "bing" noise when pressed. That you cannot disable.

  10. #8
    Ninja Noxvayl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    2,451
    Thanks
    748
    Thanked
    215 times in 173 posts
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

    Re: News - Microsoft’s new Surface 2 advert concentrates on “real work”

    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Just made the mistake of watching the advert. Will someone please pass the puke-bag?
    I didn't plan on watching any of the linked video's but I definitely won't now.

    Having said that it seems like the news article is essentially the advert in written form.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •