Thread: News - Sony sells a million PS4s within first 24 hrs in North America

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Sony sells a million PS4s within first 24 hrs in North America

But how common is ‘the blue light of death’ with new owners?
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - Sony sells a million PS4s within first 24 hrs in North America

It's sabotage I tell thee!
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    I don't think it's sabotage. It's another lie that Sony tells so their monkey fan boys defend the **** up which is PS4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardware_Elite View Post
    I don't think it's sabotage. It's another lie that Sony tells so their monkey fan boys defend the **** up which is PS4.
    So i take it you will be buying a media center then? sorry i mean and xbox one??
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardware_Elite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    Neowin-chinese source in article implies there is an element of 'sabotage' by unhappy workers... I wouldn't be surprised if the workers are doing a shoddy job, it's not like 'made in China' products have a bad rep or anything lol

Not that I agree with their working conditions or anything but sadly in big business most of the companies ignore the 'lower level' workers.

Thanks

I thought (still think) it was strange that Japan is getting the PS4 so much later than the West, especially considering that it is the market it is likely to be the most successful. Still, if the delay result in a problem free launch with more games, then I guess the market here will overlook it. If the same issues remains, it's not going to look good.

Thanks

I feel bad for those who got a lemon PS4. Imagine that you've been waiting for yours for weeks and their excitement of finally getting one. Then when you're about to play, you found out it's not working. Poor gamer.

Thanks

I'm not sure about anyone else, but these days I only expect product "perfection" from Apple, and that's because there's so much margin on their kit that they can afford to do proper QA to overcome the weaknesses introduces by the questionable Chinese production practices we all turn a blind eye to. Anything else I buy is a gamble, whether it's a cheap USB hub or, as in this case, a console sold at a loss to kickstart the market.

That's not to excuse widespread failures *if* that proves to be the case; it's so hard to tell in the internet age where every complaint can be discovered and tracked via Google. But warranties cover us very well in the EU, and at least Sony have created a rather elegant failure mode. :-)

I shall, however, be miffed if I get to stare at a blue line rather than a zillion Resogun voxels. But early adopting is always a hobby with risks, and tech support during big launches can be iffy no matter which product we're talking about. That's one reason I bought from a supermarket; their customer service is very good.

Thanks

Thats alright, a few bad pieces will be there considering the the amount of pieces being shipped.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McP View Post
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but these days I only expect product "perfection" from Apple, and that's because there's so much margin on their kit that they can afford to do proper QA
    As a former UK launch day iPhone 4 owner. LOL.

Seriously, I've never owned any piece of kit so defective. Screen tinted very slightly yellow, touch the phone to pick it up and call dropped.

Launch day MS Surface 2, flawless, Nokia 920/800 flawless.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    Seriously, I've never owned any piece of kit so defective.
    I wasn't implying Apple are perfect, hence the quotation marks, and I'm certainly no Apple fanboy (quite the opposite even though I caved in and bought an iPad). But when you pay premium prices you should expect -- and usually receive, to be fair to them -- a premium product.

The same goes for MS's equally overpriced Surface line, and Nokia have always made good hardware; they just shot themselves in the foot with their own software. But I still use a Nokia 5800 as my main phone. If they ever make an Android device (yes, I know!) I'll definitely buy it.

Anyway, whoever makes an electronic device, buying at launch is always a gamble. But sometimes it can still be entertaining... as a million North Americans are finding out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McP View Post
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but these days I only expect product "perfection" from Apple, and that's because there's so much margin on their kit that they can afford to do proper QA to overcome the weaknesses introduces by the questionable Chinese production practices we all turn a blind eye to. Anything else I buy is a gamble, whether it's a cheap USB hub or, as in this case, a console sold at a loss to kickstart the market.

That's not to excuse widespread failures *if* that proves to be the case; it's so hard to tell in the internet age where every complaint can be discovered and tracked via Google. But warranties cover us very well in the EU, and at least Sony have created a rather elegant failure mode. :-)

I shall, however, be miffed if I get to stare at a blue line rather than a zillion Resogun voxels. But early adopting is always a hobby with risks, and tech support during big launches can be iffy no matter which product we're talking about. That's one reason I bought from a supermarket; their customer service is very good.
    Your having a Giraffe mate.

My iPhone 4S was a train wreck of a phone that didn't work with basic routers. If you bothered to check their forums their products are littered with problems, they just know how to keep a lot of things quiet.

What about 'bumpgate' and also all the poor quality parts in the iPhone 5 covers...

I think you have rose tinted glasses on.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

i come here and i see one or two typical fanboy childish posts i expect from ign forums?

god help us all

Thread Information