We continue our SLI coverage now, with a look at how a pair NVIDIA's GeForce 6800GT perform. If you haven't read our introduction to SLI, then I suggest you read it now - it's got a look at how it works, along with benchmarks using a pair of 6800 Ultras.

As much as I'm sure many of you desire it, a pair of 6800 Ultras is going to set you back a fair amount. However, if a pair of 6800GT's can still pack a punch, then maybe that's the better path to take?

When thinking about SLI, think about your entire platform, especially when you're considering it as an upgrade path. I'll cover all of that in more detail in due course, but if SLI is definitely something you want to persue, the key price points of your CPU and mainboard choice are arguably of higher priority than the graphics cards you'll be choosing, to help you get the most out of the technology as an upgrade platform.

Issues surround NVIDIA's SLI certification program, but on the whole, a pair of 6800 GTs in my mind are something well worth considering if you've got the money, or at least the money for a nice platform and a single board in the near future.
Read it here.