• deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone

Re: News - BT confesses it's far behind original fibre broadband target

Quote Originally Posted by tigertop1 View Post
    I am fed up with BT failing to keep my community in FIFE updated on Superfast broadband progress. Using their website is like kicking a jelly as it simply rolls you back to where you started with a query. Try a direct approach and you get a pre-digested statement that tells you less than the little you already know. BT vans come and go at the local exchange and vague promises about 'By Christmas-maybe'-are bandied about. I am now left wondering if they mean end 2015. High time somebody got a real grip on progress reports and customers were told what is actually happening -or not - in their communities.
    I agree.

I am in Fife too and my village is enabled but my cabinet is not for some reason ( don't know why as its only a few years old ). There is no way to query why its not been fixed yet. The council say its with Openreach and we all know how useless they are.

I check it every few days and nothing changes . what was it Vass said in Far Cry 3. The definition if insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the outcome to be different.

I must be stark raving bonkers.
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

Thanks

BT are full of bs - My whole village got FTTC 2 years ago, yet in the very street where I live there is no fibre despite a succesful trial of FTTP. i would really like to know what is honestly going on, but BT never gives stright answers - execution of the slimy, lying pieces of crap is the only answer I'm afraid.

Thanks

I don't believe with all this tech: in the 21centuary we can not get a decent
    wireless connection
    Oh how I would like to tell BT where to go with there phone line were the sun does not shine!
    some company could make a fortune if the brought out a decent wireless service for the whole country just think no more line rental
    Tom G

Registered+
    Thanks

It's ridiculous that most people are still struggling along on poor quality local loop ADSL broadband connections and loads more people can't even get that. Should be a legal requirement that BT gets fibre infrastructure to every home in the country and then you should be able to have any ISP you want on that infrastructure. Somehow we always manage to take the slow road when it comes to infrastructure investing in this country.

Registered+
    Thanks

By the time this process runs its course we will have quantum pairing communications, half your optical comms card will be in your PC, the other in a host in the web. No cables ore wireless will be required. (Scientists Demonstrate Three-Way Quantum Communication: What's Faster Than The Speed Of Light? Ben Woolford, International Science Times)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information