Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed: Rogue to be first PC game with eye tracking

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Assassin's Creed: Rogue to be first PC game with eye tracking

PC specs and release date confirmed. You can get a free AC title if you pre-order via Uplay.
    Read more.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Re: Assassin's Creed: Rogue to be first PC game with eye tracking

Flog that dead horse!

If the previous games are anything to go by, this one will never work. Seems they just get buggier with each new release.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks

€199.99 to buy the eye tracker coz I can see them throwing that in for free with the game. I used to love assassins creed but they really have just flogged it to death now.

Thanks

http://www.edtracker.org.uk/ £28 roughly and it works with many many more games. The eye tracker will induce motion sickness.

Thanks
    • MrRockliffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z270i Strix
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 500GB 850 Evo, 500GB 860 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 1070 Ti Gaming
      • PSU:
      • 550W Supernova G2
      • Case:
      • NZXT H200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q
      • Internet:
      • Hyperoptic 150Mb

Anyone stupid enough to pre order this game doesn't deserve to play games.

I wouldn't pre order this even if Ubisoft gave me every game on uPlay.
    XBOX Live - Sheep Sardine | Origin - MrRockliffe | Steam - MrRockliffe |

Add me

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

The resulting so called "infinite screen" experience will have the game's character look at the same place on the screen as the player, panning the camera in the same direction to accommodate the exploration of his visual territory. It will also automatically pause and resume the game if the player looks away from the screen, and then back again.
    I read that bit and remembered this:
    For years radios had been operated by means of pressing buttons and turning dials; then as the technology became more sophisticated the controls were made touch-sensitive--you merely had to brush the panels with your fingers; now all you had to do was wave your hand in the general direction of the components and hope. It saved a lot of muscular expenditure, of course, but meant that you had to sit infuriatingly still if you wanted to keep listening to the same program.
    Taken from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... Douglas Adams, you are sorely missed!

This sounds like a pretty needless gimmick to me, and surely if they want that kind of "VR experience" then it'd be better with Occulus Rift or one of those proper headsets.

We do this, not because it is useful, but merely because we can.

Personally, I'd trade visual quackery like this for a game that was stable and playable - but I guess those attributes don't win you column inches in reviews nor shop shelf space.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

7. Received thanks from:

KeyboardDemon (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    • Brian224's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 SSD 120GB, Seagate 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX760 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 650W EZCool Silent
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 230T
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x Acer G226HQLBbd
      • Internet:
      • 30 Mb cable (Virgin Media)

As somebody who couldn't get an EOS SLR to focus correctly, I think I would give this a miss. Personally I would rather have support for 3*1080P monitors in which case I wouldn't need it anyway.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

I'll take a look at this once people have had their hands on the PC port. The game itself atleast tries to vary itself slightly taking the opposite perspective and it fits in between AC4 and Unity but those specs concern me. It's a last gen port but even so those specs look particularly low. That means they either optimised it or it will be a barebones port, 3 guesses which one it is when its ubisoft.

ZaO

What...... Another Assassin's Creed game already!? When did the last one come out!? It feels like it was only a few months ago... They need to stop milking this series so much. Just spend a bit longer and give us a high quality, finished product. Are they going for two a year now? Don't they relise it'll lose its appeal if they release them too often.. Oh wait, too late for that. What used to be genuine excitement in the wait for the release of a new addition to the series, has now turned into wondering how many months after release you should buy it so that it actually works.. There are other games to play as well. No one can play everything. No point releasing so much. These fat suit publishers are blinded by the $ signs in their eyes. Watch Ubisoft go to the verge of bankruptcy if they keep this up for another year or two...

And look at those PC requirements btw. They're having a F'ing laugh lol....

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

Ye, Rogue was a simultaneous release with unity, unity being next gen and rogue being last-gen. Same thing as they did with AC4 and liberations really. Its not surprising though, images of the next AC game set in London were leaked very shortly after the release of Unity, even the fans of the games were asking Ubi to take a break.

If they actually made much change to the games releasing so often might be slightly more acceptable but releasing the same thing every year is quickly killing off what was initially a fun series if you ask me. I may pick up Rogue if its a good port simply because it takes a different approach to the storyline which could be interesting, at this point between the port and what appears to be more boring gameplay I probably wont play Unity though.

Thanks

As someone who is autistic this would be awful, autistic people don't look at things the same way as a neurotypical person... That's going to be a serious issue in the long term if they see this as an alternative to a mouse and keyboard!

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by jag272 View Post
    Ye, Rogue was a simultaneous release with unity, unity being next gen and rogue being last-gen. Same thing as they did with AC4 and liberations really. Its not surprising though, images of the next AC game set in London were leaked very shortly after the release of Unity, even the fans of the games were asking Ubi to take a break.

If they actually made much change to the games releasing so often might be slightly more acceptable but releasing the same thing every year is quickly killing off what was initially a fun series if you ask me. I may pick up Rogue if its a good port simply because it takes a different approach to the storyline which could be interesting, at this point between the port and what appears to be more boring gameplay I probably wont play Unity though.
    Ah it's that one they released at the same time as Unity. But yeh, I feel the same. I hate how this is becoming the norm. At least Metal Gear Solid hasn't fallen to this. Not the main games anyway (I never paid much attention to the other releases). Every new Metal Gear game is mind blowing and well worth the years of waiting. I don't ever recall experiencing serious problems with any Metal Gear game either. I can't even think of minor problems with any of them actually..

Couldn't Ubisoft rake in just as much cash if they put out a really polished and upgraded Assassin's Creed game every two years instead of this? The thing that worries me about the modern gaming industry, is that it might just be more profitable to do it the way they're doing it. I'm just not sure whether we're still an experimentational stage, or whether it's already a tried and tested, proven way of doing things. Either way, it's sad to see the passion for games going out the window, and instead focusing on monetizing to the max

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    What...... Another Assassin's Creed game already!? When did the last one come out!? It feels like it was only a few months ago... They need to stop milking this series so much. Just spend a bit longer and give us a high quality, finished product. Are they going for two a year now? Don't they relise it'll lose its appeal if they release them too often.. Oh wait, too late for that. What used to be genuine excitement in the wait for the release of a new addition to the series, has now turned into wondering how many months after release you should buy it so that it actually works.. There are other games to play as well. No one can play everything. No point releasing so much. These fat suit publishers are blinded by the $ signs in their eyes. Watch Ubisoft go to the verge of bankruptcy if they keep this up for another year or two...

And look at those PC requirements btw. They're having a F'ing laugh lol....
    Yup, they are milking the series.
    None of the assassins after Altair or Ezio are even worth mentioning. What is the point of a different assassin every year ?
    Oh, they also released AC China as well alongwith this game and Unity!

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    None of the assassins after Altair or Ezio are even worth mentioning. What is the point of a different assassin every year ?
    I wouldn't even mind a new Assassin every year if there was a storyline tying them together, but they don't even have that. They've *literally* lost the plot ever since they killed off Desmond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

ZaO

Black Flag was good though wasn't it guys? It had some optimisation problems on pc, and it wasn't quite open world in the way it appeared to be. It was just, sail your ship here and explore this small area, then do the same again. But still, I thought that was an amazing game. The ship combat was so much fun. Anyway, it's just one of those series' where you no longer buy each new game anymore (not that I did with this anyway). Just wait for plenty of unbiased reviews to come out, wait for patches, then buy at discount the ones that look the best.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by aidanjt View Post
    I wouldn't even mind a new Assassin every year if there was a storyline tying them together, but they don't even have that. They've *literally* lost the plot ever since they killed off Desmond.
    Oh what, you could have at least put up a "spoiler alert" for us still tracking through the earlier ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    Black Flag was good though wasn't it guys? It had some optimisation problems on pc, and it wasn't quite open world in the way it appeared to be. It was just, sail your ship here and explore this small area, then do the same again. But still, I thought that was an amazing game. The ship combat was so much fun. Anyway, it's just one of those series' where you no longer buy each new game anymore (not that I did with this anyway). Just wait for plenty of unbiased reviews to come out, wait for patches, then buy at discount the ones that look the best.
    I'll have to take your word for that - I get 5-10 minutes into a sea combat and then the game freezes. Damned shame because it looked pretty good on the whole, as in I think I must have played through a lot more than I did with that US-based travesty.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information