Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Flicker free and colour accurate display married to flexible stand, all common ports.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ulti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,050
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked
    230 times in 195 posts
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Isn't this pretty much the same as the Dell panel which hovers around the £250 mark? Why would anyone pay extra for this monitor? (Genuine question).

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    114 times in 102 posts

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Isn't this pretty much the same as the Dell panel which hovers around the £250 mark? Why would anyone pay extra for this monitor? (Genuine question).
    Probably the same panel although there are two types of IPS, one being a mainstream version and one being the 'professional' grade one.

    The dell is using an AH IPS panel so IF the aoc is using a pro panel then that would be worth the extra.

    Personally if I was buying a new monitor now I'd be getting a 4k over a QHD, you can get the dell 24" (you'll not really notice 1 inch) P2415Q for around £350.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ulti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,050
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked
    230 times in 195 posts
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    Probably the same panel although there are two types of IPS, one being a mainstream version and one being the 'professional' grade one.

    The dell is using an AH IPS panel so IF the aoc is using a pro panel then that would be worth the extra.

    Personally if I was buying a new monitor now I'd be getting a 4k over a QHD, you can get the dell 24" (you'll not really notice 1 inch) P2415Q for around £350.
    Ah fair enough, I naturally assumed the Ultrasharp series from Dell were "pro" panels.

    I still think QHD is the sweet spot, on a 27" monitor at least. That way everything is still razor sharp and you don't have to worry about scaling.

  5. #5
    Super Nerd
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    105 times in 72 posts

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    I still think QHD is the sweet spot, on a 27" monitor at least. That way everything is still razor sharp and you don't have to worry about scaling.
    +1 to that, I find 1920x1080 is only *OK* up to 24", anything past that I'd want 2560x1440.

    2560x1440 is also great resolution for gaming with an upper mid-range card, i.e. GTX 970.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    114 times in 102 posts

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Ah fair enough, I naturally assumed the Ultrasharp series from Dell were "pro" panels.

    I still think QHD is the sweet spot, on a 27" monitor at least. That way everything is still razor sharp and you don't have to worry about scaling.
    it's more to do with the panels colour quality etc, the pro ones have a wider gamut and in some cases accuracy etc. Honestly in 90% of cases you won't notice it and I work in design lol

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    8 times in 6 posts
    • tribaljet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel HM65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-2820QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Transcend DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • 1TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Intel HD 3000 + Nvidia Geforce GT 555M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64bits

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    Quote Originally Posted by kingpotnoodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    I still think QHD is the sweet spot, on a 27" monitor at least. That way everything is still razor sharp and you don't have to worry about scaling.
    +1 to that, I find 1920x1080 is only *OK* up to 24", anything past that I'd want 2560x1440.

    2560x1440 is also great resolution for gaming with an upper mid-range card, i.e. GTX 970.
    Honestly, I find that the GTX 970 excels in 1080p, whereas 1440p requires a bit more grunt. After all, even a GTX 980 can struggle with keeping rock solid 60fps at 1440p with maxed settings in (some) modern games.

  8. #8
    spl
    spl is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    8 times in 8 posts

    Re: AOC 25-inch Q2577PWQ QHD IPS display is aimed at professionals

    +1 to tribaljet. Infact the GTX980 will even fail to deliver 30fps at 1080p in the grassy areas of GTA5 (check out the HardOCP review - unlike Techspot etc they benchmarked the more demanding areas with actual gameplay instead of using the canned benchmark in the menus). You can max AC Unity at 1080p with it (though not at 60fps) but at 1440p it can struggle too. If you want to max settings on every single game you play (not even counting multisampling) and not drop below 30fps then you can't exceed 1080p (or 1200p if you want) without going multi-GPU.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •