Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,776
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,936 times in 678 posts

    AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Will The Force be with AMD Radeon and AMD Fury graphics cards on 16th June?
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MrRockliffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked
    126 times in 107 posts
    • MrRockliffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z270i Strix
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 500GB 850 Evo, 500GB 860 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 1070 Ti Gaming
      • PSU:
      • 550W Supernova G2
      • Case:
      • NZXT H200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q
      • Internet:
      • Hyperoptic 150Mb

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Going Spanish on us Hexus?

    "Star Wars Battlefront will be provided gratis to buyers of the higher end AMD cards according to the reporter's sources."

    I think you mean free
    XBOX Live - Sheep Sardine | Origin - MrRockliffe | Steam - MrRockliffe |

    Add me

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRockliffe View Post
    Going Spanish on us Hexus?

    "Star Wars Battlefront will be provided gratis to buyers of the higher end AMD cards according to the reporter's sources."

    I think you mean free
    The Latin word "gratis" has been used in English since at least the middle 15th century (according to EtymOnline). So the author is right, though you may say it is needless Latin.

  4. Received thanks from:

    MrRockliffe (10-06-2015)

  5. #4
    Senior Member MrRockliffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked
    126 times in 107 posts
    • MrRockliffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z270i Strix
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 500GB 850 Evo, 500GB 860 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 1070 Ti Gaming
      • PSU:
      • 550W Supernova G2
      • Case:
      • NZXT H200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q
      • Internet:
      • Hyperoptic 150Mb

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Quote Originally Posted by gdansk View Post
    The Latin word "gratis" has been used in English since at least the middle 15th century (according to EtymOnline). So the author is right, though you may say it is needless Latin.
    I've never seen it used in an English sentence before :O As soon as I saw it, I assumed the writer went into spanglish mode for a moment.
    XBOX Live - Sheep Sardine | Origin - MrRockliffe | Steam - MrRockliffe |

    Add me

  6. #5
    evs
    evs is offline
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    I think you definitely need the force (or just luck) if you buy a first tranche of a new generation and hope it all goes swimmingly...

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRockliffe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gdansk View Post
    The Latin word "gratis" has been used in English since at least the middle 15th century (according to EtymOnline). So the author is right, though you may say it is needless Latin.
    I've never seen it used in an English sentence before :O As soon as I saw it, I assumed the writer went into spanglish mode for a moment.
    It's used in most western languages.
    It is widely used in the Afrikaans, Slovakia, Czech, Hungarian, Croatian, Serbian, Polish, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Indonesian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, German and some of the other Germanic languages, with the same meaning.

  8. #7
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    10,719
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    1,152 times in 978 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 1TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 30 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Quote Originally Posted by evs View Post
    I think you definitely need the force (or just luck) if you buy a first tranche of a new generation and hope it all goes swimmingly...
    But just about every card these days is first generation of *something*!

    I suppose you could wait 6 months after a card is introduced before deciding to buy it, but that isn't long enough to shake out things like bumpgate.

  9. #8
    Previously known as Wozza365
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    18 times in 17 posts
    • Wozza63's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX 8150 @4.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Intel 120GB SSD, 4TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX850
      • Case:
      • Akasa Venom Toxic
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XG270HU + Iiyama E2473HDS x2

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRockliffe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gdansk View Post
    The Latin word "gratis" has been used in English since at least the middle 15th century (according to EtymOnline). So the author is right, though you may say it is needless Latin.
    I've never seen it used in an English sentence before :O As soon as I saw it, I assumed the writer went into spanglish mode for a moment.
    It's used in most western languages.
    It is widely used in the Afrikaans, Slovakia, Czech, Hungarian, Croatian, Serbian, Polish, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Indonesian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, German and some of the other Germanic languages, with the same meaning.
    Hello Mr. Wikipedia.

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    Any news on wither or not this is true?

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    39 times in 38 posts

    Re: AMD tipped to bundle Star Wars Battlefront with new Radeons

    It's only been 4 days but it would be good to get some confirmation with the upcoming R9 380X.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •