Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    Snapdragon 820 features, performance, battery life and thermals appeal to smartphone makers.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    31,032
    Thanks
    1,871
    Thanked
    3,385 times in 2,722 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

    Re: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    And the majority of high-end smartphones in 2015 and 2014 had what inside?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ATLANTIS
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    28 times in 26 posts

    Re: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    Competition is good, this is a bad news for intel, many are replacing PC/MAC with smart tablets and phones. ANDROID is a game changer.

  4. #4
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    12,993
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked
    1,591 times in 1,346 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

    Re: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by lumireleon View Post
    Competition is good, this is a bad news for intel, many are replacing PC/MAC with smart tablets and phones. ANDROID is a game changer.
    More supplementing than replacing I think.

    I don't know anyone who has given up a desktop or laptop for a tablet or phone, they have them as well.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ATLANTIS
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    28 times in 26 posts

    Re: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lumireleon View Post
    Competition is good, this is a bad news for intel, many are replacing PC/MAC with smart tablets and phones. ANDROID is a game changer.
    More supplementing than replacing I think.

    I don't know anyone who has given up a desktop or laptop for a tablet or phone, they have them as well.
    A few years ago someone would buy a PC/MAC for internet connectivity, gaming and office tasks but since mobile phones and tablets got faster many are opting for the tablet option because they are simply light to carry yet powerful engough like a celeron powered 15inch laptop. I have many friends who got tired of laptops/desktops nowadays I just see tablets, very light but inside there is a beefy Qualcomm CPU. Intel has tried the best to enter the smart phone division but I have seen very few of them just because they are late in the game! still shocked? Qualcomm and ARM are entering the server market.

  6. #6
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    12,993
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked
    1,591 times in 1,346 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

    Re: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by lumireleon View Post
    A few years ago someone would buy a PC/MAC for internet connectivity, gaming and office tasks but since mobile phones and tablets got faster many are opting for the tablet option because they are simply light to carry yet powerful engough like a celeron powered 15inch laptop. I have many friends who got tired of laptops/desktops nowadays I just see tablets, very light but inside there is a beefy Qualcomm CPU. Intel has tried the best to enter the smart phone division but I have seen very few of them just because they are late in the game! still shocked? Qualcomm and ARM are entering the server market.
    Of those tasks, light internet connectivity (browsing) is all tablets are really good at though. Intel suck in tablets though, unless you live somewhere cold so the heat is useful and you don't care much about battery life.

    ARM *would like* to enter the server market, so far they aren't doing all that well. That may change with the next generation though, a bunch of A72 cores is very useful.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    183 times in 153 posts

    Re: Majority of high-end smartphones to have Qualcomm inside in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lumireleon View Post
    Competition is good, this is a bad news for intel, many are replacing PC/MAC with smart tablets and phones. ANDROID is a game changer.
    More supplementing than replacing I think.

    I don't know anyone who has given up a desktop or laptop for a tablet or phone, they have them as well.
    I know loads....if fact loads of people are replacing them with tablets and phones perhaps you're more of a power user?
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •