Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad Pro outsold entire Surface line last quarter says IDC

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Apple iPad Pro outsold entire Surface line last quarter says IDC

2 million iPad Pros sold, 1.6 million units of the entire Microsoft Surface range sold, in Q4 2015.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Re: Apple iPad Pro outsold entire Surface line last quarter says IDC

Hmm, I've been reading that a lot of folks (?) were holding off on buying a Surface because they were waiting to see what the '4 would bring.

If IDC are saying that performance is more importance to the buying decision than price then I've got to assume that these iPad Pro's are being bought by companies and those with particular iOS applications (in house?) in mind.

Interesting also to see that a lot of "convertables" (laptops with detachable keyboards) are being pushed as "tablets" - presumably to climb on the bandwagon.

As to the Android devices, it seems to be a pretty mixed bag to me, certainly I've heard lots of complaints that external keyboard support is a bit hit and miss. My old Asus TF101 was pretty solid in this regard, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see how usable my Lenovo Yoga2 (Android Lollipop) was "out of the box" with a Logitech K400+ - just plugged in the Unifying receiver and was able to use keyboard and trackpad as if it was a laptop. Makes me think that perhaps Microsoft are onto something with the push for Office on Android and iOS.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's showing that the Surface 3, that is the non pro, isn't popular.

The 4 pro is out of stock in the good configs in the few retailers that carry it. They haven't made half the push that the iPad has and it's frankly unlikely to be an xmas gift in the same way, due to the large cost.

The other thing is the 4 pro was launched in the previous quarter too, so it's clear they can't make the supply for the demand.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    I think it's showing that the Surface 3, that is the non pro, isn't popular.
    I'd argue it's more a case of being severely overpriced. When you compare it to say a hp pavillion x2 or asus t100 range which are £200-250 for what is in all intense purposes the same spec it would cost twice the price when you add in the cost of the keyboard that the others include. Yes it has stylus support and a metal chassis but it won't perform any better than the devices that cost half the price. At it's list price it competes with better spec'd products from the likes of HP and Asus.

Then there's the small gap to the low end surface pro which is better in all regards and includes the stylus.

As to iPad selling more than MS.... lets see I've seen no end of 'pro apple' articles on the web at the moment due to their lower than expected accounts, I've seen adverts for the iPad Pro and arguably in places that sell it they put more emphasis in selling it. Perfect example is PC world, MS Surface stuck in corner, Apple products front and centre taking up almost as much space as their ENTIRE windows range, even with most of them being the same item in different colours when windows items get a little label saying it's available in this colour too.

I haven't seen any MS adverts of late (stupid move from them in my opinion) but they also don't get the same 'free advertising' that Apple gets, which I'm sure if they did they'd be selling as much if not more products.

It could also be stock issues like mentioned because maybe they don't want the same write off they had with the surface pro 1...

Banned
    Thanks

Apple has a good reputation but has made mistakes.
    MS is like a semi reformed rapist who forced you to have sex in their dungeon for 20 years but is now trying to regain your trust while still occasionally slipping you a length.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abaxas View Post
    MS is like a semi reformed rapist who forced you to have sex in their dungeon for 20 years but is now trying to regain your trust while still occasionally slipping you a length.
    You do have a way with words....
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Classic statement that hits the nail square on the head... LMFAO!

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Apple has a good reputation but is ike a semi reformed rapist who forced you to have sex in their dungeon for 20 years and hired a good PR firm to make sure you forget what they did to you,so you end up having Stockholm syndrome instead of hating them.
    MS is like another semi reformed rapist who forced you to have sex in their dungeon for 20 years but is now trying to regain your trust while still occasionally slipping you a length,but got a bungling lawyer instead and is now got a longer sentence than if they had not bothered.
    FTFY. "None" are any better than the other. Look to the 80s and see why!
    Last edited by peterb; 03-02-2016 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Emboldened additions to original quote for clarity

9. Received thanks from:

mikerr (05-02-2016)

Tekkul88

Does anyone own an Ipad pro? Seems such a cumbersome size for a tablet and it can't compete with a surface pro in terms of productivity or being used as a laptop.

Registered+
    Thanks

2 million people according to the OP

Thanks

I trust more apple than microsoft ... i used both before microsoft products are way expensive it's not worth it. quality are also not last long my surface the black aluminium paint comes off.. getting so slow.. it is to do with os. as well. not worth it. apple has only one problem not compatible with most software out there. microsoft is money sucking machine which will kill you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soehtet View Post
    I trust more apple than microsoft ... i used both before microsoft products are way expensive it's not worth it. quality are also not last long my surface the black aluminium paint comes off.. getting so slow.. it is to do with os. as well. not worth it. apple has only one problem not compatible with most software out there. microsoft is money sucking machine which will kill you
    have you confused Apple and microsoft sir?

I do have s pro 3, and while i got it, it was similar prize as the macbook pro. Both had similar hardware, but s pro 3 just was perfect combination of pen/touch/laptop form me. It just can do more.

overpriced? yes, both are.
    useful? surface is, ipad ...?

Thanks

Company makes a phone...sells alot.....makes a "new" phone that has EXACTLY the same software and ui...... repeats to 6s......

Oh wait lets make a tablet thats EXACTLY the same as our phones except bigger and without the capability of making phonecalls......

Ohhh those 2 in 1 tablet computers look good... ohh look microsoft make a phone OS and a computer OS.... they make the tablet worthwhile by using a full version of their operating system....

OHH WAIT LETS MAKE AND EVEN BIGGER TABLET, USER CRAPPY SOFTWARE THAT HAS NO BENEFIT OR CHANGE FROM THE ORIGINAL PHONE WE MADE AND SELL IT FOR LOTS OF MONEY TO UNKNOWING PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW <admin edit> anything ABOUT ANYTHING........

Sorry Apple.... noo.... just stop it !!!! You could have "at least" used a watered down version of one of your so called " desktop operating systems " rather than creating an oversized iphone that you cant ring off......

Rant over....

<admin edit>

By admin (from my iPad ) . Please re-read the FAQs about posting.

Thanks

P.S ... I would rather use a pentium 1 cpu, 64mb of RAM, attempt to cool the CPU with my own piss whilst it was running on Windows ME without any sort of antivirus using an un-formatted copy of Jimmy Savilles hard drive whilst living next to a Police Pervert Snatchers Unit.

Banned
    Thanks

There may be trouble ahead..... do be doo do doo

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

AJMCurse welcome to HEXUS. I look forward to more of your posts, but preferably more coherently written and with due regard to the HEXUS guidlines...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information