• Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

Re: Acer announces the Predator Z850 gaming projector

Quote Originally Posted by zaph0d View Post
    Please tell me you guys checked the local date/time for acerHQ before posting this?
    Acer are Taiwan, GMT+8 so 7 hours ahead of us currently. That puts this post up at 8pm Acer time, not to mention it takes time for these much more fleshed out articles to be written, prepared and edited. This one is no april fools.

Thanks

hehe I will spend 5000 on a Pascal GPU plus a serious 32 inch 4k monitor, gamers don't need 102inch they need something of a comfortable size with brilliant color quality.

Thanks

Gaming on a projector is fun. It may not be the choice if you are going to be a competitive gamer, but I am long past the days where I would sacrifice eye candy for more FPS in an attempt to gain an edge in gaming. Maybe VR will be the future for immersion (yet to try them so can't comment), but I definitely loved the immersion I had on my projector over a 24" LCD.

That said, I am not the slightliest interested in this projector. It's a pretty non-standard resolution for gaming, and even worse for movies. It this price (the price of an upper or at least upper-mid range consumer projector), I'd expect the projector to be also pretty good for movies too. Not many people have projectors, and even fewer have more than one projector even more so if it is something in this price range.

Now I admit that not needing a stand/mount is handy for those of us living in rented properties, and not needing very far from the wall is definitely a nice feature too. But use a standard resolution if you are planning to charge $5000 for it Acer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information