Thread: Global games industry generated $91bn in 2016

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Global games industry generated $91bn in 2016

PC Gaming was the second biggest market segment earning $35.8bn in 2016 so far.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Global games industry generated $91bn in 2016

GOODBYE CONSOLES! I'll consider that a cherry on top of my christmas! Can't wait for Vulkan to make windows useless next. Once games get over on android massively (and linux, all ARM stuff etc), the PRO apps will follow onto ARM PC like boxes complete with discrete gpu's, HDD/SDD, gobs of memory etc. I can't wait for my first NON-WINTEL PC box. Of course you can already buy one now, but it just doesn't have all the stuff I want yet (games mostly, some apps missing).

Xmas wish list? : NV/Valve working on STEAMOS for ARM and for google to make a FULL PC like OS out of android. Google seems to be heading their adding stuff with each rev, and surely Valve wants all their library on ARM to sell to 2B units a year at some point. I want a linux/SteamOS/Android triboot PC with discrete gpu Maybe I'll get it next xmas?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Global games industry generated $91bn in 2016

Wow that VR tank. Far Far below what I was expecting, though I imagine next year will be a bit better.

Thread Information