Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win a Fractal Design Define Nano S Mnpctech Edition

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Win a Fractal Design Define Nano S Mnpctech Edition

There are only 23 of these special edition chassis in the world, and we're giving one away!
    Read more.

2. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (03-08-2016)

SUMMONER

Re: Win a Fractal Design Define Nano S Mnpctech Edition

The window looks nice from a distance, until you get close and see how it is "tacked on" to the case.
    The metal accents look totally out of place and kill the clean aesthetics of the case for me.

Being a big fan of Fractal cases I will take one if you force me to so.

more pics of the case
    Last edited by SUMMONER; 04-08-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Could be a replacement of my TT Core V1

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but $399 for a $70 case plus two sheets of machined 3mm 6061 and a poorly finished sheet of clear acrylic bolted to it? Nope... I'll have one for free though

Thanks
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 9 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent 2TB PCIE4 NVME + NAS upon NAS upon NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • RedStar 3, Ubuntu, Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung CRG90 5140x1440 120hz
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet's best, but still poor, attempt

Got to agree with the sentiments above, lucky there is only [ANSWER TO QUESTION] of them being released. Entered anyway, free is free, and Fractal cases are very good in my experience, even if they look like a school project (in this case).

Thanks

It might not be perfect, but Fractal is Fractal and it would be a great substitution for my parent's.current case

Registered+
    Thanks

It's a cool looking case, the snowflake shapes could be something more bad ass though.

Thanks
    • Andrew_W's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Corer i5 3570
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Storage:
      • 240gb samsung 840 evo, 500gb samsung 850 evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac Geforce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2515H and LG 22" 1080p
      • Internet:
      • BT fibre ~60 down, ~20 up

I'd just like to point out that saying that it "brings an extra level of exclusivity to any high-end build" is a bit inaccurate, as it is a mini-itx case, which is a format not often used for high end builds, and certainly not usable for "any" high end build. Perhaps "brings an extra level of exclusivity to any small form factor high-end build" would be more appropriate?

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_W View Post
    I'd just like to point out that saying that it "brings an extra level of exclusivity to any high-end build" is a bit inaccurate, as it is a mini-itx case, which is a format not often used for high end builds, and certainly not usable for "any" high end build. Perhaps "brings an extra level of exclusivity to any small form factor high-end build" would be more appropriate?
    Wut?

Do these count as high end? Because I'd certainly call a system with these in it 'high-end';

Intel i7-6950X
    ASRock X99E-ITX
    NVidia GTX1080

The case could comfortably accommodate those while still leaving enough room for a full WC system.

Thanks
    • Andrew_W's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Corer i5 3570
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac Geforce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by DDY View Post
    Wut?

Do these count as high end? Because I'd certainly call a system with these in it 'high-end';

Intel i7-6950X
    ASRock X99E-ITX
    NVidia GTX1080

The case could comfortably accommodate those while still leaving enough room for a full WC system.
    I think you missed the "Not often used" part, meaning there are some, but not many. The article states "any", while it can't be used with "any", rather with a small selection.

Spreadie

I think you missed the "Not often used" part, meaning there are some, but not many. The article states "any", while it can't be used with "any", rather with a small selection.
    There has been a growing trend, for quite some time now, of enthusiasts shoehorning high end components into Mini ITX cases. They tend to go for the more expensive ITX cases too, i.e. the Dan A4, the NCase M1 even the EVGA Hadron so the "exclusivity" statement makes perfect sense.

Thanks
    • Andrew_W's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Corer i5 3570
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac Geforce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    There has been a growing trend, for quite some time now, of enthusiasts shoehorning high end components into Mini ITX cases. They tend to go for the more expensive ITX cases too, i.e. the Dan A4, the NCase M1 even the EVGA Hadron so the "exclusivity" statement makes perfect sense.
    OK, I'll explain it nice and clear. The article states that it "brings an extra level of exclusivity to any high-end build". My problem is with the word "any". Using the word "any" means you could use any high end parts. So let's look at the ASUS Intel Z170 S Sabertooth. It's a high end part, I'm sure anyone will agree. Can you use it in that case? No. So it won't actually be suitable for "any high-end build", because the VAST majority of high-end motherboards are ATX or Micro-ATX. Despite the increase in popularity, mini-itx is very much a minority still.
    My point is that nowhere does it state that the case is mini-itx, but there is a statement that it's suitable for any build. It's suitable for any mini-itx build, but not ANY build, only those specific ones.

Spreadie

OK, I'll explain it nice and clear. The article states that it "brings an extra level of exclusivity to any high-end build". My problem is with the word "any". Using the word "any" means you could use any high end parts. So let's look at the ASUS Intel Z170 S Sabertooth. It's a high end part, I'm sure anyone will agree. Can you use it in that case? No. So it won't actually be suitable for "any high-end build", because the VAST majority of high-end motherboards are ATX or Micro-ATX. Despite the increase in popularity, mini-itx is very much a minority still.
    My point is that nowhere does it state that the case is mini-itx, but there is a statement that it's suitable for any build. It's suitable for any mini-itx build, but not ANY build, only those specific ones.
    You're kidding, right?

You're stating it can't be suitable because you can't fit a high ATX motherboard in there? Does that mean ALL mATX cases are also incapable of housing high end builds?

It's a modified Define Nano S, which is an ITX case - the clue is in the name "Nano", but a glance at the photos clearly showing only two PCI backplates should remove all doubt for all but the willfully stupid. Now, I'm not calling you stupid, but perhaps spending more than the briefest of moments to consider the evidence at hand, would lead you to draw the obvious conclusions about the case.

BTW here have been high end ITX boards released for the vast majority of chipsets since Sandy Bridge.

Thanks
    • Andrew_W's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Corer i5 3570
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac Geforce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    You're kidding, right?

You're stating it can't be suitable because you can't fit a high ATX motherboard in there? Does that mean ALL mATX cases are also incapable of housing high end builds?

It's a modified Define Nano S, which is an ITX case - the clue is in the name "Nano", but a glance at the photos clearly showing only two PCI backplates should remove all doubt for all but the willfully stupid. Now, I'm not calling you stupid, but perhaps spending more than the briefest of moments to consider the evidence at hand, would lead you to draw the obvious conclusions about the case.

BTW here have been high end ITX boards released for the vast majority of chipsets since Sandy Bridge.
    I think you must be the one that's kidding...
    I did NOT state it can't house A high end board, I said it can't house ALL high end boards, or indeed MOST high end boards. This does not mean it can house none, but it does mean that it can't house ALL of them, which a statement like "for any high-end build" implies. It is not for "ANY" high end build, it is for a select FEW high end builds.
    Why am I having to explain such a simple concept so many times??
    My argument is not about the suitability of the case for a high end build, but about the article wrongly implying that it can be used for ALL high end builds.
    As for the description of the case, I DID point out that I noticed the 2 slots, and I did point out that I looked it up. That doesn't make what was written any more accurate, as some people simply would not know that. You might argue that anyone building a PC themselves would know that, but I think you'd be surprised...

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

*snip*
    It say's any high end build, anyone that wasn't attempting to purposely nit pick at an article would take it as meaning any high end component that would fit the available form factor...
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Spreadie

I think you must be the one that's kidding...
    I did NOT state it can't house A high end board, I said it can't house ALL high end boards, or indeed MOST high end boards. This does not mean it can house none, but it does mean that it can't house ALL of them, which a statement like "for any high-end build" implies. It is not for "ANY" high end build, it is for a select FEW high end builds.
    Why am I having to explain such a simple concept so many times??
    My argument is not about the suitability of the case for a high end build, but about the article wrongly implying that it can be used for ALL high end builds.
    As for the description of the case, I DID point out that I noticed the 2 slots, and I did point out that I looked it up. That doesn't make what was written any more accurate, as some people simply would not know that. You might argue that anyone building a PC themselves would know that, but I think you'd be surprised...
    Yeah, that's about enough, I think...

18. Received thanks from:

Disturbedguy (09-08-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information