Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QOTW: Which tech companies offer the best customer service?

Thanks
    • jnutt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSi X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32gig DDR 3600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 1tb NVME M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2070Super
      • PSU:
      • Stock
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master
      • Operating System:
      • Windows10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 32" and 24"
      • Internet:
      • Cable 350mb

Re: QOTW: Which tech companies offer the best customer service?

EVGA MSi and Amazon

Thanks
    • jimborae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700K@4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group DDR-3000 32Gig
      • Storage:
      • 1x Samsung 870 Evo 500Gb SSD, 1 x WD Red 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT watercooled
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W Black Edition
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Prime
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 xDell 24"
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet 70Mb

Aria.co.uk - Had a GPU issue that I thought was an RMA case, their tech staff were able to help me troubleshoot the issue and proved the GPU wasn't faulty. It was nice to encounter knowledgeable people on the end of the phone who understood the issue.
    Amazon - As others have said usually trouble free returns.
    Ebuyer & Scan - Mixed, sometimes had good experiences sometimes bad, and the whole issue around pro-rata'ed refunds really winds me up.
    Overclockers.co.uk - Had a very bad RMA experience with them many years ago which really put me off them and the owner's attitude & way of doing business at the time gave me cause for concern lets say. I understand that they were then sold to new owners a few years back and things have much improved, however I still rarely ever consider them when looking for a new purchase.
    Gigabyte - were very helpful when dealing with an inherited Titan gpu that died. Unfortunately they ultimately wouldn't repair it FoC which was perfectly acceptable.
    Corsair - Had to RMA some old ram that died. They stood by their lifetime warranty and it was replaced hassle free.

Registered+
    Thanks

Anker.com scores highest on my list with superb customer support and very nice people, My absolute favorite. In my view the company for the top 1,000,000,000 largest companies to learn how support should be. I know that probably never gonna happen besides amazon.

Second best is the dutch site bol.com which also go to great lenght to make the customer happy.
    Followed by amazon.
    Sadly the dutch site does contains only a very limited list of products. But yes also great customer support.
    Intel does have a nice customer support but some people i know had less luck with the giant. For me the few times i had to use support i was satisfied.
    Corsair has been kinda a mixed experience it really depends if you get lucky with the person Which answers you email/phone. I have the best experience with the memory support, but also a few very nasty experiences with other departments. Most not even willing to listen to you at all. So that placed that company alot lower in my list of good customer support.

And thats kinda it... hardware vendors like asus and their sister company asrock, msi and gigabyte have been for me the most crappy ever, and that in a 25 year period. Sadly they are kinda the only brands which are sold massive in my country. But i hate all of them, i had great hope that asrock would be better but they screwed me as well. So i am kinda hoping other brands step up and start selling more in europe so i can skip those crappy brands and buy from a more customer friendly manufactor.

The rest of the thousands of companies score below average or worse. In europe there should be a 2 year warranty on products but most either keep you busy in ages long debates about what you should do and what you should try. Till the warranty period is paste and you are gaian screwed. Then we got the companies who do not have a office in my country they simply claim different warranty rules, for instance many only give 60 or 90 days and others give 6 or 12 months warranty while the EU clearly states that all products are bound to give the 2 year warranty. But they get away with it because nobody is able to get them to court. Their head offices often on islands of in the asian territories. So they simply not even answer on your support requests or even have any means to contact them at all.
    Most chinese products on the market have 0 support, all what leaves china is ok by them but nothing gets back in. Especially support requests are kinda send to deaf people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information