Thread: Microsoft Project Scorpio tech specs revealed

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Toshiba SSHD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 11 (APU)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

Re: Microsoft Project Scorpio tech specs revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Nest View Post
    I hate to sound pessimistic but PS4 has some very good exclusives vs the Xbox one? what are we going to get more HALO, GOW and Forza but in 4K.. unless Microsoft have a load of new gaming i.p. up there sleeve its just more of the same but with a new lick of paint and more polish.
    I concur.. I like Xbox (I have a 360 slim "E" version, used to have a black 360 elite 120gb) but Forza is the only Xbox exclusive I'm vaguely interested in. Though the Scorpio specs look impressive (rx 580 beating possibly), I'll probably build a pc with a better spec and play any Xbox exclusives through windows 10 and not bother buying a Scorpio.

In the mean time, I have a PS4 with it's exclusives such as last of us, blood-borne, uncharted 4 etc which I'm actually interested in.

"You're my wife now!" Ravens Nest's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Hand View Post
    I concur.. I like Xbox (I have a 360 slim "E" version, used to have a black 360 elite 120gb) but Forza is the only Xbox exclusive I'm vaguely interested in. Though the Scorpio specs look impressive (rx 580 beating possibly), I'll probably build a pc with a better spec and play any Xbox exclusives through windows 10 and not bother buying a Scorpio.

In the mean time, I have a PS4 with it's exclusives such as last of us, blood-borne, uncharted 4 etc which I'm actually interested in.
    I got a xbox one for a bargain price of £40! i went mad and bought GOW, Forza 6 and wish i had paid more and got the play anywhere digital copies as i dont play it.. but i love Forza I am really hoping for a slew of game announcements for Xbox only to really stir things up with Sony.. (I am loving uncharted 4, except the constant patches lol)
    "Mmm... I want you for my wife!"
    "Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee?"
    "Of course you can. We would love for you to join us."

MGP
    Thanks

If your a PC gamer like myself, with Microsoft now making these play anywhere digital copies, kinda makes owning the Xbox One, and the future Scorpio consoles pointless to us? Much rather use my PC, it kick any console into touch!

Thanks
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus GRYPHON Z87
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K @4.8Ghz Corsair H100i GTX
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb G.Skill TridentX 2400 @ CAS9
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb + Many, many HDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti FTW
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 750W
      • Case:
      • be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)
      • Operating System:
      • Win10, Fedora
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell U2515H 1440p DELL U3415W Ultrawide for Work
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet Unlimited 80Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Kato-2 View Post
    It's not marginally better, Richard at DF explicit says it's significantly more powerful than PS4 Pro. He mentioned it even out performed their own Forza PC benchmarks at 4K using top of the line Nvidia GPU's.

The hardware is very good with a better approach to older games which get free enhancements x16 AF, super sampling, all get this no restrictions.

The point of Xbox Anywhere is to grow a digital app store, it's a very smart move and not as you say watering down exclusives.

Scorpio is not going to de-throne the PS4 but it will put MS back in the game (excuse the pun).

Now all they need to do is drop the dumb Xbox One brand name, unfortunately this is one thing I fear they will not do.
    The specs do look marginally better to me, I'll wait for proper benchmarks on production hardware rather than anecdotal evidence from Richard.

The PS4Pro also enhances older titles in the new update - can't really say how well either machine does the job, but it's a good feature.

I do think the Xbox anywhere idea is watering down the exclusives - even in this thread people have said they don't need to get an XBO if they can play the exclusives on their PC. I'm in the same camp, though I might pick one up if it's competitively priced.

I feel like a decent gaming PC and a PS4/PS4pro gives better coverage.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by virtuo View Post
    The specs do look marginally better to me, I'll wait for proper benchmarks on production hardware rather than anecdotal evidence from Richard.

The PS4Pro also enhances older titles in the new update - can't really say how well either machine does the job, but it's a good feature.

I do think the Xbox anywhere idea is watering down the exclusives - even in this thread people have said they don't need to get an XBO if they can play the exclusives on their PC. I'm in the same camp, though I might pick one up if it's competitively priced.

I feel like a decent gaming PC and a PS4/PS4pro gives better coverage.
    Well TBH,looking at Polaris 10 it is quite memory bandwidth limited,so a 384 bit memory controller might actually add more to the performance than the 4 extra CUs,and they do run at a 30% higher clockspeed too.

OTH,even if the next XBox is significantly faster,I think people will still be more worried about the choice of games on each platform!

Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

"You're my wife now!" Ravens Nest's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Well TBH,looking at Polaris 10 it is quite memory bandwidth limited,so a 384 bit memory controller might actually add more to the performance than the 4 extra CUs,and they do run at a 30% higher clockspeed too.

OTH,even if the next XBox is significantly faster,I think people will still be more worried about the choice of games on each platform!
    Exactly needs a lot more exclusives to make it worth while.
    "Mmm... I want you for my wife!"
    "Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee?"
    "Of course you can. We would love for you to join us."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information