Thread: Apple confirms next iPhone launch for 12th September

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Apple confirms next iPhone launch for 12th September

10th anniversary smartphone event will take place at Apple's new HQ.
    Read more.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Re: Apple confirms next iPhone launch for 12th September

"Let's meet at my place".

Also known as "we're about to release something new, now open your wallet, bend over and don't expect any lube".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    "Let's meet at my place".

Also known as "we're about to release something new, now open your wallet, bend over and don't expect any lube".
    "You better not pout, you better not cry, watch out son Apple is going in dryyyy...Brand new iPhone is coming to townnnn"

Thanks
    • Kanoe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
      • CPU:
      • Intel 7960X (4.4GHZ All Core)
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (8 x 8GB) 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1x 2TB M.2, 2x 1TB M.2, 960GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nvidia 3080 FE (1965MHz @906mV +1500 VRAM)
      • PSU:
      • Superflower 1200W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo v2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Gigabyte M28U 4k + 24" Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Zen 1 Gig Fibre

Wireless charging is also expected to debut on the iPhone 8, we hope Apple doesn't try and introduce its own new standard for this functionality.
    I would put good money on it exactly being their own, new, closed, standard that is not compatible with any existing wireless chargers, cause that's exactly what Apple's business model is so it can bleed you dry and lock you in.

They made a business out of re-inventing the wheel and making sure it doesn't fit any other model of car.

Thanks

Lets meet at my place, no thanks id rather not be dry humped by fanboys desperate to have the latest model and then get overcharged for some thing that has less features than any other phone and costs a shed load more and then is compatible with nothing else I own.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem Apple (and all the other smartphone mfrs) have is that it is essentially a mature product.

They make calls, they send texts, they connect to the internet. Other changes involve the resolution of the camera and size/resolution of the screen. The differentiation comes in the ecosystem it integrates with. If you want to integrate with Googles infrastructure, which is fairly open, the go android. If you have an Apple PC or iPad, then buy an IPhone - which can also access some parts of Googles infrastructure. Having tried Android snd Apple, I found Apple better experience, but others have found the opposite - each to their own.

I'm not expecting any significant improvement that will tempt me to upgrade - I expect my current iPhone to go on for at least another two or three years before I even think about changing it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The problem Apple (and all the other smartphone mfrs) have is that it is essentially a mature product.

They make calls, they send texts, they connect to the internet. Other changes involve the resolution of the camera and size/resolution of the screen. The differentiation comes in the ecosystem it integrates with. If you want to integrate with Googles infrastructure, which is fairly open, the go android. If you have an Apple PC or iPad, then buy an IPhone - which can also access some parts of Googles infrastructure. Having tried Android snd Apple, I found Apple better experience, but others have found the opposite - each to their own.

I'm not expecting any significant improvement that will tempt me to upgrade - I expect my current iPhone to go on for at least another two or three years before I even think about changing it.
    Expect Apple to launch an update that completely ruins your experience, forcing you to upgrade way before that. Thats what Apple does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glyce View Post
    Expect Apple to launch an update that completely ruins your experience, forcing you to upgrade way before that. Thats what Apple does.
    Personally, I've not found Apple to be any worse in that respect than Microsoft or Android.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • lodore's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X570 AORUS MASTER
      • CPU:
      • Amd Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 2666 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Gigabyte AORUS 7000s SSD and sandisk 1tb sata 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI 11gb
      • PSU:
      • Ion+ 860W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 34inch ultra wide quad HD 144hz and 24inch asus HD
      • Internet:
      • 80Mbps Zen

I completely agree with this and it is the reason why I want a device which is supported for a decent amount of time and gets fast updates.

Thanks

The differentiation comes in the ecosystem it integrates with. If you want to integrate with Googles infrastructure, which is fairly open, the go android. If you have an Apple PC or iPad, then buy an IPhone - which can also access some parts of Googles infrastructure. Having tried Android snd Apple, I found Apple better experience, but others have found the opposite - each to their own.
    You could also argue that microsoft integrates it's software better with Android than with iOS due to the 'open' nature of Android, so if you have a preference for Microsoft things like cortana or integration/sync with windows 10 then Android is probably the way to go for the time being... I kind of want a surface phone though....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    You could also argue that microsoft integrates it's software better with Android than with iOS due to the 'open' nature of Android, so if you have a preference for Microsoft things like cortana or integration/sync with windows 10 then Android is probably the way to go for the time being... I kind of want a surface phone though....
    You can - but Microsoft are lagging behind Apple and Android - at the moment, and I'm not convinced that their ecosystem is as well developed as Apple's or Google's, but as you say, if MS can integrate with Googles system, and that is what you want to do, it is a possible alternative.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks

You can - but Microsoft are lagging behind Apple and Android - at the moment, and I'm not convinced that their ecosystem is as well developed as Apple's or Google's, but as you say, if MS can integrate with Googles system, and that is what you want to do, it is a possible alternative.
    It's a bit of weird one for me, when I look at my usage of google things (outside of android itself) I only really use search and play music, but even that is more of a case of backing up my music for free versus the player side of things. I don't use gmail, even though I have an account and I don't use their office stuff either.

Compared with MS where I use office, onedrive and hotmail (for places where junk mail will turn up and forums). I also spend more considerably more time on windows than I do Android too, even in my 'spare time', I even use a few of MS's apps on android because their offerings are better or sync better with my home/work setup. Bing in most cases though is absolutely useless, but some aspects of cortana are actually minimally useful at least on the pc.

But like you say it really is a case of what you actually want to use your phone for and as I don't use my phone for instagram and the likes because mines more for 'work' and general communication via phone or text so I don't need things like instagram. I could happily get away with a windows mobile device but sadly the choices are currently a bit limited and the older offerings weren't really that compelling so I went android and will likely stay with it for the time being... unless the fabled surface phone comes out, that may make me want to switch lol

Thanks

Typo evening in the dark...
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks

It's a shame that the wireless charging looks be both an older standard (less powerful) and proprietary too. But apart from that this is a massive step up from Apple and I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's the worst kept design secret ever, but I guess that's due to the demand for information.

The keynote will also bring the new Apple TV (which should have Amazon Video very soon too - at last) and other interesting "stuff".

Interesting to see whether the new design brings any issues with it.

Thread Information