Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

Company's "biggest unveiling" is just weeks away.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Ozaron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570 Unify
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Patriot Blackout @ 3800 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Toshiba X300 4TB (2), Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 5700XT, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12-II 620w
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • W10 Enterprise 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte G27QC
      • Internet:
      • 2.5 MB/s ↓ 0.86 MB/s ↑ ~20ms

Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

Wonder if it'll be as gaudy as most gaming peripherals or more businesslike. Bets on the former..

Thanks

Bye Razer!

Registered+
    Thanks

Why i don't get it stick to what you know - phone development can't be cheap and can you compete really with google, apple and Samsung

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deemo View Post
    Why i don't get it stick to what you know - phone development can't be cheap and can you compete really with google, apple and Samsung
    Depends who they've got on board. Additionally you have to remember that there are quite a few brands out there whom are stable and profitable, not just those three giants.

I doubt this is just going to be a phone, I presume this will also be some form of dockable portable gaming device.

Thanks

"bright-green Razer logo emblazoned on the back" Errrr yeah, hopefully they will have some colour options. Not sure thats going to sell it for them.
    Jon

Thanks
    • iworrall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B350M TUF Gaming
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB C14 Team Group "Dark Pro"
      • Storage:
      • 512Gb Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX3080 FE
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 1KW
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core V21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 / Kubuntu 19.04
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator X34A
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    "bright-green Razer logo emblazoned on the back" Errrr yeah, hopefully they will have some colour options. Not sure thats going to sell it for them.
    Logo backlit with RGB LEDs, then?

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    Depends who they've got on board. Additionally you have to remember that there are quite a few brands out there whom are stable and profitable, not just those three giants.

I doubt this is just going to be a phone, I presume this will also be some form of dockable portable gaming device.
    You do make a valid point there and i'm sure they probably no looking at mass market probably like a niche set of people

Thanks
    • Hoonigan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570 ACE
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2x 2TB Gigabyte NVMe 4.0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3070Ti Gaming Pro
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Crystal Series 680X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator Z35P + ASUS ROG PG279Q
      • Internet:
      • Giganet (City Fibre) 900/900

Rgb?

ETR316

Quote Originally Posted by Deemo View Post

you are the only smart one here.

all the other posts are negative and not smart enough to know what growth is in business. YOU TAKE CHANCES TO GROW, and you dont make assumptions until you SEE what they have on offer first, THEN judge.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by ETR316 View Post
    all the other posts are negative and not smart enough to know what growth is in business. YOU TAKE CHANCES TO GROW, and you dont make assumptions until you SEE what they have on offer first, THEN judge.
    Its razor. I think it's fairly safe to judge in advance, they have a consistent track record with tacky, low quality items that carry a high price tag that entices the "beats headphone" owners...
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

12. Received thanks from:

Biscuit (12-10-2017),Jonj1611 (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Its razor. I think it's fairly safe to judge in advance, they have a consistent track record with tacky, low quality items that carry a high price tag that entices the "beats headphone" owners...
    I guess I've been lucky, I've owned 7 separate Razer peripherals and used many more and have never had any problems like you are mentioning. I also find it amusing that those same people who hate Razer love Cyborg mice and cherish them like they're made of gold pixie dust considering they're ugly as f... and only comfortable after extensive mucking about and fall to pieces if you're not a twitch reflex gamer.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I guess I've been lucky
    Not sure about that, my Razer Lachesis is still happily working well. That's what, 5+ years? I'd be interested to see what Razer decide to release, if it's a smartphone I'd imagine it'll be expensive. Just depends on the ecosystem of hardware it contains and software they decide to run with among other things.

Thanks

I guess I've been lucky, I've owned 7 separate Razer peripherals and used many more and have never had any problems like you are mentioning. I also find it amusing that those same people who hate Razer love Cyborg mice and cherish them like they're made of gold pixie dust considering they're ugly as f... and only comfortable after extensive mucking about and fall to pieces if you're not a twitch reflex gamer.
    I have had Razor products, they are a brand like any other, I don't like Cyborg mice, who are these "same people" you mention?

My Razor mouse was ok, failed after a couple of years but did it's job. Though I still think a green logo and the back of a phone maybe a bit garish
    Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    I have had Razor products, they are a brand like any other, I don't like Cyborg mice, who are these "same people" you mention?
    Quite a few times I have encountered anti-Razer people, some are my own friends, and they hate Razer products quoting tackiness and poor build quality. However at least 2 of my friends I know why they hate Razer is because they have FPSDoug level anger management issues and they smash their peripherals against the table so I'm not bleddy surprised it doesn't last. Then I get some of those same people going for the Cyborg and RAT products and glorifying them as the best thing to hit the peripheral market.

Those "same" people are persons I have encountered on forums like this, private forums for guilds and gaming and in public and it's like it is fashionable to hate on the popular brand. However my return argument is always: "Well if they weren't doing something right, why are they the biggest gaming brand on the planet in use in eSports and multiple other areas" (inb4 "Well they literally open the box for the event right there and then for use", congrats, they do, and?)

The only thing I hate about Razer Products is their affluence for neon green in their basic line of products. I love Ice Blue colour schemes but I'll be damned if I can find any products that have that without having to pay 20% extra for RGB just to put it to a single colour.

Thanks

I can't say I have met people that hate Razor products though I am sure there are a few and I haven't really seen people on this forum be anti razor either. Maybe your experience on here is different?

There will always be people who are for and against a product however, I do agree about the green, looked "ok" on my mouse but on the back of a phone reminds of those stickers you see stuck to the top of laptops.

Well yes about the extra for lighting, there was that mouse that was reviewed for a mere £75 to get that blue affect https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/perip...i-clutch-gm60/
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information