Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 28

Thread: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,145
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,672 times in 581 posts

    Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Company's "biggest unveiling" is just weeks away.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Cinnamon Roll
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    18 times in 17 posts
    • Ozaron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z170 SLI Plus
      • CPU:
      • i5-6600K @ 4.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB HyperX DDR4 2666MHz CL14
      • Storage:
      • Toshiba X300 4TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12-II 620w
      • Case:
      • In Win 707 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • W10 Enterprise 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765HT
      • Internet:
      • 150KB/s ↓ 50KB/s ↑ ~35ms

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Wonder if it'll be as gaudy as most gaming peripherals or more businesslike. Bets on the former..

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    9 times in 7 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Bye Razer!

  4. #4
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Why i don't get it stick to what you know - phone development can't be cheap and can you compete really with google, apple and Samsung

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    81 times in 50 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Deemo View Post
    Why i don't get it stick to what you know - phone development can't be cheap and can you compete really with google, apple and Samsung
    Depends who they've got on board. Additionally you have to remember that there are quite a few brands out there whom are stable and profitable, not just those three giants.

    I doubt this is just going to be a phone, I presume this will also be some form of dockable portable gaming device.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jonj1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,982
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked
    274 times in 231 posts
    • Jonj1611's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Titanium
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 1700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB EVGA GTX1080 FTW
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Silent Base 800
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 31.5" QHD IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 350MB

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    "bright-green Razer logo emblazoned on the back" Errrr yeah, hopefully they will have some colour options. Not sure thats going to sell it for them.
    Jon

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    28 times in 24 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    "bright-green Razer logo emblazoned on the back" Errrr yeah, hopefully they will have some colour options. Not sure thats going to sell it for them.
    Logo backlit with RGB LEDs, then?
    Ryzen 2700K / Asus B350M TUF Gaming / 16GB Team Dark Pro 3200MHzC14 / Asus Strix Advanced GTX1080 / Acer Predator X34A / 280G Intel Optane 900P / 500G Samsung 840 EVO SSD / Ubuntu 18.10-x64 / W10

  8. #8
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    Depends who they've got on board. Additionally you have to remember that there are quite a few brands out there whom are stable and profitable, not just those three giants.

    I doubt this is just going to be a phone, I presume this will also be some form of dockable portable gaming device.
    You do make a valid point there and i'm sure they probably no looking at mass market probably like a niche set of people

  9. #9
    Hooning about Hoonigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Renfrew, Scotland.
    Posts
    1,616
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked
    277 times in 193 posts
    • Hoonigan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z270 Gaming M7
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB DDR4 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970 EVO + 512GB XPG S10
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX1080Ti GAMING X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Straight Power 11 650W
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM95-P + ASUS ROG PG279
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Vivid 400

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Rgb?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemo View Post
    Why i don't get it stick to what you know - phone development can't be cheap and can you compete really with google, apple and Samsung
    Depends who they've got on board. Additionally you have to remember that there are quite a few brands out there whom are stable and profitable, not just those three giants.

    I doubt this is just going to be a phone, I presume this will also be some form of dockable portable gaming device.
    you are the only smart one here.

    all the other posts are negative and not smart enough to know what growth is in business. YOU TAKE CHANCES TO GROW, and you dont make assumptions until you SEE what they have on offer first, THEN judge.

  11. #11
    Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Last Aerie
    Posts
    10,745
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    856 times in 725 posts
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by ETR316 View Post
    all the other posts are negative and not smart enough to know what growth is in business. YOU TAKE CHANCES TO GROW, and you dont make assumptions until you SEE what they have on offer first, THEN judge.
    Its razor. I think it's fairly safe to judge in advance, they have a consistent track record with tacky, low quality items that carry a high price tag that entices the "beats headphone" owners...
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Lenovo Flex 2 / 12GB RAM / 240GB Corsair Force 3 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: HTC One U11 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM12.1 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

  12. Received thanks from:

    Biscuit (12-10-2017),Jonj1611 (12-10-2017)

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    81 times in 50 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Its razor. I think it's fairly safe to judge in advance, they have a consistent track record with tacky, low quality items that carry a high price tag that entices the "beats headphone" owners...
    I guess I've been lucky, I've owned 7 separate Razer peripherals and used many more and have never had any problems like you are mentioning. I also find it amusing that those same people who hate Razer love Cyborg mice and cherish them like they're made of gold pixie dust considering they're ugly as f... and only comfortable after extensive mucking about and fall to pieces if you're not a twitch reflex gamer.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where you are not
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    22 times in 17 posts
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-P67A-UD5-B3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x BL2KIT25664FN2139
      • Storage:
      • 4 x CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 (Raid 0)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS Radeon R9 290 DC-2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-X500B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Samsung 22" widescreen P2270 2ms DVI HD LCD TFT Ecofit
      • Internet:
      • 40Mbps SKY Fibre

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Its razor. I think it's fairly safe to judge in advance, they have a consistent track record with tacky, low quality items that carry a high price tag that entices the "beats headphone" owners...
    I guess I've been lucky
    Not sure about that, my Razer Lachesis is still happily working well. That's what, 5+ years? I'd be interested to see what Razer decide to release, if it's a smartphone I'd imagine it'll be expensive. Just depends on the ecosystem of hardware it contains and software they decide to run with among other things.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Jonj1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,982
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked
    274 times in 231 posts
    • Jonj1611's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Titanium
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 1700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB EVGA GTX1080 FTW
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Silent Base 800
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 31.5" QHD IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 350MB

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    I guess I've been lucky, I've owned 7 separate Razer peripherals and used many more and have never had any problems like you are mentioning. I also find it amusing that those same people who hate Razer love Cyborg mice and cherish them like they're made of gold pixie dust considering they're ugly as f... and only comfortable after extensive mucking about and fall to pieces if you're not a twitch reflex gamer.
    I have had Razor products, they are a brand like any other, I don't like Cyborg mice, who are these "same people" you mention?

    My Razor mouse was ok, failed after a couple of years but did it's job. Though I still think a green logo and the back of a phone maybe a bit garish
    Jon

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    81 times in 50 posts

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    I have had Razor products, they are a brand like any other, I don't like Cyborg mice, who are these "same people" you mention?
    Quite a few times I have encountered anti-Razer people, some are my own friends, and they hate Razer products quoting tackiness and poor build quality. However at least 2 of my friends I know why they hate Razer is because they have FPSDoug level anger management issues and they smash their peripherals against the table so I'm not bleddy surprised it doesn't last. Then I get some of those same people going for the Cyborg and RAT products and glorifying them as the best thing to hit the peripheral market.

    Those "same" people are persons I have encountered on forums like this, private forums for guilds and gaming and in public and it's like it is fashionable to hate on the popular brand. However my return argument is always: "Well if they weren't doing something right, why are they the biggest gaming brand on the planet in use in eSports and multiple other areas" (inb4 "Well they literally open the box for the event right there and then for use", congrats, they do, and?)

    The only thing I hate about Razer Products is their affluence for neon green in their basic line of products. I love Ice Blue colour schemes but I'll be damned if I can find any products that have that without having to pay 20% extra for RGB just to put it to a single colour.

  17. #16
    Senior Member Jonj1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,982
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked
    274 times in 231 posts
    • Jonj1611's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Titanium
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 1700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB EVGA GTX1080 FTW
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Silent Base 800
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 31.5" QHD IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 350MB

    Re: Razer expected to unveil first smartphone on November 1st

    I can't say I have met people that hate Razor products though I am sure there are a few and I haven't really seen people on this forum be anti razor either. Maybe your experience on here is different?

    There will always be people who are for and against a product however, I do agree about the green, looked "ok" on my mouse but on the back of a phone reminds of those stickers you see stuck to the top of laptops.

    Well yes about the extra for lighting, there was that mouse that was reviewed for a mere £75 to get that blue affect https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/perip...i-clutch-gm60/
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •