Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,730
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,735 times in 599 posts

    Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    Four monitor adapters and a 4-in-1 travel dock.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    906
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    114 times in 75 posts

    Re: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    I despise but grudgingly appreciate all these USB-C travel things. USB-C and TB3 are quite versatile, it's just that I have to lug around yet another adaptor for my laptop that has next to no ports on it. For the techs in the company, I draw the line at the laptops themselves not having ethernet ports as I've seen some weird network crap on USB-C and USB network peripherals.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    62 times in 54 posts

    Re: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    first thought when I saw what was available was... why no hdmi AND displayport model so we don't need to carry two adapters or another dongle etc.

  4. #4
    bored of Vienetta now
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,841
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked
    697 times in 530 posts
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

    Re: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    first thought when I saw what was available was... why no hdmi AND displayport model so we don't need to carry two adapters or another dongle etc.
    hence dell are releasing the DA300 with both on it (and VGA)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    62 times in 54 posts

    Re: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    hence dell are releasing the DA300 with both on it (and VGA)
    Yeah, who would have thought dell would be the company to release something that actually made sense lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    9 times in 9 posts

    Re: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    hence dell are releasing the DA300 with both on it (and VGA)
    Yeah, who would have thought dell would be the company to release something that actually made sense lol
    Not me. I've been trying to find a portable dock that isn't over 150 dollars and has DP, USB, and Ethernet at 4k/60hz speeds. The only other one close is the Plugable TB3 dock.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London town
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    13 times in 10 posts

    Re: Sapphire Technology launches TB3 and USB-C accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    I despise but grudgingly appreciate all these USB-C travel things. USB-C and TB3 are quite versatile, it's just that I have to lug around yet another adaptor for my laptop that has next to no ports on it. For the techs in the company, I draw the line at the laptops themselves not having ethernet ports as I've seen some weird network crap on USB-C and USB network peripherals.
    Not sure of the need for Ethernet - get hundreds of mbps on wifi now, and have a TB3 dock (with ethernet) at my desk ... having said that, the X1 has ethernet with a dongle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •