Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,097
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,844 times in 627 posts

    Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Meanwhile, the Xbox mouse and keyboard support debate goes on.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9 times in 6 posts

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    X is looking tempting with native 1440p (I game on a 1440p monitor).

  3. #3
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    4,772
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked
    509 times in 426 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    They're calling the new ones S and X?
    I predict a lot of disappointed consoleers whose parents misheard the key detail...

  4. #4
    Vive le pants! directhex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    /dev/urandom
    Posts
    17,074
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked
    1,027 times in 678 posts
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X99A Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5280k
      • Memory:
      • 32GiB ADATA DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Corsair Neutron XT 960GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G Twin Frozr 5
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • NZXT H440
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 17.10, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713HM
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    They're calling the new ones S and X?
    I predict a lot of disappointed consoleers whose parents misheard the key detail...
    The Xbox One S is a slim Xbox One (plus HDR, plus 4K Blu-Ray)

    The Xbox One X is a "pro" Xbox One, with a bigger CPU & GPU, and something approaching native 4K capability

  5. #5
    I'm special azrael-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    80 times in 72 posts
    • azrael-'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8C-WS
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 3.4 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB ECC DDR3 1333 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256 GB Samsung 830, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO, 12 TB WD HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • eVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming, 8 GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-Series 560W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 550D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB271HU
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 55/12 Mbit/s

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    They're calling the new ones S and X?
    I predict a lot of disappointed consoleers whose parents misheard the key detail...
    The Xbox One S is a slim Xbox One (plus HDR, plus 4K Blu-Ray)

    The Xbox One X is a "pro" Xbox One, with a bigger CPU & GPU, and something approaching native 4K capability
    I spot a joke dead in the water...

  6. #6
    Senior Member Lord Midas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    14 times in 13 posts
    • Lord Midas's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256&120GB SSD & Kingston 40GB SSDNOW+ & WD Green 2TB & 2 x Sammy 750GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HW620w
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM88 Ultrawide 34" WQHD and LG Flatron 22"
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    They're calling the new ones S and X?
    I predict a lot of disappointed consoleers whose parents misheard the key detail...
    The Xbox One S is a slim Xbox One (plus HDR, plus 4K Blu-Ray)

    The Xbox One X is a "pro" Xbox One, with a bigger CPU & GPU, and something approaching native 4K capability
    I spot a joke dead in the water...
    Indeed. Sometimes you just gotta facepalm
    Kickstarters Pledged:
    Godus Stonehearth Rain World Satellite Reign


  7. #7
    Senior Member Lord Midas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    14 times in 13 posts
    • Lord Midas's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256&120GB SSD & Kingston 40GB SSDNOW+ & WD Green 2TB & 2 x Sammy 750GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HW620w
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM88 Ultrawide 34" WQHD and LG Flatron 22"
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    This is why Xbox is the best console. Xbox just keeps improving whilst the PS4 has had, like, 5 updates since it was launched!! Sony's slogan should be "It's for the suits"
    (I'm ignoring the exclusives debate here)
    Kickstarters Pledged:
    Godus Stonehearth Rain World Satellite Reign


  8. #8
    Senior Member spacein_vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Darkest Northamptonshire
    Posts
    1,113
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked
    250 times in 170 posts
    • spacein_vader's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B85M-G
      • CPU:
      • i5 4460 3.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Crucial DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD, 256GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus RX-480 Dual OC 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W modular
      • Case:
      • Antec Mini P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765, Dell Ultrasharp U2412
      • Internet:
      • Origin Fibre Max

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Midas View Post
    This is why Xbox is the best console. Xbox just keeps improving whilst the PS4 has had, like, 5 updates since it was launched!! Sony's slogan should be "It's for the suits"
    (I'm ignoring the exclusives debate here)
    I disagree. The Switch is the best console as it's the only one that does something different got he PC/Xbox/ps4

  9. #9
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    9,574
    Thanks
    467
    Thanked
    979 times in 833 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 2600X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 1TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 28 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    I disagree. The Switch is the best console as it's the only one that does something different got he PC/Xbox/ps4
    Dreamcast rules!

    Seriously though, I forgot the one S could do 4K blu-ray. Might have to give that a try, even if the reviews say it isn't the best.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lord Midas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    14 times in 13 posts
    • Lord Midas's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256&120GB SSD & Kingston 40GB SSDNOW+ & WD Green 2TB & 2 x Sammy 750GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HW620w
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM88 Ultrawide 34" WQHD and LG Flatron 22"
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Midas View Post
    This is why Xbox is the best console. Xbox just keeps improving whilst the PS4 has had, like, 5 updates since it was launched!! Sony's slogan should be "It's for the suits"
    (I'm ignoring the exclusives debate here)
    I disagree. The Switch is the best console as it's the only one that does something different got he PC/Xbox/ps4
    I'd say the Switch is different, not better
    Kickstarters Pledged:
    Godus Stonehearth Rain World Satellite Reign


  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Merseyside
    Posts
    420
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    29 times in 23 posts
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 3 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 XTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 380Mb (Fibre Optic)

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Midas View Post
    This is why Xbox is the best console. Xbox just keeps improving whilst the PS4 has had, like, 5 updates since it was launched!! Sony's slogan should be "It's for the suits"
    (I'm ignoring the exclusives debate here)
    I can't ignore the exclusives debate as it is the only reason I even own a console in the first place, I would much rather play the last of us @ 720p 30fps than be tortured with Halo or Gears of Horde Mode in 4k @ 60fps.

    Anyway, if the "S" is going to support native 1440p, the "X" is starting to look a little over priced.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Xlucine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked
    100 times in 85 posts
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @stock
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB, 2TB hard disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G-550
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 150 mb fibre

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilCycle View Post
    I can't ignore the exclusives debate as it is the only reason I even own a console in the first place, I would much rather play the last of us @ 720p 30fps than be tortured with Halo or Gears of Horde Mode in 4k @ 60fps.

    Anyway, if the "S" is going to support native 1440p, the "X" is starting to look a little over priced.
    The GPU side of the xbone S is still only a bit faster than an RX 550 (1.4 TFLOPS compute and DDR3 RAM, compared to up to 1.2 TFLOPS and GDDR5) - just because it can address that many pixels, doesn't mean it can run a game at that resolution. The xbone X is about 4 times faster for graphics, on a similar level as an RX 580

  13. #13
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    9,574
    Thanks
    467
    Thanked
    979 times in 833 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 2600X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 1TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 28 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: Xbox One X and One S 1440p support coming very soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    The GPU side of the xbone S is still only a bit faster than an RX 550 (1.4 TFLOPS compute and DDR3 RAM, compared to up to 1.2 TFLOPS and GDDR5) - just because it can address that many pixels, doesn't mean it can run a game at that resolution. The xbone X is about 4 times faster for graphics, on a similar level as an RX 580
    I was assuming this was just simpifying any upscaling. Say a game is rendered at 900 lines and upscaled to 1080p, then the monitor upscales again to 1440p, you can knock out the last upscale step by getting the console to do the upscale from 900 to 1440p in one go.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •