Thread: Nvidia Turing GPU won't enter mass production until Q3

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Nvidia Turing GPU won't enter mass production until Q3

Meanwhile Nvidia is bracing for a downturn in GPU demand from crypto-miners.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Nvidia Turing GPU won't enter mass production until Q3

All these statements Nvidia makes about telling retailers to not sell for mining has been a bunch of hogwash. Retailers will sell to whomever gives them the money, regardless of price.

About time crypto cards separate from the gaming range, currently over-inflating 2016 technology to almost 30% over last years pricing. Ridiculous.

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

Well, there's no point rushing from NVidia's perspective!

Registered+
    Thanks

A shame driver/bios can not be written than would gimp the performance of a gaming card if it detected mining operations, only way for miners to use gfx cards would be dedicated mining cards like above.

It won't happen as current cards making nVidia and AMD lots of money

Kimbie

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

It seems to be the retailers who are cashing in more....
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe SSD, Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 2 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 XTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p 60hz AOC q2778vqe
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 380Mb (Fibre Optic)

As of October I will be back in the market for a GPU, so Q3 looks good to me, I will be looking to replace the 1070 with something on par with or better than the 1080ti (The 1070 is going to my son), I just hope that mining does stall and that the prices normalize accordingly before then or I will hang on to the 1070 for another couple of years and stick to 1080p gaming, the 1070 still costs over £100 more than I paid for it even now!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Zatoichi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450m Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR4 3200
      • Storage:
      • Loads
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3070 XC3Ultra
      • PSU:
      • Be quiet 800w
      • Case:
      • Fractal r4
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • hP omen 32

So Ampere?

Thanks

Right, sellers are cashing in, not AMD/NV. They are trying to verbally get them to stop, but apparently neither side can control their partners. So they both decided to try to make a special product probably to alleviate people stealing gamer cards for mining crap. You can't put your TRUE customers on hold forever, hence the mining cards with no outputs.

Mining should be over for gpu by xmas as they all move to proof of stake for quick transactions etc. You can't spend all day waiting for visa approval...LOL. Bitcoin original (and many other coins) won't work for this. I haven't looked into the bitcoin cash, but I'm guessing it's a fix for regular bitcoin not usable for transactions. There is certainly room for more than one in the market.

"Well, there's no point rushing from NVidia's perspective!"

Umm, article is pretty clear BOTH sides are trying to get cards to last longer and pushing off next gen. What do you expect, AMD is barely making a dime still. They need to quit selling to poor people first, and concentrate on HIGH MARGIN. 80% of the money is made on everything OVER $200! Look at NV profits and why they had ONLY a 1080/1070 for a year. AMD should fire management for continually pissing away profit margins. They should avoid PRICE WARS at all costs and Jen will certainly be on board with that as he has said this many times (that he doesn't understand why they are dumb enough to think they can price him to death). Don't start a price war unless you can win it! All you do is tank profits for ZERO gain. They need to copy NV/Intel moves, as both know you chase the high end, and when at all possible stack on TOP of old gen, don't just force them down. HEDT anyone? Titan...You should only serve the low end if when you have high end stuck on the shelf. If you can't produce cards as fast as they sell, I wouldn't be making any card under $500 until that wasn't the case...LOL. You aren't in business to be a charity, and AMD doesn't seem to get this. It's mind boggling that AMD just released a new apu and they're only $169 or less...ROFLMAO. As Dirk Meyer said, ALWAYS produce the KING product first as it pays for all the rest and the next R&D too (80% of the profit from here remember?!?!). The low end is just salvaged parts or re-using your tech in smaller chips for the most part.

Thanks
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB (boot), Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION+ 560P
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    Right, sellers are cashing in, not AMD/NV. They are trying to verbally get them to stop, but apparently neither side can control their partners. So they both decided to try to make a special product probably to alleviate people stealing gamer cards for mining crap. You can't put your TRUE customers on hold forever, hence the mining cards with no outputs.

Mining should be over for gpu by xmas as they all move to proof of stake for quick transactions etc. You can't spend all day waiting for visa approval...LOL. Bitcoin original (and many other coins) won't work for this. I haven't looked into the bitcoin cash, but I'm guessing it's a fix for regular bitcoin not usable for transactions. There is certainly room for more than one in the market.

"Well, there's no point rushing from NVidia's perspective!"

Umm, article is pretty clear BOTH sides are trying to get cards to last longer and pushing off next gen. What do you expect, AMD is barely making a dime still. They need to quit selling to poor people first, and concentrate on HIGH MARGIN. 80% of the money is made on everything OVER $200! Look at NV profits and why they had ONLY a 1080/1070 for a year. AMD should fire management for continually pissing away profit margins. They should avoid PRICE WARS at all costs and Jen will certainly be on board with that as he has said this many times (that he doesn't understand why they are dumb enough to think they can price him to death). Don't start a price war unless you can win it! All you do is tank profits for ZERO gain. They need to copy NV/Intel moves, as both know you chase the high end, and when at all possible stack on TOP of old gen, don't just force them down. HEDT anyone? Titan...You should only serve the low end if when you have high end stuck on the shelf. If you can't produce cards as fast as they sell, I wouldn't be making any card under $500 until that wasn't the case...LOL. You aren't in business to be a charity, and AMD doesn't seem to get this. It's mind boggling that AMD just released a new apu and they're only $169 or less...ROFLMAO. As Dirk Meyer said, ALWAYS produce the KING product first as it pays for all the rest and the next R&D too (80% of the profit from here remember?!?!). The low end is just salvaged parts or re-using your tech in smaller chips for the most part.
    How did you miss ryzen? It came out like a year ago, and went high end first. Now AMD are finally filling in the bottom end, and you're complaining that AMD aren't chasing the handful of sales at the top end?

Thread Information