Thread: The Matrix to be reloaded...

Thanks

The Matrix to be reloaded...

Yes, we get to don our dark glasses and swishy black overcoats again, then put our backs out avoiding imaginary slow moving bullets...

THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO marks the second collaboration of Atari and its Shiny Entertainment development studio; the Wachowski Brothers, creators of The Matrix trilogy; and Joel Silver, producer of the trilogy. In May 2003, Atari released Enter The Matrix, a parallel timeline to THE MATRIX RELOADED and a bridge to THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, which debuted at #1 atop gaming charts around the world and has sold nearly 6 million units worldwide to date.

Set in the Matrix universe, THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO will enable players to actually play as "Neo," the central character, and relive his most important and memorable scenarios from the complete film trilogy, including the original film, THE MATRIX. Throughout the game, the path the player takes to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences will be scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers. The likenesses of all of the films' key actors -- including Keanu Reeves ("Neo"), Laurence Fishburne ("Morpheus"), Carrie-Ann Moss ("Trinity), and Hugo Weaving ("Agent Smith") -- will be featured in THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO, which will also include footage from all three feature films, as well as THE ANIMATRIX.
    So we get to play the coolest character in the films... here's hoping its better than the bug-fest that the first effort was.

For more info, follow the white rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Do you think this will be more like the matrix online (except not online!), ie turn based, or more prefereably like the 1st matrix game, but better?

Whilst I thought that enter the matrix could have been improved upon, I didn't think it was bad (like some people seem to think). Also, you say this new game is about the whole trilogy. Does this mean it follows the films exactly, or do we play bits that they didn't show?

I really hope this turns out to be a good game as I think the matrix online looks a bit rubbish right now, and I'm a big fan of the films .

Thanks
    From reading the gumph they've sent me, it looks as if it'll be a game along the lines of films...
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Flogging a dead horse?

Now a proper Everquest/WOW type matrix game could have been quite good if done properly, but a by the numbers cash in on the movies, with the only thing worth advertising being "you can play as Neo" sadly would seem to consign this one to the bargain bin..

But I suppose people will buy it regardless of whether it's any good or not..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Do you have any information on a release date or when we might see a trailier or something?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo
    Flogging a dead horse?
    Indeed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbrun
    Do you have any information on a release date or when we might see a trailier or something?
    Nah, nothing down the wire yet...

Thread Information