Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,258
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,941 times in 682 posts

    Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    A10 Fusion powered device costs as little as $299 for schools.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Editable... jimbouk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,667
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked
    211 times in 170 posts
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Core Gold GC-650
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Deja vu: https://hexus.net/mobile/news/tablet...romeos-tablet/



    No price on that one yet, but:
    A Wacom EMR stylus for natural writing, drawing, and annotating comes as standard with this slim and light device.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    84 times in 75 posts

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk View Post
    No price on that one yet, but:
    A Wacom EMR stylus for natural writing, drawing, and annotating comes as standard with this slim and light device.
    Seems the acer is going to be around £/$330, so basically you're getting the stylus, twice the storage and probably memory for free compared with the apple iPad .

    Having said that I'm not sure I'd want a chromeOS device and every time I've used an iPad it required me to do simple things in such a convoluted ways (compared with android let alone windows) I was questioning how it has the 'simple to use' bit attached to it.

    Mind you the new iPad does make me question the price of the iPad pro.... why is it like £300 more (obviously a little skewed due to extra storage) for what is essentially a slightly faster processor, more ram, a keyboard dock and a screen with less airgap

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,752
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    231 times in 167 posts

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    Mind you the new iPad does make me question the price of the iPad pro.... why is it like £300 more (obviously a little skewed due to extra storage) for what is essentially a slightly faster processor, more ram, a keyboard dock and a screen with less airgap
    pictureofindustrialcowmilking.jpg

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    I wonder if it sucks any less than other iPads, iPhones, iDevices. Isn't it a shame that Apple discontinued the one good, wildly successful device they've ever made; iPod.

  6. #6
    DDY
    DDY is offline
    Senior Member DDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Thanks
    172
    Thanked
    573 times in 399 posts
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 Corsair Vengence
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaMoot View Post
    I wonder if it sucks any less than other iPads, iPhones, iDevices. Isn't it a shame that Apple discontinued the one good, wildly successful device they've ever made; iPod.
    I would hazard a guess the IPod was discontinued because it encourages the user to listen to music that's locally stored, rather than listening via a subscription streaming service and paying for apps which I'd imagine is a significant source of revenue for Apple. I think the willingness of consumers to move to subscription streaming services is a big driver and Apple are more than happy to cater for that, considering that this approach is more financially rewarding.

    This Ipad has raised some interest for me because it has a stylus. Historically stylus tablets, digitiser type or otherwise, at this price point haven't done so well on the market and it will be interesting to see how well this Ipad does.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,282
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    128 times in 109 posts

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by DDY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMoot View Post
    I wonder if it sucks any less than other iPads, iPhones, iDevices. Isn't it a shame that Apple discontinued the one good, wildly successful device they've ever made; iPod.
    I would hazard a guess the IPod was discontinued because it encourages the user to listen to music that's locally stored, rather than listening via a subscription streaming service and paying for apps which I'd imagine is a significant source of revenue for Apple. I think the willingness of consumers to move to subscription streaming services is a big driver and Apple are more than happy to cater for that, considering that this approach is more financially rewarding.

    This Ipad has raised some interest for me because it has a stylus. Historically stylus tablets, digitiser type or otherwise, at this price point haven't done so well on the market and it will be interesting to see how well this Ipad does.
    The ipod was canned because sales tanked along with margins. Bit like the ipad, although margins are good sales have gone down for something like 3 years in a row. Thus this release. Majority of people I know have either got a tablet and a fine with it or don't want one
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Xlucine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,959
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked
    166 times in 132 posts
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB, 2TB hard disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G-550
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 70 Mb/s

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaMoot View Post
    I wonder if it sucks any less than other iPads, iPhones, iDevices. Isn't it a shame that Apple discontinued the one good, wildly successful device they've ever made; iPod.
    Smartphones killed the ipod - with most people carrying a phone that can play mp3s (or do GPS, or act as a PDA...) the market almost completely dried up overnight

  9. #9
    The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Looking down & checking on swearing
    Posts
    19,380
    Thanks
    2,892
    Thanked
    3,403 times in 2,693 posts

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaMoot View Post
    Isn't it a shame that Apple discontinued the one good, wildly successful device they've ever made; iPod.
    Hmm, I'd hardly call the iPhone a flop... Or even the iPad.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,282
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    128 times in 109 posts

    Re: Apple 9.7-inch iPad with Pencil support debuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    Smartphones killed the ipod - with most people carrying a phone that can play mp3s (or do GPS, or act as a PDA...) the market almost completely dried up overnight
    And that... if overnight is like 7 years
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •