Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5 raises US$310 million during its first week

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Far Cry 5 raises US$310 million during its first week

Better than any previous franchise release, and generating more cash than Black Panther (US).
    Read more.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Re: Far Cry 5 raises US$310 million during its first week

Glad I didn't contribute to their copy/paste/reskin for £50-£100
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    Do HEXUS readers who have played this new title think that Far Cry 5 deserves the great success it has achieved?
    Bought, played for nearly 2 hours, realised I still hate ubisofts boring copy & paste take on "open world" games, and refunded.

It's not a bad game, but its also not great..its just very average and feels like a copy & paste of FC4 with a slightly better setting but wtih all the same fundamental problems that FC4 had. Very much like most of the other games that Ubisoft have put out in recent years.

Still, brands sell as proven by many other franchises that pump out poor quality games yet sell millions of licences (looking at you COD, Assassin's Creed and well, EA in general). The problem is that if we keep buying them, they will keep making them. I am as guilty as the next at times...It's ultimately our own fault as gamers for putting up with it.

Easiest no-pain way to limit this is to just stop pre-ordering. It's not like you get any worthwhile bonus for doing so anyway (do you *really* care about that weapon skin or emote?), so why not wait for the real, non paid for reviews and make a call at that stage. I've really taken to watching Mack's reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys - I don't always agree with everything he says but he is very honest about his opinion and generally he turns out to be right about most games when you break it down.
    Last edited by Spud1; 05-04-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added preorder comment

4. Received thanks from:

mtyson (05-04-2018)

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    Do HEXUS readers who have played this new title think that Far Cry 5 deserves the great success it has achieved?
    Bought, played for nearly 2 hours, realised I still hate ubisofts boring copy & paste take on "open world" games, and refunded.

It's not a bad game, but its also not great..its just very average and feels like a copy & paste of FC4 with a slightly better setting but wtih all the same fundamental problems that FC4 had. Very much like most of the other games that Ubisoft have put out in recent years.
    Thanks - that all the info I need to avoid. Couldn't finish FC3 based on repetitiveness and this sounds more of the same. I must be getting old as I'm really hating the direction mainstream gaming is going.
    Trust

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Thanks

One can conclude that people just have too much money (or credit) and too little imagination.

btw, the screenshot of "Accolades" above listing (sponsored anti consumer) reviewers and 90%+ scores ---- thank you for a list of sites to avoid in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post

Still, brands sell as proven by many other franchises that pump out poor quality games yet sell millions of licences (looking at you COD, Assassin's Creed and well, EA in general). The problem is that if we keep buying them, they will keep making them. I am as guilty as the next at times...It's ultimately our own fault as gamers for putting up with it.

Easiest no-pain way to limit this is to just stop pre-ordering. It's not like you get any worthwhile bonus for doing so anyway (do you *really* care about that weapon skin or emote?), so why not wait for the real, non paid for reviews and make a call at that stage. I've really taken to watching Mack's reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys - I don't always agree with everything he says but he is very honest about his opinion and generally he turns out to be right about most games when you break it down.
    I do wonder sometimes who the hell buys this *rap...Ubi (and many other companies) substantially increased profit margins of their games (£100 for a game is ludicrious) so they need to sell less copies but still... I presume mostly young kids and people who rarely game and just grab something mainstream "popular" (due to marketing).

Last Ubisoft game I played was AC Syndicate. Somehow I managed to spend (waste) ~10h - probably because I live in London. But honestly I felt dirty at the end Ubisoft produces soulless and passionless products that have one and only one objective - generate money for the company. Saying that they are really good and polishing this turd - great graphics, marketing, paid reviews, new settings but essentially it's still the same hollow game(s).

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

I'll buy the complete edition for £15 at some point in the future probably.

Thanks

having not played any of the farcry franchise before, i bought this and personally have been enjoying it...it looks really good in 4k and supports sli which is what tipped me to buy it.. i can understand the copy/paste comments having looked at the other games in the past..

Thanks

*repost

Missed by us all - RIP old boy spacein_vader's Avatar
    Thanks
    • spacein_vader's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Patriot Steel DDR4 3600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1tb Sabrent Rocket NVMe (boot), 500GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Crucial MX200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon RX5700 Gaming OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765, Dell Ultrasharp U2412
      • Internet:
      • Zen Internet

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    Thanks - that all the info I need to avoid. Couldn't finish FC3 based on repetitiveness and this sounds more of the same. I must be getting old as I'm really hating the direction mainstream gaming is going.
    The beauty of PC gaming these days is that while AAA is getting narrower the gaming spectrum is getting wider. Everyone from 1 man band indies up to the tier below Ubi/EA/ActiBlizzard are finding niches and there is more choice than ever.
    [QUOTE=Moonister;3946367]Ubisoft produces soulless and passionless products that have one and only one objective - generate money for the company.[QUOTE]

All gaming companies make games for the money. That's why they're companies and don't release them as open source or freeware.

Registered+
    Thanks

I dont like to defend companies who make bad products but, in fairness to Ubisoft, they have managed to create some titles that, while initialy buggy, have gone on to being good games.
    Assassins Creed(some of them havent been horrible, but the repetitive yearly titles have been stale)
    Rainbow Six Seige (havent played but have heard many positive reviews)
    The Division (have played this myself, off and on for the last 2 years) the latest update is great and theres so much to do. Yes the missions are repetitive, but I think they got it right in the end. Looking forward to The Division 2.

The advice prior about not pre-ordering is something I have taken to heart. Age must come into it too, am definitely bored of the cookie cutter style in which most shooters are created now days...

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

I enjoyed FC3 and FC4, sure it was repetitive but I really liked the immersion and I'm sure FC5 wouldn't disappoint on that count.

While I look forward to playing FC5 one day, I'd probably wait till the Ultimate Deluxe Game-of-the-Year Special Edition comes out and drops to £15.

14. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (05-04-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandella1985 View Post
    ...and supports sli which is what tipped me to buy it..
    Supporting a buggy, obsolete and discontinued technology is what made you buy a brand new game?

Thanks

I enjoyed 3 and 4 for what they were, the stories were, errmm..I don't even remember.

I'm up for a reskin to be honest, new world, new interactions, its fun! I sink a good few hours into most FC games so although I'm not buying it just yet I certainly will do and £50 seems reasonable.

Thanks

Just ordered FC5 Gold Edition for my PS4 let's see whats got in for me.

Thanks

I started it last night, only played an hour but yup its the same formula, £57 for thr Gold edition was reasonable for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information