Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,672 times in 581 posts

    Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    Elgato Gaming is best known for its video game capture and streaming hardware products.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    I'm special azrael-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    71 times in 64 posts
    • azrael-'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8C-WS
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 3.4 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB ECC DDR3 1333 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256 GB Samsung 830, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO, 6 TB WD HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970 TurboOC 4 GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-Series 560W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 550D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 55/12 Mbit/s

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    Slightly surprising aquisition since Elgato is mostly known for their Apple products.

  3. #3
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    404 times in 333 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5820K J-batch o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    I think I may know where this is going...

    I took one quick look at the Elgato page and, being a lover of weird peripheral stuff that most people consider junk, I immediately zeroed in on that Stream Deck.
    It's a box of buttons, essentially. A TenKey pad, pretty much... but each key has a tiny LCD so you can customise it to show whatever you want. I've seen whole keyboards with this before, but they were insanely expensive.

    It's meant to be a shortcut for functions used during streaming and the like, but my first thought was mapping ship functions in Elite: Dangerous... and it has easy to use software that you Drag-&-Drop the key icons with... and they also do an icon creator app...

    So, I'm betting Corsair will start incorporating this into their keyboards, similar to how Logitech often had whole ranks of macro keys down the left side of theirs (still loving my old G19 keyboard!).

    But in case that's not the plan and I've just given away loads of cool ideas - I'd appreciate some free products in recognition, or something, ya know...?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked
    29 times in 19 posts
    • chinf's system
      • Motherboard:
      • 1: Asus M5A97 R2.0; 2: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
      • CPU:
      • 1: AMD FX-8320E, Coolermaster Seidon V120 V2; 2: AMD PhenomII X3 710, Corsair H45
      • Memory:
      • 1: 16GB ECC DDR3L-1600; 2: 16GB ECC DDR3L-1600
      • Storage:
      • 1: Sandisk SSD, 4 WD, 1 Seagate, 1 HGST, 2 Toshiba HDDs; 2: Crucial SSD, 4 Samsung HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1: HIS Radeon HD6850, Corsair H55 & NZXT G10; 2: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB
      • PSU:
      • 1: be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W; 2: Antec EA500D
      • Case:
      • 1: Antec P182; 2: Antec Sonata
      • Operating System:
      • 1: Ubuntu 15.10 & 16.04; 2: Ubuntu 16.04 & Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24" @1920x1080, Iiyama 18" CRT

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    It would be good if this leads the market to grow up from obsessing with "more bling" to "more buttons".

    It would also be good if bacon could fly straight to my door too.

  5. #5
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    404 times in 333 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5820K J-batch o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    Quote Originally Posted by chinf View Post
    It would be good if this leads the market to grow up from obsessing with "more bling" to "more buttons".
    I used to rock the whole 'more buttons' thing, but got accused of being a childish relic from the old days of gaming.... and then RGB came out and suddenly I was now a child who knew nothing of what real gaming used to be about....

    Meanwhile, there's an overriding mindset that nothing is worth it unless it operates at, or has a response time, a hundred million bazillion times faster than any human being can make use of in the first place...!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chinf View Post
    It would also be good if bacon could fly straight to my door too.
    Shoot someone outside your house, then barricade yourself inside.
    I guarantee there'll be bacon flying over your place within minutes!!!

  6. #6
    I'm special azrael-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    71 times in 64 posts
    • azrael-'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8C-WS
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 3.4 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB ECC DDR3 1333 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256 GB Samsung 830, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO, 6 TB WD HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970 TurboOC 4 GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-Series 560W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 550D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 55/12 Mbit/s

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    I think I may know where this is going...

    I took one quick look at the Elgato page and, being a lover of weird peripheral stuff that most people consider junk, I immediately zeroed in on that Stream Deck.
    It's a box of buttons, essentially. A TenKey pad, pretty much... but each key has a tiny LCD so you can customise it to show whatever you want. I've seen whole keyboards with this before, but they were insanely expensive.

    It's meant to be a shortcut for functions used during streaming and the like, but my first thought was mapping ship functions in Elite: Dangerous... and it has easy to use software that you Drag-&-Drop the key icons with... and they also do an icon creator app...

    So, I'm betting Corsair will start incorporating this into their keyboards, similar to how Logitech often had whole ranks of macro keys down the left side of theirs (still loving my old G19 keyboard!).

    But in case that's not the plan and I've just given away loads of cool ideas - I'd appreciate some free products in recognition, or something, ya know...?
    You're of course thinking about the Art Lebedev keyboards. Which are mostly vapourware...

  7. #7
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    404 times in 333 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5820K J-batch o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    Quote Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
    You're of course thinking about the Art Lebedev keyboards. Which are mostly vapourware...
    Similar to, yes. The ones I saw looked somewhat different, and were available for sale at one stage in actual retailers, rather than just their own site, though.

  8. #8
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    • deepblue08's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K @ 4.2 + Noctua D15
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB @ 3000mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Crucial MX500 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro
      • Internet:
      • DSL 50D/10U

    Re: Corsair acquires Munich-based Elgato Gaming

    Quote Originally Posted by chinf View Post
    It would be good if this leads the market to grow up from obsessing with "more bling" to "more buttons".

    It would also be good if bacon could fly straight to my door too.
    Just you wait, Amazon's drone delivery priority list looks like this:
    1) Life Saving Drugs
    2) Bacon
    3) Essentials

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •