Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 17

Thread: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,277
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,680 times in 584 posts

    AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Other than the IPS panel, the new Q3279VWFD8 is the same as the Q3279VWF we reviewed.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Now 100% Apple free cheesemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near the New forest
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    137 times in 95 posts
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Crucial Ballastix Elite DDR3 @1866
      • Storage:
      • 64Gb M4 + 240Gb arc100 + 2x500Gb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W Semi modular
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source S340 Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~30Mb

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Loving my Q3279VWF which I picked up recently. Be interested to see how this compares with blacks/light bleed which the MVA panel should be better at handling. Not going to complain either way as I got mine as an open box deal (from Amazon for £175) which was a bit of a bargain for such a large detailed screen... Would definitely recommend as an all round screen.
    Trust

    Laptop : Lenovo G505s A8-5550m 8Gb 240Gb SSD Radeon HD 8550G + Radeon HD 8570M dual graphics

  3. #3
    Welcome to stampytown! Salazaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    4,398
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked
    350 times in 251 posts

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    Loving my Q3279VWF which I picked up recently. Be interested to see how this compares with blacks/light bleed which the MVA panel should be better at handling. Not going to complain either way as I got mine as an open box deal (from Amazon for £175) which was a bit of a bargain for such a large detailed screen... Would definitely recommend as an all round screen.
    Got to agree with this. Had mine since just before Christmas and I've been very happy with it for a bit of light gaming and web browsing. It's not going to beat more expensive monitors in terms of pure performance but for the price it's excellent value.
    ____
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  4. #4
    Evil Monkey! MrJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,696
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    261 times in 202 posts
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3570K 'Ivybridge'
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence LP
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2 x 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1070 Amp 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-660
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-02 Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • 72mb/s fibre

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Does anyone know if this monitor supports HDCP content protection for DVD & Blu-Ray? I tried looking on the AOC website & couldn't any reference to it?

    Edit!

    Found the manual for the monitor, but there's no reference to HDCP, so I'm guessing it doesn't support it
    Last edited by MrJim; 17-07-2018 at 05:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    428
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    15 times in 14 posts

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    No VESA mounting

  6. #6
    Ryzen Master race outwar6010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Londinium
    Posts
    1,794
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked
    197 times in 134 posts
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ Stock
      • Memory:
      • Team Group Dark Pro Edition 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHZ
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Aorus 1080
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster cosmos 2
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    Does anyone know if this monitor supports HDCP content protection for DVD & Blu-Ray? I tried looking on the AOC website & couldn't any reference to it?

    Edit!

    Found the manual for the monitor, but there's no reference to HDCP, so I'm guessing it doesn't support it
    Isn't that stuff tied to whatever hdmi or dp version it has?
    Facts don't exist, only interpretations.


  7. #7
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    8,941
    Thanks
    408
    Thanked
    885 times in 755 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5A-97 EVO R2.0
      • CPU:
      • FX-8350
      • Memory:
      • 16GB ECC 1333
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Linux, 1TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 28 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by outwar6010 View Post
    Isn't that stuff tied to whatever hdmi or dp version it has?
    Not quite. They are layered, so you need the latest HDMI to have the latest hdcp keys installed, but you don't need to have the keys.

    However, I can't imagine someone launching a monitor where you can't watch the odd film on it.

  8. #8
    Evil Monkey! MrJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,696
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    261 times in 202 posts
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3570K 'Ivybridge'
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence LP
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2 x 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1070 Amp 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-660
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-02 Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • 72mb/s fibre

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Not quite. They are layered, so you need the latest HDMI to have the latest hdcp keys installed, but you don't need to have the keys.

    However, I can't imagine someone launching a monitor where you can't watch the odd film on it.
    You would think so, but there's absolutely no mention of it either on the product website or the instruction manual. I'll try contacting their support & see what they say...

  9. #9
    Admin Team peterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,157
    Thanks
    2,480
    Thanked
    3,024 times in 2,414 posts
    • peterb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Nascom 2
      • CPU:
      • Z80B
      • Memory:
      • 48K 8 bit memory on separate card
      • Storage:
      • Audio cassette tape - home built 5.25" floppy drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • text output (composite video)
      • PSU:
      • Home built
      • Case:
      • Home built
      • Operating System:
      • Nas-sys
      • Monitor(s):
      • 12" monocrome composite video input
      • Internet:
      • No networking capability on this machine

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    You would think so, but there's absolutely no mention of it either on the product website or the instruction manual. I'll try contacting their support & see what they say...
    I'd be surprised if it doesn't - usually it is exceptions that are noted - and it is usually recording equipment where HDCP kicks in to prevent copying.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

  10. #10
    Now 100% Apple free cheesemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near the New forest
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    137 times in 95 posts
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Crucial Ballastix Elite DDR3 @1866
      • Storage:
      • 64Gb M4 + 240Gb arc100 + 2x500Gb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W Semi modular
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source S340 Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~30Mb

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    I'll see if I can check the HDCP on the old model I have tonight. I assume you're interested in DP and HDMI? I'm sure I saw something about HDCP on the AMD control panel but i'll need to check... I'll have to use my PS3 with a bluray for the HDMI as the Nintendo switch I also have plugged into it (using HDCP compliant HDMI switch) doesn't do HDCP that I know. Just need to find a bluray!!!
    Trust

    Laptop : Lenovo G505s A8-5550m 8Gb 240Gb SSD Radeon HD 8550G + Radeon HD 8570M dual graphics

  11. #11
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    8,941
    Thanks
    408
    Thanked
    885 times in 755 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5A-97 EVO R2.0
      • CPU:
      • FX-8350
      • Memory:
      • 16GB ECC 1333
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Linux, 1TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 28 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I'd be surprised if it doesn't - usually it is exceptions that are noted - and it is usually recording equipment where HDCP kicks in to prevent copying.
    But playback devices should drop back to low quality SD if they cannot verify what they are playing into just in case it is a recording device.

    Why can't people just play nice, it's all very stupid.

  12. #12
    Evil Monkey! MrJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,696
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    261 times in 202 posts
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3570K 'Ivybridge'
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence LP
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2 x 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1070 Amp 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-660
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-02 Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • 72mb/s fibre

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    I'll see if I can check the HDCP on the old model I have tonight. I assume you're interested in DP and HDMI? I'm sure I saw something about HDCP on the AMD control panel but i'll need to check... I'll have to use my PS3 with a bluray for the HDMI as the Nintendo switch I also have plugged into it (using HDCP compliant HDMI switch) doesn't do HDCP that I know. Just need to find a bluray!!!
    It's HDCP over HDMI that I'm interested in, ideally both for DVD and Blu-ray. Thanks for checking, if you can

  13. #13
    Now 100% Apple free cheesemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near the New forest
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    137 times in 95 posts
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Crucial Ballastix Elite DDR3 @1866
      • Storage:
      • 64Gb M4 + 240Gb arc100 + 2x500Gb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W Semi modular
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source S340 Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~30Mb

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    It's HDCP over HDMI that I'm interested in, ideally both for DVD and Blu-ray. Thanks for checking, if you can

    Sorry MrJim - Can't find a bluray (probably all in the loft now!) but did plug my PC into both HDMI and DP. Running the Cyberlink and Arcsoft Bluray system compatibility checker gives good results for HDMI. For DP it looks like Arcsoft doesn't recognise DP. I've taken some rough screen shots here to confirm: https://imgur.com/a/58H8wVm

    I was trying to upload at original res but it failed for some reason... If I can run any other checks with the limited inputs I've got please shout. Unfortunately I don't appear to have 4k netflix anymore (I'm sure I used to get it). I also don't think I can get 4k Amazon prime on PC (correct me if I'm wrong).

    Edit: I do still have 4k netflix. No idea why it won't even show it as an option in Win10 app...
    Last edited by cheesemp; 18-07-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    Trust

    Laptop : Lenovo G505s A8-5550m 8Gb 240Gb SSD Radeon HD 8550G + Radeon HD 8570M dual graphics

  14. Received thanks from:

    MrJim (19-07-2018)

  15. #14
    Evil Monkey! MrJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,696
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    261 times in 202 posts
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3570K 'Ivybridge'
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence LP
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2 x 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1070 Amp 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-660
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-02 Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • 72mb/s fibre

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    Sorry MrJim - Can't find a bluray (probably all in the loft now!) but did plug my PC into both HDMI and DP. Running the Cyberlink and Arcsoft Bluray system compatibility checker gives good results for HDMI. For DP it looks like Arcsoft doesn't recognise DP. I've taken some rough screen shots here to confirm: https://imgur.com/a/58H8wVm

    I was trying to upload at original res but it failed for some reason... If I can run any other checks with the limited inputs I've got please shout. Unfortunately I don't appear to have 4k netflix anymore (I'm sure I used to get it). I also don't think I can get 4k Amazon prime on PC (correct me if I'm wrong).

    Edit: I do still have 4k netflix. No idea why it won't even show it as an option in Win10 app...
    Thanks very much for going to so much trouble! So the odds are good that it does at least have HDCP for DVD anyway.

    I've emailed AOC support about the issue so hopefully they'll get back to me. Thanks again for the help!
    Last edited by MrJim; 19-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Can you please give me its expected price??? This monitor seems good..

  17. #16
    Evil Monkey! MrJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,696
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    261 times in 202 posts
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3570K 'Ivybridge'
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence LP
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2 x 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1070 Amp 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-660
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-02 Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • 72mb/s fibre

    Re: AOC launches 31.5-inch QHD IPS monitor with FreeSync

    Quote Originally Posted by davidsmith3988 View Post
    Can you please give me its expected price??? This monitor seems good..
    At the end of the Hexus article:

    If you like what you have read about the new AOC Q3279VWFD8, we are told that the monitor will become available in the UK sometime this month and be sold at or around an MSRP of £219. Buyers get a three year warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •