Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Division 2 PC features and system requirements shared

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

The Division 2 PC features and system requirements shared

Recommends an AMD Radeon VII or Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti for For 'Elite 4K 60fps'.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Re: The Division 2 PC features and system requirements shared

I might have been interested in this as the first one was fun enough with friends...but they have decided to not launch this on steam, instead pushing it out via Epic's launcher (and of course, uplay).

Poor decision and I won't be purchasing as a result. No desire to install yet another junk launcher.

Thanks

So you would deprive yourself of what could be a great game just because you would have to install UPlay, a launcher that will sit idle unless you run it.
    You had better get used to game launchers outside of the steam platform as these will only grow in number.
    So far I have Bethesda, Steam and UPlay.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    I might have been interested in this as the first one was fun enough with friends...but they have decided to not launch this on steam, instead pushing it out via Epic's launcher (and of course, uplay).

Poor decision and I won't be purchasing as a result. No desire to install yet another junk launcher.
    This winds me up no end. I hate having to mess around with these launcher programs with their adverts, points, passwords, updates, etc. Frankly, these things are just another reason to pirate as it's easier to play a version that has been cracked.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    So you would deprive yourself of what could be a great game just because you would have to install UPlay
    I'll deprive myself of this game because of the obnoxious micro-transactions that Ubisoft like to push in their games now

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

So you would deprive yourself of what could be a great game just because you would have to install UPlay, a launcher that will sit idle unless you run it.
    Yes. I don't want to support this particular anti competitive practice....which is what it is. If they launched on all the popular launchers then fine, thats good for consumers and for publshers, and encourages competition. Launching only on a specifc set of the least popular launchers? No thank you. A game has to be *really* special for that and whilst the division 2 may be a good game...its not quite special enough.

I can always just buy it on my xbox a few months after launch and skip the whole issue

Registered+
    Thanks
    • tweake628's system
      • CPU:
      • I7 7700HQ
      • Memory:
      • DDR4 2400 16 GIGS
      • Storage:
      • 1 TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD RX580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • 230 WATT
      • Case:
      • 17 INCH OMEN LAPTOP
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 17 inch 1080

I never know where I land in the cpu range with a i7-7700hq not bitching so far its been a awesome cpu and with a rx580 8gig its been playing all the games I try mostly max settings at 1080

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Sad but true.

I have got to have Steam for some games, Epic thingumy for Subnautica and some other thingy for BFV

It's a real shame. I turn each off after every game as the overheads with all 3 running are daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe SSD, Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 2 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 XTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p 60hz AOC q2778vqe
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 380Mb (Fibre Optic)

Glad it isn't appearing to be yet another bad ubisoft console port (if they keep that up I might start playing their games again) but I am a little sceptical about it physically requiring 11GB VRAM other than the fact this is obviously an AMD optimised game. If the 1070 can pull 1440p then surely a 1080Ti/2080 would do 4K despite what they say, this smacks of an attempt to hide the fact Radeon VII has similar performance to a 2080 even though it has HBM2 and is on 7nm, it seems to me they are deliberately trying to make the new Radeon look better than it really is.

Thanks

You do understand their reasoning behind this?

On Steam, publisher gives 30% to Valve. On Epic, they give 12%. When you plan to sell in millions, that is huge difference.

Game price 60 bucks:
    On Steam, they get 42.
    On Epic, they get 52.8

For 100'000 copies, that is already of 1'080'000 more gain.

Yes. I don't want to support this particular anti competitive practice....which is what it is. If they launched on all the popular launchers then fine, thats good for consumers and for publshers, and encourages competition. Launching only on a specifc set of the least popular launchers? No thank you. A game has to be *really* special for that and whilst the division 2 may be a good game...its not quite special enough.

I can always just buy it on my xbox a few months after launch and skip the whole issue
    The more you live, less you die. More you play, more you die. Isn't it great.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

You could just get it from Uplay, and ignore the Epic exclusive....

Quote Originally Posted by frozen-monkey View Post
    I'll deprive myself of this game because of the obnoxious micro-transactions that Ubisoft like to push in their games now
    Actually, The Division didn't even launch with micro-transactions in-game, that was added later on and limited to cosmetics, of which a large portion could be earned through game play for free.

Yes. I don't want to support this particular anti competitive practice....which is what it is. If they launched on all the popular launchers then fine, thats good for consumers and for publshers, and encourages competition.
    I agree with this sentiment completely. It shouldn't be exclusive to any particular digital storefront, the only reason I can see behind this is Epic have paid them for this and future titles. It detracts from the choice of consumers, who may have preferences. I'd have got this on Steam like the first one, however I have it on Uplay now. There is no way on earth I'm touching the Epic store.

-Steam
    -Uplay
    -Battlenet.
    -Origin.

That's more than enough for me, I'd prefer it to be just Steam and Battlenet, it's why I rarely buy anything from EA now and likely going to be the same for Ubisoft after this title.

Registered+
    Thanks

technically UPlay is installed on your PC too, as every game you launch thats owned by Ubisoft... goes through UPlay auth... havent you noticed that when you start the game Steam starts UPlay? then the game?.

So in my case I wouldnt mind UPlay but I would not install Epic as the method will still be the same anyway... but I do prefer the game on Steam, ONE LIBRARY on ONE PLATFORM... having it on multiple is just stupid

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darcotech View Post
    You do understand their reasoning behind this?

On Steam, publisher gives 30% to Valve. On Epic, they give 12%. When you plan to sell in millions, that is huge difference.

Game price 60 bucks:
    On Steam, they get 42.
    On Epic, they get 52.8

For 100'000 copies, that is already of 1'080'000 more gain.

Valve do take 30% from the start but as you sell more valve's take becomes smaller, as per their changes in regards to profit as long as the game meets the criteria... then the developers get a larger cut than 70% to 80%? still 20% take tho... unlike Epic's 12% and i think valve took too long to adjust and lost alot of market share already to such as Origin..

Per Valve:
    It is based on this that we have established new revenue sharing intervals for games that reach different income levels. From October 1, 2018 (that is, revenues before this date are not included), if the game earns more than $10 million in revenue on Steam, then the game’s revenue exceeds $10 million. The ratio is adjusted to 75%/25%. If the income exceeds 50 million US dollars, the proportion of the income exceeding US$50 million is adjusted to 80%/20%. Revenues from game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and community market game fees are included. We hope that this change will reward the positive impact of large game developers on Steam and further integrate their interests with Steam and the community.

Registered+
    Thanks

I have to agree, choice is being taken away and we are locked into a more and more noncompetitive world. This needs to be looked into as this is starting down the road where we actually do not even own the game.

Registered+
    Thanks

I thought I would give The Division 1 a try as it looked interesting. Downloaded the demo and was informed that I needed Uplay. That was when the fun started.
    I have spent two days trying to get a Uplay account.
    When I try and set up the account all I get is a "please wait" screen which after an hour I gave up on.
    When I try and log in with Uplay on my pc I get told that I should log in online first.
    When I try to log in online it tells me that my username/password is incorrect.
    So I try and create an account again only to be told that my chosen username is now in use but I cannot log in (see line above).
    So for me personally Uplay is a non-starter. They seem not to want my business.
    I guess The Division is not for me.
    Their loss as I like the look of the game.

Missed by us all - RIP old boy spacein_vader's Avatar
    Thanks
    • spacein_vader's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Patriot Steel DDR4 3600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1tb Sabrent Rocket NVMe (boot), 500GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Crucial MX200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon RX5700 Gaming OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765, Dell Ultrasharp U2412
      • Internet:
      • Zen Internet

Quote Originally Posted by vMax65 View Post
    I have to agree, choice is being taken away and we are locked into a more and more noncompetitive world. This needs to be looked into as this is starting down the road where we actually do not even own the game.
    You never have. All you own is a licence to play it. That's always been the case even with boxed copies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information