Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,621
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,705 times in 591 posts

    Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    The four devices pack the 7nm Kirin 980 with Cortex-A76 based CPU and Mali-G76 GPU.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Wow and i thought Apple is trend maker, 2100 euro for a phone, sheesh.

    EDIT: Now i see more clearly, this is without VAT, put another 20% VAT (most EU countries have) and you get 2500 EURO. OMG this is insane, this has to stop....

  3. #3
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,454 times in 3,440 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Meh. The only interesting thing is that the camera focal lengths seem to be more useful IMHO than some similar phones.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MOMBASA
    Posts
    816
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    20 times in 19 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    ..."better portable gaming machine with only gaming pad on one side."...Give-Me-A-Break !!!

  5. #5
    “High End” Admin peterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,665
    Thanks
    2,604
    Thanked
    3,152 times in 2,507 posts
    • peterb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Nascom 2
      • CPU:
      • Z80B
      • Memory:
      • 48K 8 bit memory on separate card
      • Storage:
      • Audio cassette tape - home built 5.25" floppy drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • text output (composite video)
      • PSU:
      • Home built
      • Case:
      • Home built
      • Operating System:
      • Nas-sys
      • Monitor(s):
      • 12" monocrome composite video input
      • Internet:
      • No networking capability on this machine

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    But still only one notch
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

  6. #6
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    781
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    149 times in 110 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    But still only one notch
    Soon, when phones require more than one mortgage to purchase, we shall have ALL THE NOTCHES! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    25 times in 20 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Like the idea of the 7.2 inch Mate 20X, good price for a mid-ranger which can double up as a small tablet.
    Be nice to see it side by side with the old 7 inch Nexus tablet.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    62 times in 54 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven74 View Post
    Wow and i thought Apple is trend maker, 2100 euro for a phone, sheesh.

    EDIT: Now i see more clearly, this is without VAT, put another 20% VAT (most EU countries have) and you get 2500 EURO. OMG this is insane, this has to stop....
    You're paying for the 'porsche design' name, for some reason that design studio feels they can add an excessive markup onto a existing product for what is essentially a small spec bump and a different backplate to the phone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    25 times in 20 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    You're paying for the 'porsche design' name, for some reason that design studio feels they can add an excessive markup onto a existing product for what is essentially a small spec bump and a different backplate to the phone.
    If it was "Victoria Beckham design" you would be straight in there with an extra grand or two.

  10. #10
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    781
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    149 times in 110 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Myss_tree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    You're paying for the 'porsche design' name, for some reason that design studio feels they can add an excessive markup onto a existing product for what is essentially a small spec bump and a different backplate to the phone.
    If it was "Victoria Beckham design" you would be straight in there with an extra grand or two.
    I'd be straight in there with a sick bag.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    32 times in 24 posts
    • rob4001's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z97
      • CPU:
      • Xeon 1231 v3
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 256GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980
      • PSU:
      • Sliverstone 500w SFX-L
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG13 mitx
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Comcast 75MB

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    wow google and Chinese spyware and a price premium and apple get pounded about their price. Also you can download all your data from apple as of today. Can you do that with the great ad company? How is that special Chinese search engine going? Will you be able to get results of Tiananmen Square 1989?

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven74 View Post
    Wow and i thought Apple is trend maker, 2100 euro for a phone, sheesh.

    EDIT: Now i see more clearly, this is without VAT, put another 20% VAT (most EU countries have) and you get 2500 EURO. OMG this is insane, this has to stop....
    Well you can preoder the pro for 900 quid including VAT, so those prices would appear to be slightly high, and include VAT. They are however still VERY high.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    25 times in 20 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Myss_tree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    You're paying for the 'porsche design' name, for some reason that design studio feels they can add an excessive markup onto a existing product for what is essentially a small spec bump and a different backplate to the phone.
    If it was "Victoria Beckham design" you would be straight in there with an extra grand or two.
    I'd be straight in there with a sick bag.
    Designer?

  14. #14
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    781
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    149 times in 110 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Myss_tree View Post
    Designer?
    Boom.

  15. #15
    Registered+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    5 times in 5 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Quote Originally Posted by rob4001 View Post
    wow google and Chinese spyware and a price premium and apple get pounded about their price. Also you can download all your data from apple as of today. Can you do that with the great ad company? How is that special Chinese search engine going? Will you be able to get results of Tiananmen Square 1989?
    I hate to break you China hat, but pretty certain, that how you connect to the internet, either mobile, or via broadband runs through Chinese hardware provided by Huawei.

    The difference is, Apple have access to all of the tech from this phone, yet hold it back for an incremental update to keep people buying.

    My only concern is the fingerprint scanner, but shall find out tonight at the launch party

  16. #16
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Huawei Mate 20 Series smartphones launched

    Another Chinese Co selling phones that have spying processors embedded in the motherboard.
    I say no thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •