Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Claims this fanless Intel Celeron powered hybrid storage device is the "Ultimate Home NAS".
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,385
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked
    304 times in 221 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    A 10GbE port on a home commercial targeted device, you had my interest now you have my attention. 10GbE becoming mainstream inthe home would be fab!

  3. #3
    HEXUS.timelord. Zak33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I'm a Jessie
    Posts
    35,172
    Thanks
    3,120
    Thanked
    3,160 times in 1,920 posts
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    thats a beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    thats a beauty
    And price go with it in one hand that nice and shining GTX 2080 or this LoL
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 30-11-2018 at 04:03 PM.

  5. #5
    ETR316
    Guest

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    impressive

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    26 times in 15 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Impressive?

    It would be if they are selling it for 200 and not 630 on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by ETR316 View Post
    impressive
    The more you live, less you die. More you play, more you die. Isn't it great.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Quote Originally Posted by darcotech View Post
    Impressive?

    It would be if they are selling it for 200 and not 630 on sale.
    No now this option is Impressive
    $120 Asrock J5005-ITX and has Hardware Transcoder and has PCIe slot
    $56 G.SKILL DDR4 2400 Ripjaws Series (2x4GB) 8GB Ram
    $35 Samsung 128GB FIT Plus USB for OS
    $480 4x Seagate 4TB BarraCuda
    $99 Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD or a $150 SiliconDust HomeRun Connect Quatro HDHR5-4US
    $28 ARK WT02 Black Mini ITX Server Case with 250W Power Supply
    $81 ToughArmor MB607SP-B Rugged Full Metal 4 Bay 2.5" SATA HDD & SSD Backplane Cage for External 5.25" Bay
    The reason for the Icy dock below is becuases it only that can except 15mm thick dirve in one 5.25 bay and you eazy add 3TB, 4TB or even 5TB drive

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    26 times in 15 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Yes, but their price is without HDs, so you see what you can build with that money.

    If I could find the software Qnap is using or the one from Asustor , I could built a beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darcotech View Post
    Impressive?

    It would be if they are selling it for 200 and not 630 on sale.
    No now this option is Impressive
    $120 Asrock J5005-ITX and has Hardware Transcoder and has PCIe slot
    $56 G.SKILL DDR4 2400 Ripjaws Series (2x4GB) 8GB Ram
    $35 Samsung 128GB FIT Plus USB for OS
    $480 4x Seagate 4TB BarraCuda
    $99 Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD or a $150 SiliconDust HomeRun Connect Quatro HDHR5-4US
    $28 ARK WT02 Black Mini ITX Server Case with 250W Power Supply
    $81 ToughArmor MB607SP-B Rugged Full Metal 4 Bay 2.5" SATA HDD & SSD Backplane Cage for External 5.25" Bay
    The reason for the Icy dock below is becuases it only that can except 15mm thick dirve in one 5.25 bay and you eazy add 3TB, 4TB or even 5TB drive
    The more you live, less you die. More you play, more you die. Isn't it great.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Quote Originally Posted by darcotech View Post
    Yes, but their price is without HDs, so you see what you can build with that money.

    If I could find the software Qnap is using or the one from Asustor , I could built a beast.
    I don't like those kind of NAS when they go down you SOL in let say 3 to 5 years from now you have fine used parts which end up cost more vs the off shelf parts
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 30-11-2018 at 11:00 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Just checked the price of a 10Gb switch and router

  11. #11
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    12,631
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked
    1,485 times in 1,252 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 35 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Quote Originally Posted by r86x View Post
    Just checked the price of a 10Gb switch and router
    Annoying isn't it? Yet that is old news compared to 25, 40, 50 and 100 Gb standards. I don't get why the network port on a PC is so much slower than the SATA, USB, PCIe, HDMI and Displayport connectors. Really, it's the slowest port on modern PCs.

  12. #12
    Missed by us all - RIP old boy spacein_vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Darkest Northamptonshire
    Posts
    2,015
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked
    1,086 times in 410 posts
    • spacein_vader's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Patriot Steel DDR4 3600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1tb Sabrent Rocket NVMe (boot), 500GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Crucial MX200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon RX5700 Gaming OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765, Dell Ultrasharp U2412
      • Internet:
      • Zen Internet

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Annoying isn't it? Yet that is old news compared to 25, 40, 50 and 100 Gb standards. I don't get why the network port on a PC is so much slower than the SATA, USB, PCIe, HDMI and Displayport connectors. Really, it's the slowest port on modern PCs.
    Certainly for home users I figure they assume the only use for it is likely for connecting to the internet rather than an internal LAN. Until recently the chance of a home user having internet faster than a 1gig ethernet port could handle was virtually zero. It's still pretty low now.

    Doesn't excuse corporate pcs though.

  13. #13
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    12,631
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked
    1,485 times in 1,252 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 35 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    But these days WiFi access points are peaking at over 1Gbit/s, so only a matter of time before they can average over 1Gb/s. Could do with a consumer friendly way of plugging them in.

    There is an ASUS network card that is 10GbE over copper, but the killer is switches. There were supposed to be switches costing $30 per port by now, but have yet to see any. £150 for a 5 port switch would hardly be impulse purchase, but I could be tempted at that price.

    Edit: ATM the only option for switches is something with only 2 fast ports and some 1GbE ports like: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-XG-U20...dp/B01NCT21GL/
    Last edited by DanceswithUnix; 01-12-2018 at 04:51 PM.

  14. #14
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: Qnap launches the HS-453DX Silent NAS

    With the use of SSDs it will truly silent, looks impressive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •