Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,911
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,865 times in 638 posts

    AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Coming in H2 2019, in the wake of the launch of 3rd Gen Ryzen desktop processors.
    Read more.

  2. Received thanks from:

    Tunnah (07-03-2019)

  3. #2
    IQ: 1.42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    old trafford
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked
    80 times in 70 posts
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 PRO
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2700K
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    New desktop Ryzen can't come soon enough. I've got a lot of legs out of Sandy Bridge, first as a 2500, then upgraded to a 2700K, but I'm finally at a point where the CPU is unable to hit 60fps no matter the settings on more than a few games. I'm genuinely excited for it too, as the performance boost is going to be significant. I'm generally not a fan of upgrading the backbone (CPU/mobo/RAM) as the performance gain is non-existent in 'real world' stakes, especially considering the cost involved, it's always been way better to put in a new GPU. Being at a point where I'll get GPU-level gains from a CPU is kinda exciting!

    Hopefully the pricing stays similar and I'll get some change out of 500 quid, although I reckon it'll end up closer to 600

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    16 times in 16 posts

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    New desktop Ryzen can't come soon enough. I've got a lot of legs out of Sandy Bridge, first as a 2500, then upgraded to a 2700K, but I'm finally at a point where the CPU is unable to hit 60fps no matter the settings on more than a few games. I'm genuinely excited for it too, as the performance boost is going to be significant. I'm generally not a fan of upgrading the backbone (CPU/mobo/RAM) as the performance gain is non-existent in 'real world' stakes, especially considering the cost involved, it's always been way better to put in a new GPU. Being at a point where I'll get GPU-level gains from a CPU is kinda exciting!

    Hopefully the pricing stays similar and I'll get some change out of 500 quid, although I reckon it'll end up closer to 600
    I'm kind in the same situation (2600k) but if you can't hit 60 fps no matter the settings, that is most likely a GPU issue.

  5. Received thanks from:

    Tunnah (07-03-2019)

  6. #4
    IQ: 1.42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    old trafford
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked
    80 times in 70 posts
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 PRO
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2700K
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLatino View Post
    I'm kind in the same situation (2600k) but if you can't hit 60 fps no matter the settings, that is most likely a GPU issue.
    I mean in the sense of, I can't hit 60fps no matter what settings I lower, which shows it's the CPU that's the bottleneck. As in, the game could look like donkey doodoo, and the resolution can be turned down, but the CPU side of the game's work is more than my chip can handle. My GPU is having a leisurely day, barely spinning up, while my CPU is breaking a hardcore sweat.

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked
    16 times in 14 posts
    • afiretruck's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X399 Designare Ex
      • CPU:
      • AMD Threadripper 1900X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 32GB 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x Intel 900p 280GB+ 3x 250GB NVMe SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX Vega 64 x2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RMi 850
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R6
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 + Linux Mint 19
      • Monitor(s):
      • 4k something-or-other.

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    ... while my CPU is breaking a hardcore sweat.
    Poor CPU. It's In its retirement years and it's being pummeled into the ground

  8. Received thanks from:

    Tunnah (07-03-2019)

  9. #6
    IQ: 1.42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    old trafford
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked
    80 times in 70 posts
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 PRO
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2700K
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Quote Originally Posted by afiretruck View Post
    Poor CPU. It's In its retirement years and it's being pummeled into the ground
    It's OK I pipe "Eye Of The Tiger" through the internal speaker. It's mostly beeping gibberish, but I think it gets it.

  10. Received thanks from:

    afiretruck (07-03-2019),Corky34 (07-03-2019)

  11. #7
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7 times in 6 posts

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLatino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    New desktop Ryzen can't come soon enough. I've got a lot of legs out of Sandy Bridge, first as a 2500, then upgraded to a 2700K, but I'm finally at a point where the CPU is unable to hit 60fps no matter the settings on more than a few games. I'm genuinely excited for it too, as the performance boost is going to be significant. I'm generally not a fan of upgrading the backbone (CPU/mobo/RAM) as the performance gain is non-existent in 'real world' stakes, especially considering the cost involved, it's always been way better to put in a new GPU. Being at a point where I'll get GPU-level gains from a CPU is kinda exciting!

    Hopefully the pricing stays similar and I'll get some change out of 500 quid, although I reckon it'll end up closer to 600
    I'm kind in the same situation (2600k) but if you can't hit 60 fps no matter the settings, that is most likely a GPU issue.
    I had a 2600k with 16gb ram and swapped it for a 2700x, 16gb ram @3200CL15, Asus 370 strix gaming. I can confirm the strix 1070ti was being held back by the CPU, what Tunnah said is correct.

  12. Received thanks from:

    Tunnah (07-03-2019)

  13. #8
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,458
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked
    255 times in 184 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Quote Originally Posted by Glyce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLatino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    New desktop Ryzen can't come soon enough. I've got a lot of legs out of Sandy Bridge, first as a 2500, then upgraded to a 2700K, but I'm finally at a point where the CPU is unable to hit 60fps no matter the settings on more than a few games. I'm genuinely excited for it too, as the performance boost is going to be significant. I'm generally not a fan of upgrading the backbone (CPU/mobo/RAM) as the performance gain is non-existent in 'real world' stakes, especially considering the cost involved, it's always been way better to put in a new GPU. Being at a point where I'll get GPU-level gains from a CPU is kinda exciting!

    Hopefully the pricing stays similar and I'll get some change out of 500 quid, although I reckon it'll end up closer to 600
    I'm kind in the same situation (2600k) but if you can't hit 60 fps no matter the settings, that is most likely a GPU issue.
    I had a 2600k with 16gb ram and swapped it for a 2700x, 16gb ram @3200CL15, Asus 370 strix gaming. I can confirm the strix 1070ti was being held back by the CPU, what Tunnah said is correct.
    I have been on Facebook protesting against a new housing estate by declaring the required land to be the property of the Greater Crested Newt Ethnostate.

    I may have started drinking early.

    What was that about CPUs?

  14. #9
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: AMD adds 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper to 2019 roadmap

    Hope the price will be the same. It is still a good CPU for this money!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •