Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,330
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,845 times in 628 posts

    Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    And the Dell XPS 13, 15 and 17 laptop roadmap to Q4 2021 is shared by the same source.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    22 times in 16 posts
    • Bagpuss's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4690K @ 4.6Ghz (1.25vlts)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB HyperX DDR3 2133Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1x256GB SSD 1x3TB 1x2TB 7200rpm Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Black Edition
      • PSU:
      • Superflower Leadex 650w Gold
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG279Q 165Hz Gsync
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Fibre 350Mbit

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    So how will a 8c16t Comet lake part differ from the current 8c16t 9900K and will they still use Z390 boards, or will there even be an 8c 16t part? Presumably the 9900K replacement will be an upgrade to a 10c 20t part and if so, does that mean the replacement for the 9700K will still have only 8c or will they reintroduce hyper threading to make the 9700 replacement an 8c 16t CPU?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 30-04-2019 at 10:42 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    19 times in 10 posts

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Comets sound like disaster that can fall on the planet...hmmm
    The more you live, less you die. More you play, more you die. Isn't it great.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    • deepblue08's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K @ 4.2 + Noctua D15
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB @ 3000mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Crucial MX500 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro
      • Internet:
      • DSL 50D/10U

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Will Intel (Dinosaur) survive this comet?

  5. #5
    Long Time Lurker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    17 times in 16 posts
    • mercyground's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UDP4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.2ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 160gb intel SSD + 3TB of HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4770 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Akaska 550w
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG M1917TM
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Fibre

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    only 10mn will be ultraportable laptop chips of 2 and 4 core. No desktop chips before 2022, limited laptop release this year. (so a few possibly cherry picked chips that might work) and the rest in 2020.

    FUBAR doesnt even begin to cover how screwed Intel is over this. Massive price hikes on anything that works coming out too to stop demand dead. The new Xeons are stupidly priced because they cannot produce enough. They are even selling dead igfx chips as cpus with no onboard gfx cos its fused off in an attempt to fill what gaps they can.

    AMD is having a field day at present. Dell and HP are actively advertising and pushing Ryzen laptops. I about fell out my chair seeing those adverts over easter.

    oh and Nvidia cant be too happy either given less intel chips means less laptops with nvidia chips in as well.

    Roll on Computex and Zen2.
    Last edited by mercyground; 30-04-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Computex not CES

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    25 times in 19 posts
    • atemporal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell ownbrand
      • CPU:
      • i5-2500
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 160GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • you're kidding right?
      • PSU:
      • 300W OEM Dell
      • Case:
      • Dell Optiplex 990
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Some small 17" dell thing
      • Internet:
      • yes I has the internet

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    So how will a 8c16t Comet lake part differ from the current 8c16t 9900K and will they still use Z390 boards...?


    fat chance! those days are long gone.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    161 times in 110 posts

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    I'd laugh if it didn't respect Intels obstinant stiff upper lip regarding their 3 year plan of mediocrity.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    96 times in 79 posts

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Breath

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Quote Originally Posted by mercyground View Post
    only 10mn will be ultraportable laptop chips of 2 and 4 core. No desktop chips before 2022, limited laptop release this year. (so a few possibly cherry picked chips that might work) and the rest in 2020.

    FUBAR doesnt even begin to cover how screwed Intel is over this. Massive price hikes on anything that works coming out too to stop demand dead. The new Xeons are stupidly priced because they cannot produce enough. They are even selling dead igfx chips as cpus with no onboard gfx cos its fused off in an attempt to fill what gaps they can.

    AMD is having a field day at present. Dell and HP are actively advertising and pushing Ryzen laptops. I about fell out my chair seeing those adverts over easter.

    oh and Nvidia cant be too happy either given less intel chips means less laptops with nvidia chips in as well.

    Roll on Computex and Zen2.
    meh, the sky is falling the sky is falling.... pulease. ill gladly wait for 10nm, been waiting years, another 1 or two wont kill me, well, unless I croak before then. have your amd, ill never give my hard erred money to them because who they have been financed by for years, that and even though intel small die shrink hasnt been keeping up, they still produce quality. I used to be an amd fan boy, im not anymore, and I know its so popular to hate on intel, bash moan and complain. they are still the better company overall

  10. #10
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,506
    Thanks
    750
    Thanked
    254 times in 191 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    where is teh 12mm or 10mm cpu's?!?!? we have been on 14mm? for the last 10 years?!?!?

  11. #11
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    9,718
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked
    994 times in 846 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 2600X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 1TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 28 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Quote Originally Posted by ETR316 View Post
    ..., they still produce quality.
    Thanks, I needed a good laugh

    Edit: Intel's products were causing me grief in 1986 when I first tried using them. The silicon was ill thought out and buggy, the spec sheet a sheet of lies. The 386 was released with a faulty multiply instruction that Intel shrugged off. The P4 was laughable on so many fronts. They have chipset recalls, promised features that don't work. Optane is probably the latest, it seems to have missed all of its promised goals of speed and endurance by magnitudes, whilst being massively late and still laughably expensive. Intel are many things, but quality has never ever been their strong point.
    Last edited by DanceswithUnix; 01-05-2019 at 08:58 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    161 times in 110 posts

    Re: Intel desktop client roadmap to Q4 2020 leaks - no 10nm

    Quote Originally Posted by ETR316 View Post
    meh, the sky is falling the sky is falling.... pulease. ill gladly wait for 10nm, been waiting years, another 1 or two wont kill me, well, unless I croak before then. have your amd, ill never give my hard erred money to them because who they have been financed by for years, that and even though intel small die shrink hasnt been keeping up, they still produce quality. I used to be an amd fan boy, im not anymore, and I know its so popular to hate on intel, bash moan and complain. they are still the better company overall
    And now I do laugh.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •