Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,581
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,858 times in 634 posts

    Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Telco has laid down gauntlet with unlimited mobile data plans from £23. No premium for 5G.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts
    • PC-LAD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X370 GT7
      • CPU:
      • R3 1200 @3.9
      • Memory:
      • 4*4 GB TG Delta @2666. Apparently a matching kit wont let me reach 2933
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Sandisk SSD plus, 1tb SeaGate Barracuda, 640GB WD Black, 500gb WD Blue sata ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 970 died. Dropped to a 660ti, got a full refund from cex now on a rx 570
      • PSU:
      • Evga G+650w
      • Case:
      • MasterBox 5 Lite TemG
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • MSI Optix G24C
      • Internet:
      • 10 up 35 down :(

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    £26 a month for 10mbps. i get 70mbps on their 4g, all be it only 8gb of it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    11 times in 11 posts

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Did someone mis a 0 off those speeds. 5G at 3G speeds in limited areas and same price as 4G
    Think i'll pass

  4. #4
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    217 times in 160 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Does anyone else get reminded of the IT crowd with the internet in a box?

    Don't drop the internet!

    He pressed the big red button to turn on the internet. Wow. Well done Lewis. It would have been better if you'd got your dog to do it.

  5. #5
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked
    217 times in 160 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    £26 a month for 10mbps. i get 70mbps on their 4g, all be it only 8gb of it.
    Out in the relative sticks with mediocre 4G I get around 6mb/s down and 12mb/s up on Vodafone 4G. So I'd not really want to cap that at 2mb/s and I certainly won't be paying more for 10mb/s given that's the max speed I can expect. I'd want to see what "unlimited" actually does before I go paying for it. I'd probably want a demo / free trial before I shell out that amount. £30 / month for the plan and then the phone on top. So that's a Samsung 5G model then? Let's see.... shall we be very generous and say the phone might be a grand? 24 month contract = £42 / month. Plus £30.

    This is no gauntlet. This is two plans which are probably slower than the existing stuff and another which is an utter nightmare. The upside is unlimited data but I'm sure there will be a strict fair use policy and on top of that that'll probably end with your contract never to return as people transition to 5G as standard and the network gets saturated.

    Am I talking rubbish here? Please tell me if I am because I can't see this being great value. Sure there are definitely people who will want it but you're going to really struggle to tempt me when I can't even get 3G, never mind 4G when sat on the pan at work.

  6. #6
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,509
    Thanks
    751
    Thanked
    254 times in 191 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    Out in the relative sticks with mediocre 4G I get around 6mb/s down and 12mb/s up on Vodafone 4G. So I'd not really want to cap that at 2mb/s and I certainly won't be paying more for 10mb/s given that's the max speed I can expect. I'd want to see what "unlimited" actually does before I go paying for it. I'd probably want a demo / free trial before I shell out that amount. £30 / month for the plan and then the phone on top. So that's a Samsung 5G model then? Let's see.... shall we be very generous and say the phone might be a grand? 24 month contract = £42 / month. Plus £30.

    This is no gauntlet. This is two plans which are probably slower than the existing stuff and another which is an utter nightmare. The upside is unlimited data but I'm sure there will be a strict fair use policy and on top of that that'll probably end with your contract never to return as people transition to 5G as standard and the network gets saturated.

    Am I talking rubbish here? Please tell me if I am because I can't see this being great value. Sure there are definitely people who will want it but you're going to really struggle to tempt me when I can't even get 3G, never mind 4G when sat on the pan at work.
    I keep getting notified that you are quoting me! Rubbish tapa talk app!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,087
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked
    542 times in 455 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    £26 a month for 10mbps. i get 70mbps on their 4g, all be it only 8gb of it.
    I just checked and didn't realise my phone can actually get 2/3/4G, but it was set to 2/3G mode... flippin' software updates!
    I now get 28/6mbps down/up rather then the 3/3 I'd previously been running on.

    I pay £24/mo, but do have 100GB, though!!


    Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    I keep getting notified that you are quoting me! Rubbish tapa talk app!
    I'mma quote you every time I see you post, just because...!
    _______________________________________________________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    Tasky is right

  8. #8
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    "Multiplayer gaming on the go" with 100 GB monthly cap... you'd just about download one game with that these days.

  9. #9
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,509
    Thanks
    751
    Thanked
    254 times in 191 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    I just checked and didn't realise my phone can actually get 2/3/4G, but it was set to 2/3G mode... flippin' software updates!
    I now get 28/6mbps down/up rather then the 3/3 I'd previously been running on.

    I pay £24/mo, but do have 100GB, though!!



    I'mma quote you every time I see you post, just because...!
    Haha.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Admin team peterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    19,204
    Thanks
    2,811
    Thanked
    3,349 times in 2,651 posts
    • peterb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Nascom 2
      • CPU:
      • Z80B
      • Memory:
      • 48K 8 bit memory on separate card
      • Storage:
      • Audio cassette tape - home built 5.25" floppy drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • text output (composite video)
      • PSU:
      • Home built
      • Case:
      • Home built
      • Operating System:
      • Nas-sys
      • Monitor(s):
      • 12" monocrome composite video input
      • Internet:
      • No networking capability on this machine

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Quote Originally Posted by infraction View Post
    "Multiplayer gaming on the go" with 100 GB monthly cap... you'd just about download one game with that these days.

    Maybe it will encourage more efficient coding with less bloarware!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

  11. #11
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,087
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked
    542 times in 455 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Vodafone UK switches on 5G service, with unlimited data plans

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    bloarware
    Is that from the Southern Softies' phonetic pronunciaton guide to Yorkshire Accents?
    If not, it should be.... !
    _______________________________________________________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    Tasky is right

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •