Thread: Samsung announces mid-tier Galaxy A30s, A50s smartphones

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Samsung announces mid-tier Galaxy A30s, A50s smartphones

Designed to attract buyers via contemporary styling and essential modern upgrades.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Samsung announces mid-tier Galaxy A30s, A50s smartphones

hmmmmm looks nice. I can't no longer justify phone prices at £1,000 anymore. Mid range phones for the win

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Custard View Post
    hmmmmm looks nice. I can't no longer justify phone prices at £1,000 anymore. Mid range phones for the win
    I'm getting there also. They removed the 3.5mm jack from the Note and I was going to buy that but for a grand I expect everything and no compromises. Especially for something where the justification for removal is "space" and it's the size of a brick. So for me it'll probably be a mid ranger next time and, ironically, I'll probably find one with a 3.5mm jack.

They are trying to force people into buying extras like the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle that isn't in the box or the Bluetooth earphones they've just magically made just for solving the problem that didn't need to exist and they created. Also removing the microSD slot removes one of the major reasons I'd buy the note - to pop my video camera footage onto it and have a screen and phone decent enough to do some limited editing on the move.

Also, the SoCs are so decent now that the only reason for buying a high end phone is for the GPU which I don't use properly as I don't game on a phone. So I'm not going to miss out by buying a lower end phone or, in this case, hanging onto my old phone for loads longer because they're removing useful, well established features and not adding anything actually useful. So I can use a pen to take a photo. Great. Why can't I listen to my music and charge like I've been doing for years?

Keeping features like this that say, 80% of people don't use is not going to lose you a single customer. Who have you ever met who has said "I'm not buying that because it has an SD slot and a 3.5mm jack!"? No one. But that 20% who have made using those bits part of day to day life are going to be annoyed. And they will walk. 20% is a lot of customer base.

I'm sure they have done the calculation and think that the number of people who don't buy another Samsung ever will be offset by the number of people who buy the phone AND the extra bits and bats required to get around the problem created especially to allow them the opportunity to hand over more money.

This doesn't make me angry. It makes me furious.

Old Geezer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Custard View Post
    Alternatively, go high-end but, not the latest model. I got a Galaxy S8, earlier this year via Tesco. The charge for the phone itself was down 41% from the launch price. Having said that, my next phone is likely to be mid-range as they are so good now.

Thread Information