Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,921
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,865 times in 638 posts

    Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

    As well as lots of Echo products there are new Ring branded and other smart devices.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

    Ah! Just what i need, A smart oven. My life is now complete!

  3. #3
    Theoretical Element Spud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    6,958
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked
    252 times in 197 posts
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2x 2.8ghz Quad Core Xeons (octo-core)
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 FB-Dimm
      • Storage:
      • 1x1TB, 1x320gb, 2x500gb, 1x250gb, 120GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia Geforce 560Ti
      • PSU:
      • Mac pro PSU
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 1x22" LG 3D TFT 1x 19" ViewSonic
      • Internet:
      • 80mb BT Infinity

    Re: Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

    Quote Originally Posted by Willdobbo View Post
    Ah! Just what i need, A smart oven. My life is now complete!
    I expect it's very much the sort of thing that you didn't know you wanted, but when you do you'll use it more than you think. I connected my kettle to alexa a few years ago, and I use my voice to turn it in far more than pressing the switch. Yes it's lazy, but it's very convenient to get Alexa to turn the kettle on and then walk to the kitchen to pour out a brew.

    The same benefit applies to pre-heating an oven, settings it's timer etc.

    It's a shame we won't see most of these new innovations over in the UK anytime soon

  4. #4
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,458
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked
    255 times in 184 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    I expect it's very much the sort of thing that you didn't know you wanted, but when you do you'll use it more than you think. I connected my kettle to alexa a few years ago, and I use my voice to turn it in far more than pressing the switch. Yes it's lazy, but it's very convenient to get Alexa to turn the kettle on and then walk to the kitchen to pour out a brew.

    The same benefit applies to pre-heating an oven, settings it's timer etc.

    It's a shame we won't see most of these new innovations over in the UK anytime soon
    I just enjoy trolling Alexa.

    This shall be even more satisfying when she speaks in Samuel L Jackson's voice and swears back.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    7 times in 6 posts

    Re: Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willdobbo View Post
    Ah! Just what i need, A smart oven. My life is now complete!
    I expect it's very much the sort of thing that you didn't know you wanted, but when you do you'll use it more than you think. I connected my kettle to alexa a few years ago, and I use my voice to turn it in far more than pressing the switch. Yes it's lazy, but it's very convenient to get Alexa to turn the kettle on and then walk to the kitchen to pour out a brew.

    The same benefit applies to pre-heating an oven, settings it's timer etc.

    It's a shame we won't see most of these new innovations over in the UK anytime soon
    I possibly see the convenience in this, but I'm not totally sold until Alexa can also fill the kettle with water.

  6. Received thanks from:

    PC-LAD (26-09-2019)

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked
    13 times in 12 posts
    • PC-LAD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X370 GT7
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600 @ 5.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4*4 GB TG Delta @2666. Apparently a matching kit wont let me reach 2933
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Sandisk SSD plus, 1tb SeaGate Barracuda, 640GB WD Black, 500gb WD Blue sata ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Lovely RX 570
      • PSU:
      • Evga G+650w
      • Case:
      • MasterBox 5 Lite TemG
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • MSI Optix G24C
      • Internet:
      • 10 up 35 down :(

    Re: Amazon launch event showcases 15 hardware products

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
    I possibly see the convenience in this, but I'm not totally sold until Alexa can also fill the kettle with water.
    Im not happy till it actually brings me a drink on a saucer and asks "would you like a rich tea with that sir" and I reply "Thank you Alfred"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •