Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,110
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,869 times in 642 posts

    Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    Recreates the sensation of touch-virtually. Developers thinking about a full-body suit.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member spacein_vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Darkest Northamptonshire
    Posts
    1,409
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked
    364 times in 230 posts
    • spacein_vader's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B85M-G
      • CPU:
      • i5 4460 3.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Crucial DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100, 500GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Crucial MX200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus RX 480 Dual OC 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Pop!_OS 19:10 / Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765, Dell Ultrasharp U2412
      • Internet:
      • Zen Internet

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    I think we all know what the real world implementation that's most successful will be. Wonder if they've spoken to anyone at Fleshlight yet.

  3. #3
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked
    579 times in 485 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    I think we all know what the real world implementation that's most successful will be. Wonder if they've spoken to anyone at Fleshlight yet.
    I think you don't...
    More women will adopt this, because the prices of theraputic massage at even the cheaper spas are astronomical. By comparison, hookers are only £50 a pop... and half that in Cowley!
    _______________________________________________________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    Tasky is right

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    2,717
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    104 times in 87 posts

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    I think we all know what the real world implementation that's most successful will be. Wonder if they've spoken to anyone at Fleshlight yet.
    I think you don't...
    More women will adopt this, because the prices of theraputic massage at even the cheaper spas are astronomical. By comparison, hookers are only £50 a pop... and half that in Cowley!
    Try Mid WALES....EVEN LESS
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  5. #5
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked
    579 times in 485 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    Try Mid WALES....EVEN LESS
    I'm not going all the way to Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn, just for that... It'd cost more in fuel than I'd save from not going to Cowley!
    Besides, I've already been there for other purposes and seen the low quality of the local talent. I'm not sure whether to call an ambulance or a priest!
    _______________________________________________________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    Tasky is right

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    2,717
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    104 times in 87 posts

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    I'm not going all the way to Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn, just for that... It'd cost more in fuel than I'd save from not going to Cowley!
    Besides, I've already been there for other purposes and seen the low quality of the local talent. I'm not sure whether to call an ambulance or a priest!
    What's quite bad is I actually know where you are talking about as I used to have relatives by marriage in Rhayader...
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  7. #7
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked
    579 times in 485 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR4 somethingorother
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phankecks Enthoo Luxe perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    What's quite bad is I actually know where you are talking about as I used to have relatives by marriage in Rhayader...
    My grandfather retired out to Plas-y-Creuddyn, years back.

    I've been (dragged by my tourist parents) to Rhayader, Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Abergavenny, Aberdovey, and just about every other Aber- in Wales, I think... One of them had a bee museum and their gift shop sold honey ice-cream. It was the most memorable thing in the whole sum of my visits!

    Anyway, enough derailing...!
    _______________________________________________________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by PC-LAD View Post
    Tasky is right

  8. #8
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Wireless battery-free soft wearable haptic eSkin developed

    interesting development..will be interesting to see further advancements for this in the future!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •