Thread: AMD powers El Capitan, world's first 2 Exaflops+ supercomputer

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

AMD powers El Capitan, world's first 2 Exaflops+ supercomputer

System wields AMD Epyc Genoa (Zen 4 ) CPUs plus next gen Radeon Instinct GPUs.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: AMD powers El Capitan, world's first 2 Exaflops+ supercomputer

Will it run Crysis?
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks

To hell with Crysis , can I play Solitaire on it ?

Thanks

I like how AMD can pretty much just sell the full packet and coming from same place probably even making it cheaper compared to the competitors, I also am looking forward to much more affordable products from all sides.

Thanks

Why is named in spanish? WTF AMD. WE are USA. I cringe every time I see companies waste money on spanish labels in USA. Total waste. You can't read english? GTFO. PERIOD. I have no use for you, and don't want prices going up because of dealing with your useless butt (Americans will gladly do your job if you are forced to work instead of handed welfare forever - no check if no 40hrs doing something we need done - force mcdonalds etc work on them - they want to stop doing that work get a better REAL JOB). You slow our schools, cost us money (welfare, healthcare, crime, drugs, etc), and disrespect our laws. Again, GTFO. Here's hoping trump rounds up EVERY illegal in 2nd term and deports them ALL. Get in line, or get out.

Most people that come legally pay a heavy price (some 50k and years to get in!), #1, and are forced to learn more than our own students do about our history/rights etc #2. That is no joke. I'd rather have a legal immigrant these days vs. today's SJW kid who can't get a job as school didn't teach JOB skills, just BS skills and hate. They hate america, the constitution, military (only reason they have a right to freely dis america to begin with), WORK in general and want everything free. That LEGAL immigrant, understands what our rights are for, how we got them (fighting/dying for it all) and VOTE that way to keep them. Why do you think dems hate them? LEGAL immigrants don't vote dem as they get that the "better life in america" (or the American Dream if you will), doesn't come from freeloading. Only illegals who add NOTHING to your bottom line vote dem as they are WELFARE dependant usually for life. Even dems say they finally pay their way at 80yrs or 3rd gen. Not interested in that length of time. If you can't pay your way TODAY, and have means to support yourself for a decade or more (time for you to get skills here, etc), go fly a kite. Everywhere else (mexico too!) have major restrictions and requirements to get in. You basically have to be completely covered with NO need for a job to get into mexico legally, living off your ALREADY gotten money for example. Nobody else imports useless people in such massive quantity. Nobody else takes in 1mil LEGAL people either. WE are #1 by far.

Not impressed with your naming AMD (or allowing it to be named that - English or FU on supercomputer CA). That is a name that could make me avoid your next gpu. CPU not sure, but NV gpu just moved up my list unless they just get trashed (99% sure this won't happen). IF I get a chance to avoid you, I will now. I see spanish and see red these days. Please pass Executive order forcing ALL spanish removed from USA everything. PERIOD. You are worse than our SJW kids if you can't even read/speak english and we have no use for you.

I'm sure it runs solitaire (good thing, govt workers like it), even though I'd remove it from any PC in my company

Thanks

They named it "El Capitan" - "Captain" like it's the top powerful supercomputer.

The term "captain" derives from katepánō (Greek: κατεπάνω, lit. "[the one] placed at the top", or "the topmost"), which was used as title for a senior Byzantine military rank and office.[1] The word was Latinized as capetanus/catepan, and its meaning seems to have merged with that of the late Latin "capitaneus" (which derives from the classical Latin word "caput", meaning head).[2] This hybridized term gave rise to the English language term captain and its equivalents in other languages (Capitan, Capitaine, Capitano, Capitão, Kapitan, Kapitän, Kapitein, Kapteeni, Kapten, kapitány, Kapudan Pasha, Kobtan, etc.).

If you get the point-meaning of the name, does it really matter from what language that word came or in what language it's written in? I think it's a great name.

Also "El Capitan" is the name of a rock formation in Yosemite National Park, California.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    Why is named in spanish? WTF AMD. WE are USA. I cringe every time I see companies waste money on spanish labels in USA.
    I know 5 languages, and english is just one of the additional ones, I don't see a problem here to be honest, but if it bother you, why not pick up on 1-3 more languages on your own?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    Why is named in spanish? WTF AMD. WE are USA. I cringe every time I see companies waste money on spanish labels in USA. Total waste. You can't read english?
    Alabama - Non-English word.
    Alaska - Non-English word.
    Arizona - Non-English word.
    Arkansas - Non-English word.
    California - Non-English word.
    Colorado - Non-English word.
    Connecticut - Non-English word.
    Florida - Non-English word.
    Georgia - Hooray! An English Word!

Do I need to continue?

Thanks

isn`t georgia named after the (ex-soviet) country?

for the record i`m fluent in two languages- english and gibberish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VasilisPGR View Post

Also "El Capitan" is the name of a rock formation in Yosemite National Park, California.
    what, do you mean like the one plastered all over the front of the computer? hmm, could be a clue..

Thread Information