Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: QOTW: Has the coronavirus affected your daily life?

Thanks

Re: QOTW: Has the coronavirus affected your daily life?

Has CV affected me?

Not really.

I still do pretty much wgat I did before.

Exception - have cut down on restaurant and entirely vetoed take-aways for the duration.

Other than that, all's normal.

Wassat? The moat I dug?

Erm, not a moat, I'm just expanding the duck pond. Yup, duck pond. That's it. I need a bit more space for this 'ere duck house I picked up cheap a few years back - one careful, and embarrassed, previous owner.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

2. Received thanks from:

ik9000 (11-03-2020)

Thanks

I have successfully annoyed the staff at the hotel with my excessive celebrations every time the take my temperature. They've asked me to stop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee View Post
    I have successfully annoyed the staff at the hotel with my excessive celebrations every time the take my temperature. They've asked me to stop.
    Define excessive..

Thanks
    • PC-LAD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X370 GT7
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600 @ 4.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4*4 GB TG Delta @2933
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Sandisk SSD plus, 1tb SeaGate Barracuda, 640GB WD Black, 500gb WD Blue sata ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Evga G+650w
      • Case:
      • MasterBox 5 Lite TemG
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • MSI Optix G24C
      • Internet:
      • 10 up 70 Down

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Define excessive..
    I'm hoping for him to dance like hetsu from breath of the wild and party poppers to go off
    人无完人,金无足赤

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Define excessive..
    Well there was no hugging... I thought about going for a chest bump, but they're Korean and quite small.. I started with the arms raised scream of 'Yeeeeeessssss' as is traditional in many sports, and we went from there. I'm somewhat embarrassed at my lack of decorum... In truth, I'm glad someone interceded before I started the 'shirt over face' move... I feel like this was a 'Yellow Card', and I'll learn from my punishment....

Thanks

Do you know any of the Fortnite dances, that might be a bit more socially acceptable..

Thanks

Cancelled planned holiday to China this summer, there's a chance we might have to cancel the backup holiday as well depending how things go over the next month or two.

I'm still travelling regularly for work but that might have to end too if advice is to stay put and work from home. Have to prepare for all scenarios!

Thanks
    • Gentle Viking's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus extreme X399
      • CPU:
      • TR 1920 X
      • Memory:
      • G Skill 64GB ( 8 X 8 ) PC3600 @ 3400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung evo 500GB nvme - 256GB Kingston SSD - 4TB spinning disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 5700 XT red devil
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850I
      • Case:
      • Working on it, done summer 2020
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iiyama GB2788HS
      • Internet:
      • docis 3.1 cable 1000/100 mbit

Okay maybe a little now, PM announced tonight that people in non essential government / public jobs will be sent home ( with pay ) for 2 weeks at least, and a slew of other measurements like no school, enough to make Danes storm out tonight and hoard food ASO like citizens of some 3 world country.

Emergency laws will also be passed tomorrow, but how a understaffed overburdened police force are going to uphold those i don't know, i sort of hope we will see the military in the streets, cuz there are plenty of Danes, and newcomers that will not respect anything but that.

Thanks

Well Audi have pulled out of the DTM testing I was meant to go out to tomorrow, so no need to support them, so thats me grounded..
    The joys of motorsport...

Thanks

May start working from home next week, my shares have been hammered by the fall in the stock market and everywhere seems to have a bottle of antibacterial get at the door, but otherwise not much has changed.

Thanks

Been self-isolating for nine days now after returning from work-related trip to Avianno. It grows old *really* fast - but at least I can work from home, and I'm not suffering financially like some are.

Wish everyone luck, and best wishes to anyone who has caught the virus, or whose nearest and dearest have done so.

New job, new home, new life! Feeling very positive

Thanks

The lack of toilet paper in the store did

Thanks

Well, that changed quickly. Working from home indefinitely, starting today, panic buying started here Monday with the first confirmed case in the state, and accelerated yesterday with the announcement of school closures. Reports of hour+ lines at grocery stores, and shelves devoid of pasta, frozen vegetables, and other durable but easy to cook foods are common.

What was most striking was the change between Tuesday (low supplies of TP, but by and large normal life) and Thursday (events being canceled by the hour, traffic noticeably lighter even to the day before). Nearly as close was the bifurcation between those who were panic buying, and those who were continuing on with their normal lives. I met a couple friends at a restaurant Thursday night, and while not packed, it was still doing a healthy business. I would be surprised if that were the case next Thursday.

The government response has also been bifurcated. The federal government handling in the U.S. has been a disaster, and due to that there's a huge shortage of test kits. Meanwhile, the state government is taking it very seriously, and believes the virus is likely already widespread within the state (but has nowhere near enough test kits to prove or disprove that). My city itself officially has no cases, but no one believes that's really true. One of my mates already has an illness that bears a striking resemblance based on symptoms and duration, but has been unable to be tested to confirm if he does indeed have Covid, or something else such as a bad case of influenza.

Registered+
    Thanks

For sure Corona did a lot to the community and the economy. People are send home, businesses get broke and Corona doubles every 3 days. Today the count of death is 10 and over 800 people are effected. Hospitals are filled up with people whose life turned in a second by the virus and there is no time set when this will stop. Europe closes borders and leaders have been taken messurements that don't stop a virus. 60 to 70% will get it and many still will die. The risk groups are elder people that have no power to go on...
    I am a little scared, because I also am in that risk group and went a week ago through all these affected parts of the country. Still work with disabled and the only thing is said how to handle. Wsh your hands regular, cough in your elbow, first contact a doctor and then call work what to do. Stay home or go to work.

Thanks

NO ! The virus have not effected me nor anyone I know. The PANIC and HYSTERIA over the virus has!
    Places closing, sheep doing their panic buying, politicians and other simpletons telling me what I should be doing. THAT has become an endless nuisance.

Registered+
    Thanks

At this stage the fear over corona virus is what is impacting me the most. I was hoping the PM would be reassuring in his speech earlier this week, but he just made things worse.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information