Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    These 14nm 10th generation Comet Lake-S CPUs are expected on 30th April.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Theoretical Element Spud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    7,508
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    320 times in 255 posts
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    No last minute surprises then - Intel will still lead on gaming, AMD on highly multi threaded workloads - nothing really changes.

    Maybe next year we'll see some competition and innovation in the CPU market eh

  3. #3
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,651
    Thanks
    1,197
    Thanked
    723 times in 591 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Are not getting Ice Lake at all this year for desktop?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    16 times in 14 posts

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    I think Intel are at the stage of desperation and plain out of options to compete against AMD's forward progress. Tweaking and wringing out what they can out of what chip tech they have at present. This could be their finale assault in fear of the next implementation of Ryzen that AMD will undoubtably throw into the mix. I've never been a dedicated fanboy to any chip maker from my early days of buiding PC's from 286's using Intel , AMD , Cyrix , IBM and Transmeta I think. Down the line I've usually opted for AMD on the basis of value for money plus an added abhorance for Intels underhand business practises.
    Had AMD had the financial means and advertising prowess years back it might have been a different story years ago. Had it not been for American defence contracts back then AMD would have folded. I attended a computer show once donning a "T" shirt I had printed
    the " Intel Inside" Logo on but had altered it to read AMD inside. There were 2 Intel reps there , one thought it funny the other was well pissed off at me , no humour some peeps.
    Sorry Intel but at the moment as I sit here with my new Ryzen build which followed
    my previous Phenom 11 X4 your smugness , overcharging , head hunting and desperate measures do not impress. At some point the tables will turn I'm sure, Intel has the resources and finance to do this but at the moment AMD is leading development and I'm pleased for them having been classed as second rate to many for so long. Intel need to get off their arses and produce something that is much better , we , the "Joe Public" need competition at competitional prices that are affordable encompassing all the newer tech aviliable.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    114 times in 102 posts

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Um if you take out the clock speed aren't AMD nearly on a par with Intel now in most games, even more so if they've been optimised for both Intel AND AMD.

    This is just more intel trying to fool the people that aren't 'tech savvy' into just buying intel due to brand awareness. Oh and LOL at the elite real world performance... is that a world where everything is single core because in my real world, most of my programs use multiple cores..

    I know for a fact that these releases aren't going to change my mind from going AMD with my next build (probably 16c/32t ryzen 4xxx series), Intel will need something special for that to happen.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts
    • ultrasbm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 5800x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb DDR4-3600
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb WD Black PCIe NVMe SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia RTX3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 800watt
      • Case:
      • IN WIN 909
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Enterprise x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell 32" Curved 1440p
      • Internet:
      • 540Mbps Virgin

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    How can it say that the 6C12T part is not good enough for streamers, when previous 4C8T ones were "Perfect for streamers"...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where you are not
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked
    92 times in 81 posts
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250GB / 1 x 1TB / 1 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 40Mbps SKY Fibre

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    So 14nm process still (albeit refined now), as well as a new socket?

    Sorry, if I wanted to upgrade right now I'd go AMD instead.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,385
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked
    304 times in 221 posts

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasbm View Post
    How can it say that the 6C12T part is not good enough for streamers, when previous 4C8T ones were "Perfect for streamers"...
    You always shift the goal posts for a new product release else why release a new product?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    114 times in 102 posts

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasbm View Post
    How can it say that the 6C12T part is not good enough for streamers, when previous 4C8T ones were "Perfect for streamers"...
    It's likely down to more games making use of 4+ cores rather than the actual processor.

    If the game is using 4+ cores and you only have 4c8t processor you then have no 'spare' cpu cores/threads to work on the streaming side of things.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts
    • ultrasbm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 5800x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb DDR4-3600
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb WD Black PCIe NVMe SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia RTX3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 800watt
      • Case:
      • IN WIN 909
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Enterprise x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell 32" Curved 1440p
      • Internet:
      • 540Mbps Virgin

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Does that mean then that the 3950X is for MEGA GAMERS and UBER STREAMERS? lol.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    329
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    8 times in 7 posts

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Quote Originally Posted by mers View Post
    I think Intel are at the stage of desperation and plain out of options to compete against AMD's forward progress. Tweaking and wringing out what they can out of what chip tech they have at present. This could be their finale assault in fear of the next implementation of Ryzen that AMD will undoubtably throw into the mix. I've never been a dedicated fanboy to any chip maker from my early days of buiding PC's from 286's using Intel , AMD , Cyrix , IBM and Transmeta I think. Down the line I've usually opted for AMD on the basis of value for money plus an added abhorance for Intels underhand business practises.
    Had AMD had the financial means and advertising prowess years back it might have been a different story years ago. Had it not been for American defence contracts back then AMD would have folded. I attended a computer show once donning a "T" shirt I had printed
    the " Intel Inside" Logo on but had altered it to read AMD inside. There were 2 Intel reps there , one thought it funny the other was well pissed off at me , no humour some peeps.
    Sorry Intel but at the moment as I sit here with my new Ryzen build which followed
    my previous Phenom 11 X4 your smugness , overcharging , head hunting and desperate measures do not impress. At some point the tables will turn I'm sure, Intel has the resources and finance to do this but at the moment AMD is leading development and I'm pleased for them having been classed as second rate to many for so long. Intel need to get off their arses and produce something that is much better , we , the "Joe Public" need competition at competitional prices that are affordable encompassing all the newer tech aviliable.
    I'm very much the same.

    The good thing is, when Intel finally are in a position to compete, all this bad karma will hurt them severely. Pi**ing on your fan base simply because you can exploit them, but even worse, breaking so many laws coverage that ability, sits poorly with those with this knowledge.

    The when there comes a time theres a choice between Intel or AMD and practically nothing separates them, fir a long time most people would choose Intel. They've thrown that away.

    I'm pleased.

  12. #12
    Moosing about! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    31,806
    Thanks
    3,834
    Thanked
    5,114 times in 3,946 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    I think the Core i5 10600K will actually perform quite well in gaming tests against the Ryzen 7 3700X.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    17 times in 15 posts

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    I think the Core i5 10600K will actually perform quite well in gaming tests against the Ryzen 7 3700X.
    Judging by the 8700k it'll probably be a couple of percent quicker most of the time, occasionally slower by a similar margin. If it launches priced like the 9600k (~£220) it'll be a good choice for gaming builds.

    Well, depending on where the motherboards end up. Platform costs might bridge the gap to the 3700X.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Are not getting Ice Lake at all this year for desktop?
    Is any platform getting Ice Lake this year?
    Last edited by edmundhonda; 06-04-2020 at 10:20 PM.

  14. #14
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts
    • Premium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-P35-DS3R
      • CPU:
      • E6750 @ 3.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB PC2-6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Graphics card(s):
      • X1950XT 256MB
      • Operating System:
      • XP

    Re: Intel Core i9-10900K, i7-10700K and i5-10600K slides leak

    Can't wait for an i5 that draws 150W easy...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •