Thread: noblechairs to bring Bethesda's biggest games to its chairs

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

noblechairs to bring Bethesda's biggest games to its chairs

Expect DOOM, Fallout, Rage, and The Elder Scrolls to feature.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: noblechairs to bring Bethesda's biggest games to its chairs

I've read mixed reviews on this chair... as in it's painful to sit on.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Maboof View Post
    That's a pain in the arse!!

Registered+
    Thanks

I don't get it; I'm sat in the chair, i'm either covering it up or can't see it becuase it's on the back, or some combination of both.
    I'd also be expected to pay extra to advertise said product.
    ... Makes no bloody sense.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

They're very hard. They're also a "base" chair that brands re-brand and sell for a mark up. Titan does it too. Practically all the big "gaming" chairs are just a base chair that you can get way cheaper. Also they suck for long time sitting.

I sit in front of a PC for 90% of my day. Anything except a proper executive chair with padding leads to a seriously sore rump.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    They're very hard. They're also a "base" chair that brands re-brand and sell for a mark up. Titan does it too. Practically all the big "gaming" chairs are just a base chair that you can get way cheaper. Also they suck for long time sitting.

I sit in front of a PC for 90% of my day. Anything except a proper executive chair with padding leads to a seriously sore rump.
    Very true. The funny thing is, a good executive chair isn't much more than the highly inflated cost of these 'gaming chairs', and will last a lot longer. Bought mine from Costco about 7 years ago, had thousands of hours of use, made with real leather, that's REAL, not a fake PU composite imitation, and apart from it's now getting too compressed for the best comfort, all I've done is changed the spring strut. I'm no lightweight. All that for just under £200 at that time.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by gazjon View Post
    Very true. The funny thing is, a good executive chair isn't much more than the highly inflated cost of these 'gaming chairs', and will last a lot longer. Bought mine from Costco about 7 years ago, had thousands of hours of use, made with real leather, that's REAL, not a fake PU composite imitation, and apart from it's now getting too compressed for the best comfort, all I've done is changed the spring strut. I'm no lightweight. All that for just under £200 at that time.
    We most probably have the exact same chair. And best thing about em, because they're from Costco, anything goes wrong and it's a no-quibble guarantee. I actually had the base plate go a bit wonky, phoned up the number on the chair and they just..shipped me a whole new base plate. No questions asked past me saying I bought it at Costco.

Funnily enough though, literally 5mins ago it's broken! It seems the springs have gone in the seat and they're trying to push right up. Cacked myself a bit, I thought it was the tube thingy (we've all seen that pic of the tube that comes through the seat! I thought it was gonna be that). I feel a bit cheeky phoning up for another part..Still gonna do it. But I'll feel weird about it.

Thanks

i`ll stick with my boggo operator`s chair and put better components in my machine thanks- the chair shown costs £350 without the branding so i would expect they`re another fifty quid with the paint job, at least.
    (edit: and that`s for vinyl- leather will set you back five hundred and eighty pre- paint.)
    Last edited by Strawb77; 10-04-2020 at 04:45 AM.

Thanks

What is the industries sudden damn obsession with chairs?

The stupid thing is that they're all pretty much the same chair with a different skin marketed as if it's the mutts nutts.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazjon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    "gaming" chairs are just a base chair that you can get way cheaper. Also they suck for long time sitting.

Very true. The funny thing is, a good executive chair isn't much more than the highly inflated cost of these 'gaming chairs', and will last a lot longer.
    It can be, you need to adjust it properly to suit your leg length, but even then it is padded for toughness rather than comfort.

As for build quality. I've yet to come across an executive/office ergonomic chair that compares to Nobel for build quality for less than £800. I work in office buildings all over the country so I come across everything from cheap dirt to some pretty swish designer buttseats.

I had an executive chair, it lasted for 8 years, it was busted and broken for the last 9/10 months of that, but it was my comfy computer chair. Everything after that didn't last 6 months. I'd spent £60 to £300; It seems like they don't make em like they used to, if you're buying off ebay at least. If you want a proper executive chair its like £800+ and you don't seem to get much for that, but its well made.

Nobel are at least going in the right direction in that one regard. Other brands make their awful racecar styled seats that will absolutely fall apart. Or they put an actual car seat on a gas piston and call it a day. I wouldn't recommend a Nobel if you're sitting in it for 9 hours straight, at least not without an additional pillow and proper adjustment.

Also: game theme'd chairs are stupid, but if someone really, really loves fallout, maybe they can sit on it while wearing their cosplay vaultsuit, super collector edition pip-boy while drinking homemade nuka-cola. Not like its worse than weebs eating ramen while wearing a kimono as they watch some weeb program.
    Last edited by SylvanSagacious; 11-04-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Thread Information