Thread: Asus ROG Phone 3 and Zenfone 7 - Qualcomm SD865 SoC confirmed

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Asus ROG Phone 3 and Zenfone 7 - Qualcomm SD865 SoC confirmed

Qualcomm has just published a long list of flagship Snapdragon 865 5G smartphones.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Asus ROG Phone 3 and Zenfone 7 - Qualcomm SD865 SoC confirmed

The sony phone looks pretty sweet... It's more a professional accessory, however it's also compatible with a dualshock controller and a bunch of other things.. I'd be interested to see how good the camera is in comparison to the pixel 4!

Thanks
    • Ozaron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570 Unify
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Patriot Blackout @ 3800 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Toshiba X300 4TB (2), Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 5700XT, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12-II 620w
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • W10 Enterprise 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte G27QC
      • Internet:
      • 2.5 MB/s ↓ 0.86 MB/s ↑ ~20ms

I waited like 3-5 months to buy an upgrade phone last year and all of those months were after Zenfone 6 release. By the time I bought what I did, Zenfone 6 still wasn't available to buy.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Maboof View Post
    The sony phone looks pretty sweet... It's more a professional accessory, however it's also compatible with a dualshock controller and a bunch of other things.. I'd be interested to see how good the camera is in comparison to the pixel 4!
    Sony's cameras are almost always terrible in comparison to the competition. Which is hilarious when you consider they supply most of the hardware.... they just don't seem to be able to get the processing right. The continued use of a 4K screen is utter madness, even on the professional phone to be used as a second screen for cameras. I'm really not sure why you'd use your phone for this. Broadcast people tend to use their phones for reference and so on, which is difficult when it's plugged into a camera. Also, I wouldn't trust it to not go missing. I'd rather that they steal a secondary monitor leased from Gearhouse rather than my own property. Seems very, very strange as a marketing ploy.

What I can say about Sony is that bringing back the 3.5mm jack on the back of customer backlash is a sound move, but one you have to make when you're the underdog... you can't afford to alienate what few customers you have.

The screen throwing battery life away with 4K res which is proven to be no gain over 1440 in practice, a likely interpolated 90Hz mode rather than true 90Hz and the likely awesome camera hardware but terrible software will probably render this phone another expensive "don't buy". Which is a shame as Sony has everything it needs in house to make an awesome phone, it just needs a Lisa Su to get the organisation in shape and execute a decent product.

I really do hope I'm wrong as I'd love a decent Sony phone again. The last Sony I had was the J6 which was brilliant. After that they merged with Ericsson and their P990i was brilliant also. I had an Xperia pro which had a slide out keyboard which was good-ish but no cigar. By that point HTC was playing a blinder with their mid range phones and Samsung was just starting to produce some game changers.

chj
    Thanks
    • chj's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 950
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • SATA SSD/HDD combo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA GTX 780Ti

Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maboof View Post
    Sony's cameras are almost always terrible in comparison to the competition. Which is hilarious when you consider they supply most of the hardware.... they just don't seem to be able to get the processing right. The continued use of a 4K screen is utter madness, even on the professional phone to be used as a second screen for cameras. I'm really not sure why you'd use your phone for this. Broadcast people tend to use their phones for reference and so on, which is difficult when it's plugged into a camera. Also, I wouldn't trust it to not go missing. I'd rather that they steal a secondary monitor leased from Gearhouse rather than my own property. Seems very, very strange as a marketing ploy.

What I can say about Sony is that bringing back the 3.5mm jack on the back of customer backlash is a sound move, but one you have to make when you're the underdog... you can't afford to alienate what few customers you have.

The screen throwing battery life away with 4K res which is proven to be no gain over 1440 in practice, a likely interpolated 90Hz mode rather than true 90Hz and the likely awesome camera hardware but terrible software will probably render this phone another expensive "don't buy". Which is a shame as Sony has everything it needs in house to make an awesome phone, it just needs a Lisa Su to get the organisation in shape and execute a decent product.

I really do hope I'm wrong as I'd love a decent Sony phone again. The last Sony I had was the J6 which was brilliant. After that they merged with Ericsson and their P990i was brilliant also. I had an Xperia pro which had a slide out keyboard which was good-ish but no cigar. By that point HTC was playing a blinder with their mid range phones and Samsung was just starting to produce some game changers.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head, the ingredients are there but the finished product just doesn't excel. One thing i miss from having a Sony phone is their music app; it's the best music app I've used so far and I still download the APK to use on my P30 (until android 10 came along and broke it...)

Thanks

Asus Rog Phone 3 chip 865 plus

Thread Information