Thread: The Witcher 3 to be upgraded for next gen consoles, PC, raytracing

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

The Witcher 3 to be upgraded for next gen consoles, PC, raytracing

"Visually and technically enhanced version," will be free for current owners of the game.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Spudbynight's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Mortar MAX
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce 1660 Super
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake v21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

Re: The Witcher 3 to be upgraded for next gen consoles, PC, raytracing

From what I can make out, this will just add ray tracing for PC owners? As someone without an RTX card, this is a shame. It would be nice if there were some improvements for non RTX owners.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Spudbynight View Post
    From what I can make out, this will just add ray tracing for PC owners? As someone without an RTX card, this is a shame. It would be nice if there were some improvements for non RTX owners.
    You could like, read the article you're commenting on It's more than just RTX.

Thanks

"visually and technically enhanced version"

I'd take it that it's more than just a visual improvement, but what else changes is difficult to determine.

I only started playing a last month, stopped now, as went I on holiday, haven't went back to it yet.

It is an incredible game, the only reason I never played it earlier is I didn't have the time to invest, due to working from home, I had a little extra disposable time.

God is this game huge, the content is immense (full edition with dlc), enjoyable too. I should mention I also skip and ignore the majority of story dialogue, If I were to truly become engrossed and invest my time it would take years to get through.

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoyo69 View Post

I'd take it that it's more than just a visual improvement, but what else changes is difficult to determine.

I only started playing a last month, stopped now, as went I on holiday, haven't went back to it yet.

It is an incredible game, the only reason I never played it earlier is I didn't have the time to invest, due to working from home, I had a little extra disposable time.

God is this game huge, the content is immense (full edition with dlc), enjoyable too. I should mention I also skip and ignore the majority of story dialogue, If I were to truly become engrossed and invest my time it would take years to get through.
    I started playing it on game pass on my xbox. Soon realised to get justice out of the game I would need way more time than game pass would give me. It became my one purchase since I got game pass as I could see it was going to be a real time sync. Just wish I could find time to start it on the PC!
    Trust

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Hopefully the HDR is better than the console version which is essentially a HDR container with an SDR image in there.

Any how, great support from CDPR. No messing around with new SKUs for updates to enhanced versions (i.e. Control, new CoD and GTA5).
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Spudbynight's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Mortar MAX
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce 1660 Super
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake v21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    You could like, read the article you're commenting on It's more than just RTX.
    I did, like, read the article I was commenting on. I have also read reports elsewhere as well.

"The new version of the game is being designed with the latest and greatest PC and console hardware in mind. Yes, it will include real-time raytracing support, across the base game and all the expansions in the Complete Edition bundle. Additionally, the game will be optimised for faster loading times available on PC, where SSDs and PCIe SSDs are much more prevalent nowadays. Similarly when the game comes to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 it will take advantage of the much faster storage sub-systems in those consoles."

The only things mentioned in the article are ray-tracing support and "faster loading times". Just playing the original game in 1080p at Ultra would be a huge step up for console owners. Every report I have seen on this simply mentions those two things for PC owners, ray-tracing support and faster loading times. So, for non RTX owners, the only thing they will get is "faster loading times" unless you can spot anything in the article which mentions anything else?

Console games often get "next gen remasters" which are often no different to the original PC release. Take Burnout Paradise as a recent example. The console remasters are a big improvement, but are simply brought in line with the original PC version. It is very hard to spot any visual differences between the original and remastered versions on the PC.

Glad you are enjoying it. I was amazed at how good it was. The graphics are still amazing, even years after release. I bought a new GPU recently and was able to run it on max settings. I spent ages running back to places I had visited just to see them again. The script writing is also fantastic. Some real emotional highs and lows, and real agonising over decisions.

Thanks
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB (boot), Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION+ 560P
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

Better skyrim special edition?

I hope we can import normal W3 saves - I quite like the idea of doing a NG+ run once this comes out (assuming I actually finish the game before then!)

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    Better skyrim special edition?

I hope we can import normal W3 saves - I quite like the idea of doing a NG+ run once this comes out (assuming I actually finish the game before then!)
    I'd *guess* save imports would be fine, but then where is the fun in that :^)

FWIW, on console (not sure if similar on PC) the normal game plus DLC versus the complete/GOTY edition have different SKUs and saves are incompatible.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Ravens Nest

Bought this quite cheap with all the DLC (Blood & wine which is almost a separate game) This game just keeps giving and giving!

Registered+
    Thanks

The story dialogue is one of the best parts of The Witcher 3, skipping it feels like removing the glue that holds it together. Each to their own of course. I did most of the side quest stuff iirc (but skipping much of the collectable type content I don't enjoy) and playthrough for the base game I think was 119 hours and 177 hours for the whole thing inc expansions. Main story alone plus whatever you need to get money/items is probably less than half that. Not years, but yes, it's a big game and packed with great content.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Spudbynight's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Mortar MAX
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce 1660 Super
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake v21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

I found the storyline with the Baron to be heartbreaking. You really are faced with an impossible choice and I simply couldn't bring myself to do A to avoid B. What resulted from me doing what I did, gave me an emotional reaction I hadn't experienced in so long in a videogame.

Thanks
    • adidan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar Max
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 m.2 480Gb / 2xCrucial M500 1Tb0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX1080 Mini
      • PSU:
      • 750W EVGA G3
      • Case:
      • CM NR400 Noctua Redux filled
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p Iiyama XUB2792QSU

CDPR are just awesome.

Was intending to have another bash at this, will hang on until the upgrade now.
    Grab that. Get that. Check it out. Bring that here. Grab anything useful. Take anything good.

Thread Information