Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,813
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,997 times in 703 posts

    EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    Meanwhile, EA has said the next Battlefield game will arrive in time for holiday 2021.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    26 times in 20 posts
    • Bagpuss's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9-9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3400
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 512GB NVMe SSD, Crucial 1Tb NVMe SSD, 6Tb Seagate 7200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Black Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850 RMx 850 Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify C Copper Front Panel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG UK850 27in 4K HDR Freesync/Gsync
      • Internet:
      • Three Mobile 4G Unlimited Data (35-45Mbit)

    Re: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    Lol, Sony fanboys, the most toxic and deranged group of knuckle draggers you could ever hope to come across online, are losing their minds over this, trying to explain why their uber console can't match the Series X when it comes to resolutions.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    5 times in 5 posts

    Re: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    I'm not a fan of EA personally, despise then I fact for the most part.

    But this is how it should be done going forward.

    I between pc and console, in terms of options (obviously it leads much more to console, but that's fine).

    In regards the PS, it's obviously inferior to the Xbox, regardless whether certain people want to hear it or not.

    But why is the PS5 the same resolution and frame rate as PS4 Pro? Even with lighting tech on, it should still be more capable than PS4 Pro.

    Is it Sony's dev kit? Laziness on EA's part, or an I misunderstanding something?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where you are not
    Posts
    998
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked
    76 times in 65 posts
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250GB / 1 x 1TB / 1 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 40Mbps SKY Fibre

    Re: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    next Battlefield game
    I'm not touching one unless they do a sequel to 2142. All too much of the same.

  5. #5
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoyo69 View Post
    I'm not a fan of EA personally, despise then I fact for the most part.

    But this is how it should be done going forward.

    I between pc and console, in terms of options (obviously it leads much more to console, but that's fine).

    In regards the PS, it's obviously inferior to the Xbox, regardless whether certain people want to hear it or not.

    But why is the PS5 the same resolution and frame rate as PS4 Pro? Even with lighting tech on, it should still be more capable than PS4 Pro.

    Is it Sony's dev kit? Laziness on EA's part, or an I misunderstanding something?
    Probably just laziness on EA's part. On paper the PS5 should only be around 10-20pc slower?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    12 times in 10 posts
    • KultiVator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus x570 Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3900x
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill 32GB (2x16gb) 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 5TB of NVMe storage (most of it on PCIe4) + Various SATA SSDs & HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus RTX 2080 Super OC 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750x
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P600s (Black & White Edition)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 32" 4K IPS / ASUS 24" ProArt 1200p IPS / GStory 1080p/166Hz GSync/FreeSync IPS / Quest 2 HMD

    Re: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    Quote Originally Posted by protagonist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoyo69 View Post
    I'm not a fan of EA personally, despise then I fact for the most part.

    But this is how it should be done going forward.

    I between pc and console, in terms of options (obviously it leads much more to console, but that's fine).

    In regards the PS, it's obviously inferior to the Xbox, regardless whether certain people want to hear it or not.

    But why is the PS5 the same resolution and frame rate as PS4 Pro? Even with lighting tech on, it should still be more capable than PS4 Pro.

    Is it Sony's dev kit? Laziness on EA's part, or an I misunderstanding something?
    Probably just laziness on EA's part. On paper the PS5 should only be around 10-20pc slower?
    I wouldn't read too much into it... the statement about PS5 performance is very vague.

    Activision's close association with Sony of the past few years seems to triggered a similar closeness between MS and EA. Wonder if this cosying up will result in any industry-shaking acquisitions at some point? Looks like XBox gamers will instantly see the benefit of EA Play being merged into the GamePass offering - interesting times.

  7. #7
    Hardcore Tory, Lost Cause Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    6,474
    Thanks
    421
    Thanked
    701 times in 594 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 5960X o/c to 4.summat
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe wiv perspex window
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB270HU 1440 IPS GSync
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: EA details its next gen Star Wars: Squadrons graphics options

    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Sony fanboys, the most toxic and deranged group of knuckle draggers you could ever hope to come across online
    The most?
    Oh, I dunno... I think there are quite a few contenders for that title!
    _______________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie lee View Post
    I could never work my way back up the shaft. Managed once to get to the bottom of the shaft, but got covered in slime and got stuck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •